Prospect Info: Pavel Buchnevich Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
the key issue in the whole CSKA-SKA debate is this: SKA is not a "team", they're a bunch of individuals.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
Despite that the cream always rises to the top. Zubov knows this. Which is why I'm alarmed the best offensive player in the history of NYR prospects according to this board has not been given a chance to play. What the hell Zubov!

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Despite that the cream always rises to the top. Zubov knows this. Which is why I'm alarmed the best offensive player in the history of NYR prospects according to this board has not been given a chance to play. What the hell Zubov!

Do you watch any of his games? I'm curious because your reasoning for siding with Zubov seems to be because he won a cup. Ok, gretz won numerous and he proved even the greatest player in the sport couldn't coach as well as people had thought. Zubov wasn't even the head coach going into the year. Buchnevich IS NOT the greatest prospect in the team's history. He's their most skilled prospect since Cherepanov in '07. The kid will be fine, if Zubov doesn't wanna play him fine. I'll take a sweep.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Wonder how this affects their chances against Lokomotiv.

Buch will get playing time now at least.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Wonder how this affects their chances against Lokomotiv.

Buch will get playing time now at least.

The guy is their captain and best player. This changes everything. SKA is done for. Lokomotiv drops them tomorrow and this series could be over in 4. How does the captain and star leave out of nowhere?!?

SLE17

Dec 21, 2011
NJ
Could we possibly seen Buch this season now ?

Say they get eliminated this round. Buch coming over could be one of our "deadline" roster moves.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

you do know that some of the greatest players to ever play the game make some of the worst coaches in the history of the game as well right.?

The only exception I can think of is Lemaire. Other than that, they are not good.

With this being Zubov's 1st coaching job, I can completely understand why he's doing a piss poor job.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Kovalchuk HAS NOT left his KHL team. He was just sent back to St.Petersburg to train on his own. Many think he's been released of contract as I did. Misinterpretation. He will possibly play in game three.
Missed bus to morning skate on last game of regular season and was scratched that night, Shipachyov wore the 'C'. He was minus 2 in game one yesterday . Sent home due to poor performance.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Very interesting.

IMHO this should've been done but, obviously, it should've been done during the regular season. Now such an extreme decision could work in two fully opposite ways: it could be a wake-up call for both the team and Kovalchuk resulting in a game two win followed by a "reformed" Kovalchuk returning to the team and then they jointly go on a long play-off run. On the other hand, like Antony said, they can completely fall apart (especially if they lose their game 2 tomorrow) and be done before this week is over.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Kovalchuk HAS NOT left his KHL team. He was just sent back to St.Petersburg to train on his own. Many think he's been released of contract as I did. Misinterpretation. He will possibly play in game three.
Missed bus to morning skate on last game of regular season and was scratched that night, Shipachyov wore the 'C'. He was minus 2 in game one yesterday . Sent home due to poor performance.

not a misinterpretation, more like a mis communication.

Whe you hear someone has been dismissed from the team it usually means buh-bye and not for just a game.

the way to have worded this was Ilya was sent home because he's a lazy SOB (but in nicer tones)

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Very interesting.

IMHO this should've been done but, obviously, it should've been done during the regular season. Now such an extreme decision could work in two fully opposite ways: it could be a wake-up call for both the team and Kovalchuk resulting in a game two win followed by a "reformed" Kovalchuk returning to the team and then they jointly go on a long play-off run. On the other hand, like Antony said, they can completely fall apart (especially if they lose their game 2 tomorrow) and be done before this week is over.

I'm hoping for the latter

Buch needs to be out of that situation ASAP

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Well...at least that means Buch will see a shift next game :laugh:

And good, i'm glad the situation is a mess there, more of a reason for Buch not to want to be any part of it.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
From Friedman's Reddit AMA:

Do you know anything about the Pavel Buchenivich situation? If so when is the earliest you see him playing for the Rangers?

Elliotte_Friedman
I've talked to Roman Rotenberg, who owns SKA. He wants to keep Buchnevich there next year. It will be up to the player. What does he want to do?

Hopefully the Rangers can figure out a way to make it worth his while.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I mean we kinda knew that. They didn't just trade for Buchnevich and Dergachyov to play them in sporadic positions then just lose them for nothing.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
If they want to keep him so bad they also seem to be actively working on burning bridges with him...strange situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad