Player Discussion: Patrik Laine - MOD WARNING IN OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Well, this is from biggest finnish news site..
BZxJvpw.png

Oh my, the Finnish language is something special.

FinRanger

Jan 15, 2013
I tend to watch the home team's broadcast when the Jet's are playing out of town, and I have never heard a broadcast duo gush over an opposing team player as much as they did about Laine. During the intermissions and post-game, they talked about him more than all the Ranger's players combined. The first question they ask Hank is about Laine and then had like 3 follow-up questions, all with regards to Laine. If MSG is calling the game against NJD, it could be another Laine love-fest.

Haha yes it was something else. I am a Rangers fan first and foremost and watch a lot of their broadcasts. They give credit to other team's best players. I also think Steve Valiquette is usually very good with his goalie analysis. He said Laine has beaten goalies cleanly most in NHL (13). Ovechkin has beaten goalies cleanly 8 times this season.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Well, this is from biggest finnish news site..
BZxJvpw.png

And it's BS. By securing 60 points, he also at the same go ensured his PpGP will be >0.73 even with full 82 games which means another $212.500 in Sked A bonuses. So it was $425k night for him.

I appreciate deeply that they have set it so that getting 60 Points does that.

Jack722

Mar 3, 2018
I explained myself in the post I was originally quoted in so forgive me for getting tired of going over it again.

I think the only reason people even care is because your initial comment was way more controversial than you're making it seem; "Laine is not even close to our most valuable asset", and then after that you kind of have been moving the goal posts trying to rescue your initial comment.

Anyway the comments have been interesting nonetheless.

Reactions: Rene Saari

Vekke

Feb 28, 2018
That could pay my mortage and I could have few beers also My quess is that 38 is enough for B bonus for top 10 scoring, but he could hit 50 just to make sure.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Watching the 2 goals vs Lundqvist in slow-mo, he was barely in butterfly by the time the puck was past him in both instances without him having made the slightest movement towards the puck, and he's supposed to be a reaction goalie.

I guess the idea is to be big and cover as much as possible. Or to guess where he'll shoot.
I guess this has been what goalies have been even doing more against him lately. But guess what Pate has been also doing lately? Well, shooting now pretty much more low and through the five hole. If goalies do exactly what you mentioned here, with his shot they become extremely vulnerable to become burned through the five hole.

Laine, you cheeky and nasty little Amish hobo...

Reactions: Rene Saari

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Ok. We got through Viasat the broadcast by MSG I think. So didn’t hear that analysis. Could you maybe just shortly tell his main points in his analysis?
That the biggest difference in his game has been how he's been moving his feet more, being more engaged and finding different ways and areas to score from.

Basically a lot of what has been written here.

Reactions: Ippenator

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
That the biggest difference in his game has been how he's been moving his feet more, being more engaged and finding different ways and areas to score from.

Basically a lot of what has been written here.
Ok. Thanks, I appreciate it. And yes his analysis is true and has been pretty much commented like that here too. Of course right kind of line chemistries are part of the story too. But I do definitely agree with his analysis also.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ducky10

Teemu SeLaine

Mar 7, 2018
I had to make a user just for this Guys help me out! What is the name of the song (playing in the arena) after the second goal in this video:

I appreciate your help so much if someone knows the answer !!

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Without even checking, if Laine indeed does win the goalscoring title, that's with by far the lowest amount of average time on ice that the leading goalscorer has ever had.

FinnJet

Just one Lainer
Jan 20, 2017
Maurice has got so much harsh critique during the season. Most of it has been warranted, some have been not. Maurice is stubborn to his fault, but a very good person.

Just now is a good time for praise what Maurice did last game as it was quite special. He played Laine protecting the 2 goal lead with empty net and when Laine was going to have a line change, Maurice told him to stay, obviously to finish his hatty. Captain Wheeler had a great faceoff win and also gave the puck to help Laine to finish the hatty.
That was a decent thing to do from PoMo, because that was a special game for Patrik. His family and some relatives were there watching the game:thumbu:

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Malkin got his 38th tonight. Tie with Laine , Ovie didn't play.

The Kid got to keep up the pace, as we know those 2 guys won't let up.

Go for the ROCKET!

by the way Ehler is quietly #30 on goals list. Hope he gets to 30 this year as well.

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
more important to getting over 50 goals seasons as teenager than winning goal scorers Trophy at this time. Trophys he will fill all holes at home anyway. propably winning goal scorers League if he pumping goals as lately anyway also this seasons

Sir avgard hockeyprofessor

Reactions: 1OApick

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I've noticed that the Stats line has a set play now where they get the puck to Ehlers on the left side he streaks in and drops to Laine so he can rip it. We'll see if they pull it out tonight. Tried it at least 4 times by my count last game.

Reactions: Ippenator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad