Player Discussion: Patrik Laine - MOD WARNING IN OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I've noticed that the Stats line has a set play now where they get the puck to Ehlers on the left side he streaks in and drops to Laine so he can rip it. We'll see if they pull it out tonight. Tried it at least 4 times by my count last game.
Chiarot did it on Laine's 2nd goal against the Rangers. You see Laine come all the way from the right side and slot in behind Cheerios, 3 Rangers all caught deep when Pate got the puck. He's finding those spots very often, hard to keep track of.

Insthofen

Dec 2, 2016
Btw, that empty netter against Rangers was also nice: lifted the stick of the opposing winger neatly.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Chiarot did it on Laine's 2nd goal against the Rangers. You see Laine come all the way from the right side and slot in behind Cheerios, 3 Rangers all caught deep when Pate got the puck. He's finding those spots very often, hard to keep track of.

It's definitely a set play. I'd almost guarantee they try it quite a few times tonight.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

Vekke

Feb 28, 2018
This car issue is really bugging me. I was earlier wondering how Patty and Nik are so connected to Audi Winnipeg while Toyota is main sponsor of Jets.

Now I learned about Chipmans car business and I am even more confused because Birchman has 14 dealerships but Audi isn’t one of those. How he can let two young superstars promote Audi?

Lars65

Useless Git
Sep 6, 2011
Winnipeg
This car issue is really bugging me. I was earlier wondering how Patty and Nik are so connected to Audi Winnipeg while Toyota is main sponsor of Jets.

Now I learned about Chipmans car business and I am even more confused because Birchman has 14 dealerships but Audi isn’t one of those. How he can let two young superstars promote Audi?
Ironically enough the Jets players can only do promos for Chipman's competitors. To do it for him would violate the CBA.

Reactions: RedBar and Vekke

Vekke

Feb 28, 2018
Ironically enough the Jets players can only do promos for Chipman's competitors. To do it for him would violate the CBA.
Hahaa.. kind of funny that Toyota is main sponsor and guys are promoting German cars.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Ovechkin's game starting now. Hopefully he doesn't score tonight so this race for Rocket stays interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Howard Chuck

Andon

Oct 23, 2016
I went to NHL stats to check if there's more than two Finnish players with 40+ goals during a season and apparently not. It's a pretty looking list with 7 seasons of Selänne and 7 seasons of Kurri, so I'll add the screenshot too:

pA05Rlm.png

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
Poor St Louis :laugh:

Laine's board play is 100% better than early season. It's not Scheifele level yet, but he's wayyyy ahead of where Scheif was at that age. Scary to think of how complete a player he can be.
Hmm, I read that first as: Laine's beard play is 100% better than early season.

Reactions: Howard Chuck

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
I went to NHL stats to check if there's more than two Finnish players with 40+ goals during a season and apparently not. It's a pretty looking list with 7 seasons of Selänne and 7 seasons of Kurri, so I'll add the screenshot too:

pA05Rlm.png
Wow, Skriko and Sinisalo...those two were considered mediocre in the Kurri era but still they are ahead most post 1995 stars.

Reactions: Andon

Oprimus

Mar 8, 2018

pA05Rlm.png
So Laine already has the highest and the second highest amount of goals for active Finnish players. I have a feeling it won't stop there.

StiffSquid

Nov 17, 2016
North Carolina
Yep only two Finns with 40+ goal seasons. Our great friend "the boss" , Olli Jokinen got close a few times. He got 39 goals one year.

Out of this current super generation I could see two or maybe three players having potential to score 40 goals eventually.

Reactions: Rene Saari
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad