Player Discussion: Patrik Laine

Status
Not open for further replies.

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
The cynical side of me thinks we would see Stone schief wheeler. Lol
most likely, unfortunately

or laine-little-stone which isn't ideal but certainly better than what that line currently is at least

back to laine/scheif/stone though, that line would have everything. the elite defense from stone, elite play driving from stone/scheifele and the extreme shooting talent from laine and to a lesser extent scheifele. also scheif's insane playmaking. i'm pretty sure they'd give the bergeron line a run for it's money

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
most likely, unfortunately

or laine-little-stone which isn't ideal but certainly better than what that line currently is at least

back to laine/scheif/stone though, that line would have everything. the elite defense from stone, elite play driving from stone/scheifele and the extreme shooting talent from laine and to a lesser extent scheifele. also scheif's insane playmaking. i'm pretty sure they'd give the bergeron line a run for it's money

This could be a deadly, deadly line. You then run Connor - Little - Wheels as your 2nd (or 1b). That line could feast on other 2nd lines.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Ehlers Sheif Stone

Connor Little Wheeler

Copp Lowry Tanev

Lemiuex/Apples Roslo Laine

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
People don't realize Duchene is not a play driver (or a good one at least).

This is why people say we need Stone instead, since he's the better player overall and dominant at 5 v 5, one of the best in the league. Laine doesn't specifically need a better center, he needs a play driver.

Duchene is 100% a play driver. Give him Little winger and he'll be twice the player Little is. Theres far more to comparing players then saying look at their expected goals for while in completely different situations. Duchene is the center that Laine needs. Little is a dump and chase player. That's not where Laine excels.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

CaptainUgly

Jackie made me look in the mirror for punishment
Apr 22, 2018
I also think the pressure were putting on our 20 year old phenom is why certain players shy away from Winnipeg as a Free Agent destination,

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I also think the pressure were putting on our 20 year old phenom is why certain players shy away from Winnipeg as a Free Agent destination,

If you come into the league and do what he did the pressure will always be high. Doesnt matter where you play outside of maybe Arizona and Florida. You think the pressure isnt going to be high on Pettersson in Van after the rookie season he is having?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
You can't have that unless Wheeler is surgically detached from Scheifeles hip.
IMO people way over state Scheif and Wheeler joined at the hip. Scheifele is the team's #1 center and Wheeler is the team's top winger. They like playing with each other as the both prefer a strong cycle game. Landing Stone changes the dynamics because he is a veteran winger in the same class as Wheeler. Then Maurice will trust switching them up.

Reactions: Gotaf7

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
I just got back home from today's Moose game and Lowry and Laine were there after the game promoting NHL2019. Laine poked fun at himself saying, "these guys were me in the game and they couldn't score so the game is obviously pretty realistic".

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
If you come into the league and do what he did the pressure will always be high. Doesnt matter where you play outside of maybe Arizona and Florida. You think the pressure isnt going to be high on Pettersson in Van after the rookie season he is having?

What do other teams have to do with it? The amount of pressure Laine feels is not dependent on how much pressure other teams get.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
What do other teams have to do with it? The amount of pressure Laine feels is not dependent on how much pressure other teams get.

It's the same amount of pressure any young superstar gets in a market that cares about its team. People need to stop pretending this is an isolated event. If any other young star wasn't preforming up to snuff they'd face the same kind of criticism.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
It would seem obvious to us...but it would never occur to Maurice
Scheif and wheeler are joined at the hip probably just as much on them as the coach. More likely stone will be the winger with them.
Stone scheifele and wheeler.
And our underacheiving finn would go to the 3rd line. With little ehlers and Conner being the 2nd line.

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
Scheif and wheeler are joined at the hip probably just as much on them as the coach. More likely stone will be the winger with them.
Stone scheifele and wheeler.
And our underacheiving finn would go to the 3rd line. With little ehlers and Conner being the 2nd line.
yep someone unnecessarily playing their offwing. sounds like a maurice move for sure

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
yep someone unnecessarily playing their offwing. sounds like a maurice move for sure

I doubt it. Mo usually listens to vets on their preferred positions. Stone is a RW and if he plays for the Jets he will only play right wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad