RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
AOrwCbc.png

Mini update.

Ukkosenjumala

Nov 24, 2017
Finland
Got a feeling Laine's assists are in the same place as his goalscoring was before he broke out. Just unsustainably bad luck given his talents. Don't agree with switching Ehlers back with Laine at all, Connor has already had Laine on speed dial and with Connors finishing touch it looked like it was developing both ways. While Laine should focus mainly on being open, it makes the line a bit predictable and it leaves nobody to capitalize on the rebounds he creates.

Last edited:

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
I certainly do. When analyzing players you have to take all data into account. TOI and linemates are extremely important when trying to form a realistic picture. Can't just ignore circumstance.
We weren't analyzing anyone. I said Matthews might get to 100 goals quicker than Laine. Who he played with is irrelevant, unless you're discussing how and/or why he got there quicker (should he get there quicker), but that wasn't the statement that was made.

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
We weren't analyzing anyone. I said Matthews might get to 100 goals quicker than Laine. Who he played with is irrelevant, unless you're discussing how and/or why he got there quicker (should he get there quicker), but that wasn't the statement that was made.

Fair enough. I of course would always want to have the conversation of how they got there but you are right, it wasn't asked in your question.

Reactions: abax44

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Dude, you're drunk again. :laugh: But there's some good songs in those posts so keep it up. Didn't realize Klamydia is still a thing. :laugh:

Desperate attempt to jinx it. :laugh: Doesn't seem working well. :('

Klamydia still plays occasionally in a bar's juke. Got inspiration from that, I assume...

Come on Patty! Come on Jets! Still a period to make it work!

Reactions: Plural

The Russian Rocket

Nov 18, 2017
Time for Laine to score again today since Ovie took the goal scoring lead. Need to get back on track after 4 consecutive games without points.

The Russian Rocket

Nov 18, 2017
Great that Laine finally got couple of assists; but I'm baffled who has told him to start looking for passing lanes when he should shoot. His job in this team is goal scoring and it's now 5 games without a goal.

Reactions: FinnishSniper

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
Great that Laine finally got couple of assists; but I'm baffled who has told him to start looking for passing lanes when he should shoot. His job in this team is goal scoring and it's now 5 games without a goal.

Maybe Buff yelled at him to pass after his 5 goal game.

Anyway, coach should go tell the kid to start shooting ahain. We know he is a great passer, no need to try and prove it. He has been looking to pass too much.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Yeah he had two easy shots and deferred instead

armyjoe

Nov 15, 2010
You know how how passers take a step in and try to take a top corner snipe when defense is covering passing lines on a pp so next time there would a line open? Maybe Laine is trying that but instead to free himself for a shot. :naughty:

And as much I like to see him to utilize his shot I wouldnt mind seeing a little bit more playmaking by him.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
You know how how passers take a step in and try to take a top corner snipe when defense is covering passing lines on a pp so next time there would a line open? Maybe Laine is trying that but instead to free himself for a shot. :naughty:

And as much I like to see him to utilize his shot I wouldnt mind seeing a little bit more playmaking by him.

Laine shooting ~20%
Rest of the team besides Schiefele averages near 10% .
Everything equal, Laine should shoot .
Pass completion, other factors, etc. It's been awhile since he shot when a pass was a better option .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad