Patrik Laine II: The Roof Still is Still On (for now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Good Jesus, so stupidities...
Every player after similar season is glad it is over. Besides he said it is his blame not for Torts or the system. And look at the text, at first he mentioned the team and only then himself.

Yes, Laine put the blame 100% on himself, and that's the way he is built mentally.

Obviously the system was garbage, but he didn't say it. He thinks that no matter what he should be able to produce and to lead the team and in his view, he failed that miserably and is really down because of that. But the summer is long and he will be stronger next time. Also there must be some sort of offensive zone system next season, obviously.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Yes, Laine put the blame 100% on himself, and that's the way he is built mentally.

Obviously the system was garbage, but he didn't say it. He thinks that no matter what he should be able to produce and to lead the team and in his view, he failed that miserably and is really down because of that. But the summer is long and he will be stronger next time. Also there must be some sort of offensive zone system next season, obviously.
IMHO it would be stupidity to trade him. He really wants to stay here and be better. Of course of only if he doesn't problems with his teammates and won't be any problems with resign a contract.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
You see only fights and similar but he is a player who wins battles around the boards is very good in defense and can score he's good in PO.

I see all those things and also that he is a reckless player with no concern for others. I don't know him off the ice so that's all I have to measure him but he seems like a piece of crap human being.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
You see only fights and similar but he is a player who wins battles around the boards is very good in defense and can score he's good in PO.

This isn't worth discussing because

1) - He's not available, at all. Wilson is a super key piece for the Caps. They would never trade him while their cup window is open.

2) - If we want a tough player that can skate and score, and we surely do, we'll be looking at non-sociopath options. Sadly we just traded away a similar player who happens to not be a sociopath. But we can look elsewhere.

LoneFunyan

Proud of all the points
Nov 11, 2015

Is that literally the entire answer he provided?

...I'm normally one to think AP does a much better job than he's given credit for on these boards, but that's a garbage answer due to the lack of context or background he provides as to why that's his answer. It goes contrary to much of what we've seen and heard. He owes his readership a larger and deeper explanation if only because he's perceived as a de facto insider. Poor effort on his part.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio

...I'm normally one to think AP does a much better job than he's given credit for on these boards, but that's a garbage answer due to the lack of context or background he provides as to why that's his answer. It goes contrary to much of what we've seen and heard. He owes his readership a larger and deeper explanation if only because he's perceived as a de facto insider. Poor effort on his part.
Yes and there's a huge gulf of implications between if he can't say why or if he can't be bothered to say why

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

It's a response to "If you had to make a prediction". Who knows how certain he is about it.

I do have a hunch that some in the leadership group want Laine gone, and Porty is trying not to go any further into how he knows that. This is sort of the trouble journalists can get into when they mix on the record and off the record sources in the same story. People often guess that the off the record source is the same as the on the record source.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

100% agreed

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
It's a response to "If you had to make a prediction". Who knows how certain he is about it.

I do have a hunch that some in the leadership group want Laine gone, and Porty is trying not to go any further into how he knows that. This is sort of the trouble journalists can get into when they mix on the record and off the record sources in the same story. People often guess that the off the record source is the same as the on the record source.
Maybe Portzy is right but the true he isn`t quite a good insider.

Btw the key words are "some in the leadership". And still one thing. Kekalainen's and Laine's comments on exit interviews. I doubt Jarmo and Patrik would say similar things if "some of leadership" would be against him. Jarmo knew about the meeting with leadership and attend what he would say, I doubt Patrik not only would say similar words about Columbus but even would stay here after the season. Laine ready to put in the work to rebound from 2021 season If for trade... GM other teams know Patrik very well.

Simply we see. But IMHO it would be a big mistake to trade him. Especially if the market for him is very tiny, his value is slow and he has huge motivation what Jack Roslovic said too.

EDIT: To Porty

Last edited:

Jan

Jan 30, 2021

Btw the key words are "some in the leadership". And still one thing. Kekalainen's and Laine's comments on exit interviews. I doubt Jarmo and Patrik would say similar things if "some of leadership" would be against him. Jarmo knew about the meeting with leadership and attend what he would say, I doubt Patrik not only would say similar words about Columbus but even would stay here after the season. Laine ready to put in the work to rebound from 2021 season If for trade... GM other teams know Patrik very well.

Simply we see. But IMHO it would be a big mistake to trade him. Especially if the market for him is very tiny, his value is slow and he has huge motivation what Jack Roslovic said too.

GM other teams know Patrik very well?

Yes use, they are best friends.

Scout and Coach staff of all other team, has studes his play, and has clearly found some weak spots.

Jan

Jan 30, 2021

Well That may be, but not many players on the team of this season, do has much punch in that talk.
They didn't do to well themselves.

I will believe that they will (try to) demand, that Laine start earning his ice time. They surely has the right to expect a huge improvement from Laine. He was actually in "someway" looking more like a ECHL player than a NHL player, this season and he was really hurting this team.

So I am sure, that there are players on this team, that do not trust Laine on the ice.
Understandably so.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
GM other teams know Patrik very well?

Yes use, they are best friends.

Scout and Coach staff of all other team, has studes his play, and has clearly found some weak spots.
Of course he plays the first season in the NHL so nobody knows info about his character. :sarcasm:

Well That may be, but not many players on the team of this season, do has much punch in that talk.
They didn't do to well themselves.

I will believe that they will (try to) demand, that Laine start earning his ice time. They surely has the right to expect a huge improvement from Laine. He was actually in "someway" looking more like a ECHL player than a NHL player, this season and he was really hurting this team.

So I am sure, that there are players on this team, that do not trust Laine on the ice.
Understandably so.

You`re right they demand here without doubt. But Laine knows himself he played terrible didn`t show his potential except some games where he played excelent. And I don`t say about games with points. But as Jarmo said Laine himself is very unhappy from his game. And I doubt any of the players would suggest to Porty that they don't want Laine in the team.

What`s happen possible trade. Only future shows but it`s bargain now. As I wrote too slow value and a huge possibility he`ll be really more better, simply he could play excelent because he showed he can be not only one-timer sniper in some games.

Last edited:

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

I think the idea that Torts was pushing the envelope to test the front office isn’t far fetched.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

but

Portzline once again speculating that there are players in the locker room that want him traded.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

Keep in mind this is obviously him thinking out loud. Not reporting anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad