Player Discussion: Patrik Laine - MOD WARNING IN OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Before we go any further, we'll make this message crystal clear.

Posts that violate the rules of this site will be rewarded with warnings and thread bans. Consider yourselves warned - none of the crap we have previously gone through will be tolerated.

Please notice that this is a Laine thread; discuss Laine, or don't post. Moreover, we do have a separate thread for discussing the roster in general; take the roster discussion there, or it will be removed from this thread. (link to the roster thread:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...was-laine-ehlers-moved-to-third-line.2449973/ )

All players on the Jets are open for critique in the appropriate threads. If you disagree with the critique levied, argue the points respectfully.

Finally, we will reiterate this important point: critique POSTS, not POSTERS.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
9BFD54E9-7019-4A4C-B0ED-D1D22D082EF1.jpeg

Got emm

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Anyone else find his one timer awkward compared to most? Especially the follow through.

I think it's part of what makes his shot so difficult to process for goalies - the high flex on his stick combined with the length of his stick and the speed at which the puck comes off it makes it incredibly hard to "guess" where it's going. There's so little time between release and a shot on goal for NHL players, that goalies can't REALLY react to it - they have to react to where they think it's going to go.

Usually to late to do anything about it when you've guessed wrong with Laine's shot.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Anyone else find his one timer awkward compared to most? Especially the follow through.
Not really tbh, maybe I need to pay attention more. The puck is usually in the net before his follow through and I'm to busy doing a happy dance.

I've noticed him whiff a bit lately though, those are kind of funny.

Reactions: DaJackal

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
That was a monster of a shot. Anyone up for calculating the velocity of it? I got around 110mph by approximating the distance and amount of frames thr puck travelled, but that’s just a rough estimate.

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front

I've seen it dozens of times and it still amazes me what a f***ing Howitzer that is. If I were a Dman playing PK against him I would never EVER try to block that. I'd probably just go out of the way, do my best imitation of a windshield wiper with my stick and hope he misses.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
That shot is something else... overall good game by Laine yesterday and his first multi-point in a while.

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Honestly ( saw first 2 periods) he looked good 5v5 from what i saw, he and ehlers got chemistry oddly enough, sometimes they overpassed it and laine was passing alot too but damn i like the chances they created. Refreshing to see and pleasantly surprised.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Honestly ( saw first 2 periods) he looked good 5v5 from what i saw, he and ehlers got chemistry oddly enough, sometimes they overpassed it and laine was passing alot too but damn i like the chances they created. Refreshing to see and pleasantly surprised.

Yea mixing it up with Copp in the middle and they got softer match ups and had great ice time in the 1st period until the penalty parade in the second period. The line looked good and Laine looked much better at evens. Seems like he had more room on the ice last night.

The shot was special and did everyone notice how the commentator said Buff had a huge smile on his face? Nice bounce back game keep it rolling boys.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Insane shot on that PP goal. I'm constantly amazed at his ability to shoot the puck.

Really liked the rest of his game last night as well - even on the road, that line should get some favorable matchups that allows Laine to feast.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Insane shot on that PP goal. I'm constantly amazed at his ability to shoot the puck.

Really liked the rest of his game last night as well - even on the road, that line should get some favorable matchups that allows Laine to feast.

Yea honestly who cares about labels if you are getting the ice time and playing with decent talent. Softer match ups is a great thing. Most teams with our skill run a top 9 anyways it’s just now we have transitioned our 3rd line into a scoring line vs a checking line.

Roll with it for another game at least.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka

I talked today about hockey, Laine and his shooting with my woman companion who is neither interested nor knowledgeable about these things. I played that goal highlight video for her as a demonstration explaining what happens there. She was amazed by it. Sort of eyeopener moment to her. Beauty of his shooting can be seen even without any kind enthusianism toward hockey. (People can get annoyed about continuous stream of Laine news in Finland if they don't follow hockey or sports generally.)

Hopefully line changes bring more of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->