Player Discussion Paul Byron

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
McGregor is killing nobody lmao dudes a millionaire not a murderer. Connor can get hands too in a street fight. Especially if disrespecting the holy mother

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
I agree that most hockey fights are useless, but the vast majority don't injure either participant. I don't see the comparison of Byron/Weegar with me and McGregor, but whatever.
Chihuahuas shouldn’t fight Pitbulls, when they get injured it’s their own fault. Pride/Ego = consequences/lessons

*wasn’t saying you specifically, you as a generalization. Anyone. It’s “code” to do so was my point. These “codes” are nonsense in the real world and also in hockey.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
McGregor is killing nobody lmao dudes a millionaire not a murderer. Connor can get hands too in a street fight. Especially if disrespecting the holy mother
Ok so you’re just gonna ignore my point. Has nothing to do with Mcgregor I just used him as an example. You know exactly what I mean.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Je taimerais toujours petit paul

I'd like to add these 2 specific moments :
Game 3 vs Vegas (it could be argued which exact moment flipped the series, Josh's 1st goal or his 2nd) but what's CERTAIN is there is no pivotal Game 3 OT win without the heads up play AND pass to Josh for that winner

And Game 6 Vs Toronto, AGAIN in OT, there is NO WIN without, again, the play Byron makes AND pass to KK for the Winner

I'm forever thankful for 2021, and Byron wont get no more grief from me never again.

But NO show for me in the playoffs like Pacioretty, Domi, Galch and you need to GTFO of my sight, dead to me + Slander lol

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Disappointing there's an asset we won't be able to get at the deadline. On top of that Byron was a great leader on the team and we won't get that presence this year either.

Byron really was a trooper for us. Oh well, at least we're going into this off-season with absurd amounts of cap space.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Petit Paul has officially become a UFA. Shame the way his career ended. Would be nice to a see tribute thread or some recognition of his time in Montreal.

Noticed in this video that's he still sticking around our practice facility even though he's no longer with the team. Curious if we hear some sort of announcement in the coming weeks of joining our development team. Maybe he's helping with development camp? Anyone attend and see if he's working with our prospects?

Perhaps one of my favorite Byron moments:

First Line

There’s something about Marty
Aug 21, 2002
Petit Paul has officially become a UFA. Shame the way his career ended. Would be nice to a see tribute thread or some recognition of his time in Montreal.

Noticed in this video that's he still sticking around our practice facility even though he's no longer with the team. Curious if we hear some sort of announcement in the coming weeks of joining our development team. Maybe he's helping with development camp? Anyone attend and see if he's working with our prospects?

I recall Hughes saying they invited him to their loges to watch the game once and he kept showing up. Looks like they just can’t get rid of him so might as well give him a job.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Yeah, he said he wants a job with the organization, so he's just going to keep hanging around til they give him one. Kids are there too.

Reactions: Durvann

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Good luck Byron. Sad you ended your career fighting the coward Weegar (6’ 200 lbs going after a 5’7 dude and knocking him out … slow clap for Weegar). Glad your contract is over Paul, and I hope you find the next step in life you are looking for.

Reactions: Forum93 and Durvann

GammaAway

Jun 24, 2020
Would you give him a vague "Assistant to development" title or a more concrete position, i.e. ECHL|AHL assistant coach type?

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Byron is a beast in the La Prairie softball league, batting wise. Most runs scored in the league so far.
Also a class act, and down to earth lad from what I heard.

I wish him the best.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad