Valardi
Kupari
1st ( 2021 or 2022 draft LA choice ) or
Tkachuk or
Huberdeau+Weeger or
Eriksson Ek
Greenway
Dumba
i wouldnt even trade kupari straight up for Kane not to mention any of the other pieces

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Yup, I see zero reason for LA to do this trade though. Even if Kane is on that Kings team, that's still a top 10 pick. Basically it's a:

- top 5 pick (Turcotte)
- top 10 pick (2021 1st)
- B prospect
- Cap dump

Hawks aren't finding a better deal than that.

Kane’s doesn’t get that return. Nobody will trade a top 10 pick still on and ELC or hasn’t even started one for an over 30 yr old player on the downside of his career

A more realistic return

Kane with retention to balance the salaries at this point. If it’s next offseason thrn not likrly .

1. A protected 1st
2. A 2nd in 23 that could have conditions on team making cup finals during the time Kane is there making it a 1st.
3. A decent young player/ prospect*
4. A secondary prospect *#
5. A player on a $2M-$4M short contract to balance out the cap.
6. A high contract going back . The quality of this player affects above 2-4.

* the player is not a top 10 pick or a core future piece of team
# this goes away if it’s Done in summer 21 or goes away based on quality of #6.

Had Kane Been on his 2nd contract with 3 yrs left putting him at around 24-25 would return the haul Chicago fans are expecting. Not now at his age gets that.

Reactions: MagnumForce2

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Kane is one of the best winger in the game but won’t get the value Hawks fans think he should .

10.5 million / Length
NTC
All have to be factored in . Even if a team adds a cap dump the player the dump has to be replaced unless it a player like Lucic or Neal . Of course if you are taking such a dump you will get more in return . There are very few teams that could take him and how many of those team would Kane waive for ?

I think he would be magic with McDavid but he would never waive for Edmonton but for the sake of the OP let’s say he would

Neal for cap reason
2 1st 2021 and 2023
Bouchard
Pick another prospect not including Samorukov or Broberg

Honestly I don’t think I would do it as Edmonton isn’t deep enough to be giving away high picks or their best prospects

kooner91

Apr 13, 2014
Kane for Oshie (good player and needs to be included for cap purposes), Vrana, Lapierre, 1st/2nd round pick could be a decent haul.

Won't get much better in a flat cap world.

Washington gets to role with a top 6 of:

Ovi-Kuzy-Wilson
X-Backstrom-Kane

Allows them to go all in for a cup in the Ovi era. A core 5 forward group of Ovi, Kane, Kuzy, Backstrom and Wilson will be the best in the league.

Chicago gets 2 top 6 wingers (one young one with first line potential), a prospect with top 6 potential, and a first round pick.

Not too sure about the cap of each team, but chicago could retain a little bit or washington could send over someone like Jensen to make it work if needed.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Kane’s doesn’t get that return. Nobody will trade a top 10 pick still on and ELC or hasn’t even started one for an over 30 yr old player on the downside of his career

A more realistic return

Kane with retention to balance the salaries at this point. If it’s next offseason thrn not likrly .

1. A protected 1st
2. A 2nd in 23 that could have conditions on team making cup finals during the time Kane is there making it a 1st.

Had Kane Been on his 2nd contract with 3 yrs left putting him at around 24-25 would return the haul Chicago fans are expecting. Not now at his age gets that.

The return hawks fans expect are realistic not what this clown show of a thread has been
If not it’s prerty simple he’s a hawks player for the next 3 years

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Kane would look great in Colorado.

Something like Donskoi, Girard and two 1sts would do it.

Hawks could use a franchise dman like Girard on their blueline especially with aging Keith and Seabrook.

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
Kane for Oshie (good player and needs to be included for cap purposes), Vrana, Lapierre, 1st/2nd round pick could be a decent haul.

Ovi-Kuzy-Wilson
X-Backstrom-Kane

Allows them to go all in for a cup in the Ovi era. A core 5 forward group of Ovi, Kane, Kuzy, Backstrom and Wilson will be the best in the league.

Chicago gets 2 top 6 wingers (one young one with first line potential), a prospect with top 6 potential, and a first round pick.

Not too sure about the cap of each team, but chicago could retain a little bit or washington could send over someone like Jensen to make it work if needed.

With respect, what contending team sends out two top six guys, even for a Patrick Kane level player?

I mean, I get that it's probably at least partly to make the cap work but still

Kane would be a luxury item for Washington, and I'm not convinced he makes a lot of sense for them as it is

Bah. Who am I kidding. Kane probably doesn't move, and I hope he's a Hawk for life. Should be the last guy from the old core to go imo

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
watching this homer talk about Pettersson has me dying... I’m apparently a ghost this Halloween

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I fig a Kane trade would be for a younger worse player+futures
Even as a Leaf fan I would baulk at a Nylander 1 for 1 for Kane. Obv Kane is a way better player but age and contract could cripple us when u factor in Tavares.
That's fine if your interested in staying young and never winning but you do this trade 10 out of 10 times if your goal is to try to win the cup.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
That's fine if your interested in staying young and never winning but you do this trade 10 out of 10 times if your goal is to try to win the cup.
If Chicago was willing to do Kane for Nylander Dubas would find a way to make the cap difference work. That’s a huge win for the Leafs, who are obviously in “win now” mode, while they still have Matthews, and Tavares isn’t too old to be a contributor.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Ya'll are crazy if you think a guy who put up a 110 points two years ago, and could very well have put up another 100 point season last year is going to be traded at a discount.

Kane is among the best wingers in the game. Chicago would be nuts to trade him.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Ya'll are crazy if you think a guy who put up a 110 points two years ago, and could very well have put up another 100 point season last year is going to be traded at a discount.

Kane is among the best wingers in the game. Chicago would be nuts to trade him.
I agree he is one of the best in the league , it is not the player it is more about the contract and his age .I would love to see him in a Bruins uniform , I wish there was some way to get it done . Terrific player.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Very good player and a top 6 winger overall. He will probably chase one more cup and it won't be be in Chicago. Expect his #s to decline ki in forward as expected but should he decide he wants to move his value will be fairly substantial. Anyone in Buffalo listening???

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County

A more realistic return

1. A protected 1st

Just because O'Reilly was give up for a bunch of cap dumps doesnt mean Kane's value is that

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015

Ovi-Kuzy-Wilson
X-Backstrom-Kane

Wsh isn’t going to do that, nor should they. The Cap Catastrophe that would be required to acquire Kane is a Non-Starter. Giving up essentially their entire future is the Ender. Take your Either-Or, for BOTH reasons Wsh is out.

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
That said, I would rather see Kane and Toews retire as Blackhawks...

I agree.

...with one more Cup before that happens.

Isn't this thread about the Toews and Kane potentially being traded because of how unlikely this is to happen? They are a bubble team at best, with Toews and Kane, for the foreseeable future.

I am a Penguins fan that can see the writing on the wall that our Cup window is most likely closed. The Blackhawks though, their window has been slammed shut and boarded up.

Jamie Winston

Jul 13, 2019
Yes it is. EP plays center not wing
Yeah don’t think that’s enough. Kane at EPs age in today’s play of hockey would be an easy 90 point player. As opposed to having 86 points and wining the art Ross back in the time that Kane was around EPs age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad