Player Discussion Paul Byron

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
lol, triggered much by me insulting your hero's beard? Ok bud, walk it off.
You’re the one triggered by his beard and felt the need to insult him....you should take your own advice and start walking over there....that’s it, keep walking

lol.....Golden Boy and now my hero....Amish Beard......lol......let me retort, you need to run it off , so much anger in this one :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You’re the one triggered by his beard and felt the need to insult him....you should take your own advice and start walking over there....that’s it, keep walking

lol.....Golden Boy and now my hero....Amish Beard......lol......let me retort, you need to run it off , so much anger in this one :laugh:

I have no dog in this fight cause I don't particularly like or hate Byron but the Amish beard thing is bang on. :laugh:

Byron has the kind of face that can be interchanged with most civil war soldiers.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

You are cute when mad. I still love you

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Byron has 4 years left at a cap hit of $3.4M which is a very good value contract. JT Miller was traded for a 1st and 3rd and he has slightly better numbers but a higher cap hit ($5.25M for 4 years).

If the Habs are not in a playoff spot by the deadline, I would entertain trading him if a team wants to give us the Miller type return. If not, keep him. We can trade him down the road.

Reactions: angry pirate

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Byron has 4 years left at a cap hit of $3.4M which is a very good value contract. JT Miller was traded for a 1st and 3rd and he has slightly better numbers but a higher cap hit ($5.25M for 4 years).

If the Habs are not in a playoff spot by the deadline, I would entertain trading him if a team wants to give us the Miller type return. If not, keep him. We can trade him down the road.

I've read some blurb about how Byron's slow start is due to his lack of explosiveness this year. Have you noticed anything like that?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I've read some blurb about how Byron's slow start is due to his lack of explosiveness this year. Have you noticed anything like that?

I have seen more energy from Byron when he plays in our top 9 vs 4th line and I don't blame him. He's being used as a rag doll and thrown in the mix of several lines over and over again. I don't think he is the type to complain but it's noticeable to me. Is it affecting his game? I would say yes to some degree.

With me it's simple, keep him if we don't get the return we want. I do know a lot of GM's would love to add a player like this to their team so let them get desperate and pay the asking price or we keep him.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land

I want him to be traded in a package to get a decent left D. We have interresting dept with Poehling, Evans, Belzile, we can lose Byron and still survive with forward skaters. Hey, we have Weal !!! ... and Thompson !!! , lol.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I want him to be traded in a package to get a decent left D. We have interresting dept with Poehling, Evans, Belzile, we can lose Byron and still survive with forward skaters. Hey, we have Weal !!! ... and Thompson !!! , lol.

I rather trade Bryon for futures (JT Miller type return) vs trading him for a LD who is no better than Kulak. Byron will return a decent return but I doubt we get the upgrade at LD we are looking for... unless we add? Then who is that LD?

We have Romanov coming and who knows how good Struble and Norlinder will be. Are we looking for a LD that bridges the gap for when the prospects are ready or are we looking for a LD that will be with us for a long time and better than our prospects?

I agree Byron can be spared if the return is right. We have lots of forwards that can replace Byron

Reactions: calder candidate

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
So about our Lord Byron...

Not a great start to the year for him, 2 assists in 12 games. He's been pretty ineffective.

He's in the first year of a 4 year deal that has an AAV of 3.4M.

Now the Habs aren't up against the cap right now, so it's not a major concern but what's up with him?

Should the Habs look at moving him now? Will he break out at some point? Would anyone take him? Will his value continue to go down?

Who would take his place, Poehling?

He's certainly not helping KK...

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
So about our Lord Byron...

Not a great start to the year for him, 2 assists in 12 games. He's been pretty ineffective.

He's in the first year of a 4 year deal that has an AAV of 3.4M.

Now the Habs aren't up against the cap right now, so it's not a major concern but what's up with him?

Should the Habs look at moving him now? Will he break out at some point? Would anyone take him? Will his value continue to go down?

Who would take his place, Poehling?

He's certainly not helping KK...

His contract is a classic case of don't fall in love with depth players. His trade value must be marginal right now due to his compensation.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Another gem by Byron. Can't do much out there in either end, time to sit him down or send him packing, he's dead weight.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Where is ti Paul that I saw many times? Escaping with da puck, faster dan anyone on the ice including the Zamboni turbo special edition. I saw number 92 doing this a lot but not ti Paul. Where are his legs, his instinct to poke da puck and get into a breakaway? I guess weal have to patient with ti Paul, he can bounce back, I hope.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Where is ti Paul that I saw many times? Escaping with da puck, faster dan anyone on the ice including the Zamboni turbo special edition. I saw number 92 doing this a lot but not ti Paul. Where are his legs, his instinct to poke da puck and get into a breakaway? I guess weal have to patient with ti Paul, he can bounce back, I hope.

Still early on enough in the season,but he has not been the player Habs fans are used to. Why is the question, due to injuries,age,deployment? Seemed to have a bit more giddy up against Vegas though.
The emergence of Drouin and the acquisition of Cousins might make PB redundant. He was a great pick up at the time and a real good stop gap.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005

Goals from last year.
He was clearly faster last season.
It's more than a speed loss though.
He scored a lot of scrappy goal in the past because he was well positionned near the crease.

He's a different guy this season.
I hope he turns it around soon because I actually like Paul and he can be a useful bottom 6 player .

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He hasn't been the same player since he got KOed. Should have been traded just like Shaw and signed a replacement.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
His contract is a classic case of don't fall in love with depth players.

20 goal scorers aren't depth players... If this play continues than this contract will haunt us no doubt, but back to back 20 goal seasons and pacing to do it again before injury is not a depth roster player.

If you want to say we shouldn't have given a 4 year contract to a small, 30 year old player, who relies on speed than fine. But Paul Bryon was not a depth player for the last 2.5 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad