Player Discussion Paul Byron

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
One of our best all round players with incredible speed and desire. We have too many small players and they, like him, get lumped up by January. Just an observation as a fan.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I like Domi and Byron together. Those two have great chemistry!

very true. Perhaps Byron-KK-Domi could be a good line.

Byron-Galchenyuk-Radulov was lights out before Chucky's knee injury. So Byron can play well on an offensive line. I just think he needs to play with offensive players with size for that to be the case.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
very true. Perhaps Byron-KK-Domi could be a good line.

Byron-Galchenyuk-Radulov was lights out before Chucky's knee injury. So Byron can play well on an offensive line. I just think he needs to play with offensive players with size for that to be the case.
I would like to see a Domi - KK - Byron line too

Tatar - Suzuki - Gally
Domi - KK - Byron
Lehky - Danault - Drouin
Poehling - Evans - Armia

These lines could be interesting.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
If he can become a Cammalleri or Gionta, his size won't matter - they were excellent scorers in their prime...

As for the overall lack of size, it's being addressed. Anderson in for Domi. Basically Toffoli is in for Cousins or Weal. Tatar likely is gone. Suzuki is strong on his skates. Drouin is Drouin. And I don't know why Byron is still here. I.e. at this point Byron and Drouin are highly expendable. Caufield and another of our prospects could easily replace them, to go along with Anderson, Toffoli, Gallagher, Armia, and Lehkonen. That's 7 of our top 8 wingers. And Lehkonen is 6 feet and strong on his skates, strong in the corners.
Nobody is going to take on Byron's contract for his value. When it comes to scoring it doesnt matter how big you are. Any team will take anybody who can score . Goals are at a premium in the NHL.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Nobody is going to take on Byron's contract for his value. When it comes to scoring it doesnt matter how big you are. Any team will take anybody who can score . Goals are at a premium in the NHL.

I think in pre covid times, ottawa native Byron could have been moved to ottawa, though we might have had to package a non-1st round pick to get it done. Dorion did give us a 7th for Peca.

Now that covid economic realities have hit, it remains to be seen when we'll get back to some thing close to pre covid times. But yes, I highly doubt Byron can be moved, even with a good pick attached, in these economic times.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Thought PB looked very good against Ottawa. He used to just fly up the ice but seems to have added a bit more to his game.

Reactions: BLONG7

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
He's earned his spot over Tatar going forward. Luckily all the UFAs have played and made our summer moves easy.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
He’s been excellent. No one would complain if he was making $2m per year. The contract was given expecting him to continue to get 20 goals a year. That was never happening.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
He's a trooper.

Not the most talented player on ice but he comes to play at every games, not unlike Gallagher.

And he's fast AF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad