Value of: Patrick Kane

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
I disagree. While it might be hard for a team to trade a younger player for an older one. Having a 100 point future first ballot hall of fame player at 5 mil for Three years opens your cup window wide open.

You're talking a specific situation involving two teams that the situation doesn't apply to. Let's put it this way, there is only one team that considers Kane @ 50% for Pettersson, it isn't the Canucks. "Future first ballot hall of fame player" means nothing right now.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
What? Horrific for Anaheim. Wouldn't even work in EASports lmfao
Dach is a prospect and we don't know what he'll turn into.

Strome was a bust until he went to Chicago and we don't know if he'll continue to improve or if he's plateaued at 2C/3C

Kane is 32 years old at start of season with 3 years left.

---

Meanwhile, Peterrsson is Top 10C in the NHL on an ELC at the start of his career.

What were you saying?

Thats one way to justify your horrible trade ideas.

Seabrook for Boeser straight up

or Podkolzin, Joulevi, Boeser for DeHaan.

Podkolzin is just a prospect so who knows what he turns into.

Joulevi is a bust who has no value.

Wingers are worth less than Dmen so by your logic this trade would be a steal for Vancouver.

Last edited:

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Kane is generally considered to be right with Crosby, Ovi, Geno. He has very similar achievements. And seemingly had a better cup run then Crosby and geno. Also Kane has outscored them in recent years. I personally and probably also a lot of people would take Kane over geno. Kane is easily a first ballot hall of famer don’t see how it’s a hard thing to recognize him at that tier.
Uhhh....because im not new to hockey. Nice take but its a dumb one.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Ugly thread. Too special in Chicago to get any kind of discount in a trade. Too big a hit for most teams to swallow.

I see he has 3 years left. A scenario where Chicago retains but gets a long term good value piece could make sense (a Nylander type) but balancing that out factoring in Kane's intangibles isn't something I feel qualified to try.

For the record Nylander was just a name, If I'm Chicago I probably want a serious D or future top 2 C.

Jamie Winston

Jul 13, 2019
Im not even a pens fan... homer. What happen to crosby? Trying to stealthily drop that claim?
Comparing Kane’s accomplishments to that of the others they aren’t far removed at all. It’s very easy to see Kane in the same tier. Only one of them that I would say has been better is Crosby. This isn’t a new thing “Kane being regarded as in the same tier as them” i would like to see why u think Kane isn’t close to their level if u can respond in more then two sentences that would be appreciated.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Comparing Kane’s accomplishments to that of the others they aren’t far removed at all. It’s very easy to see Kane in the same tier. Only one of them that I would say has been better is Crosby. This isn’t a new thing “Kane being regarded as in the same tier as them” i would like to see why u think Kane isn’t close to their level if u can respond in more then two sentences that would be appreciated.
You shouldn't even utter the words Kane when comparing to Sid... thats simply idiotic. Now malkin is better, but aleast that comparison is in the realm of being slightly possible.......

Jamie Winston

Jul 13, 2019
You shouldn't even utter the words Kane when comparing to Sid... thats simply idiotic. Now malkin is better, but aleast that comparison is in the realm of being slightly possible.......
I believe I mentioned Sid being better in that post. As for Malkin that very much is looking like a even slope. Malkin hasn’t hit 100 points since 2011. Kane paced at 100 points just this last year and had 110 the year before. Kane is showing no signs of slowing down. Very easy to see kane being viewed as the better player by the time they are both retired and even now

the Chad Kilger

Apr 30, 2020
I believe I mentioned Sid being better in that post. As for Malkin that very much is looking like a even slope. Malkin hasn’t hit 100 points since 2011. Kane paced at 100 points just this last year and had 110 the year before. Kane is showing no signs of slowing down. Very easy to see kane being viewed as the better player by the time they are both retired and even now

I don't have a horse in this race but malkin has also 'paced' at 100 points two of the last four years. including a 110 pt pace this past season. last 5 seasons one has two cups. malkin has 2 scoring titles to kanes one and has the higher career pts/gp. Malkin has the better career to date. would've been fun if that Malkin to Chicago trade had happened

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
There really is NO comparison.. malkin is a C....kane a winger ...Malkin will always have more hardware in his trophy case...he is just a tier above..notjmhijg against kane he is a great player but he is not Malkin...

Reactions: Son Goku

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Kane is generally considered to be right with Crosby, Ovi, Geno. He has very similar achievements. And seemingly had a better cup run then Crosby and geno. Also Kane has outscored them in recent years. I personally and probably also a lot of people would take Kane over geno. Kane is easily a first ballot hall of famer don’t see how it’s a hard thing to recognize him at that tier.
Am I missing something? He’s easily a distant 4th to them. Crosby has multiple conn smythes and Malkin has the best cup run since Lemieux, not to mention their Regular season numbers completely outshine his.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Thats one way to justify your horrible trade ideas.

Seabrook for Boeser straight up

or Podkolzin, Joulevi, Boeser for DeHaan.

Podkolzin is just a prospect so who knows what he turns into.

Joulevi is a bust who has no value.

Wingers are worth less than Dmen so by your logic this trade would be a steal for Vancouver.

If you want Pettersson you need to give up a lot.

Chi

EP

Van

Kane w/ retainment
Dach

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Kane to Buffalo for Skinner + 2021 1st + Reinhart.

Caps are close. Skinner is younger and gives Chicago a fun player to watch during rebuild while getting younger resources to build around.

Buffalo has a top 6 including Eichel, Hall, Kane, and Staal.

Interesting deal. If Kane ia retained it might be goos value.

Reinhart getting better every season and is good for 50p/season and maybe more.

Buff hasn't made playoffs in a long time and that 1st is likely to be good if not great.

Meanwhile Skinner had a dud of a year which he has a history of...65p one season and 30p the next.

Maybe Kane at $9m is fair value??

Yes Kane a generational player but hes 32 w/ $10.5 cap hit for 3 seasons. Still producing elite levels but at his age you worry about injuries, age recession, etc.

Buff gets Kane which gives Eichel three years of a special wingman

Chi gets a young established 2W with 1W potential, a 2/3W and a veteran with goal scoring potential, and a likely good draft pick to help the rebuild

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
One of those conversations you never want to have but from a value standpoint it's best for Chicago and its best for Kane as well.

Send him to Washington or something at 50% retention for Eller + a boatload of prospects and picks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad