Value of: Patrick Kane

Nuke

Mar 2, 2007
Sabres offer Jack Quinn, 2021 1st, Casey Middlestat, Montour, and Okposo as a cap dump.

Reactions: Pertti

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
One of those conversations you never want to have but from a value standpoint it's best for Chicago and its best for Kane as well.

Send him to Washington or something at 50% retention for Eller + a boatload of prospects and picks
So Eller, 2021 1st, 2022 1st, Lapierre, and McMichael for Kane @ 50%?

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
So Eller, 2021 1st, 2022 1st, Lapierre, and McMichael for Kane @ 50%?

I am not sure why the Capitals do that. It doesnt make a lot of short term sense and it makes absolutely no long term sense. Nothing against Kane

I'm not going to debate what value is coming in would be but the assumption would be squeezing the last of Backstrom and Ovechkins time for another run at the cup.

I don't see how bringing in Kane at 5.25 doesn't make sense short term

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I'm not going to debate what value is coming in would be but the assumption would be squeezing the last of Backstrom and Ovechkins time for another run at the cup.

I don't see how bringing in Kane at 5.25 doesn't make sense short term

1. Kane doesnt fit the team identity. He doesnt fit the Caps style of game.
2. Kane doesnt fill a need. The Caps 1RW and 2RW scored 26 and 21 goals in the shortened season. The Caps were second in the league in goals for last season and were 3rd over the past 2 combined. If the Caps have a need, isnt it defensively?

Is Kane better than either TJ Oshie or Tom Wilson? Yea. Are either TJ Oshie or Tom Wilson a weak link for the Caps? No.

Last. The Capitals basically use 1 power play unit. PP2 gets little toi. Who are you taking off PP1 to make room for Kane? Does it make sense to trade a couple of quality 1st round drafted players to do that?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
1. Kane doesnt fit the team identity. He doesnt fit the Caps style of game.
2. Kane doesnt fill a need. The Caps 1RW and 2RW scored 26 and 21 goals in the shortened season. The Caps were second in the league in goals for last season and were 3rd over the past 2 combined. If the Caps have a need, isnt it defensively?

Is Kane better than either TJ Oshie or Tom Wilson? Yea. Are either TJ Oshie or Tom Wilson a weak link for the Caps? No.

Last. The Capitals basically use 1 power play unit. PP2 gets little toi. Who are you taking off PP1 to make room for Kane? Does it make sense to trade a couple of quality 1st round drafted players to do that?
Kane would fit on any team. You are talking about a top 5 winger in the game.

He may not fill a need, but he adds a tremendous amount of depth to the Caps.

I'm not saying they would do it, but that's what it would take if Chicago is retaining half.

Reactions: Muffinalt

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Kane would fit on any team. You are talking about a top 5 winger in the game.

He may not fill a need, but he adds a tremendous amount of depth to the Caps.

I'm not saying they would do it, but that's what it would take if Chicago is retaining half.

The Caps would not do it and I listed the reasons why.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
No. Rocket Richard winners the last 5 years. Ovechkin, Crosby, Ovechkin, Ovechkin, Ovechkin.

50G-70pts isnt better than 45goals and 110pts.

Kane nets his team more goals than Ovi does. If Ovi was still having 60goal 110pt seasons maybe but that Ovi has passed a long time ago

Reactions: wahsnairb

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
To LA:
Kane (2m retention)

To Chicago:
Turcotte
Clague
2021 1st
Brown
I feel like its close but LA needs to add a little more. if we are retaining $2 mil on Kane AND taking browns full contract back in return another significant asset needs to be added

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
I didn't say they would.

So....we are arguing that Kane is good. Yes? He is good. I admit

Both of you are arguing about a dumb little post a 3rd party fan made. I was just speculating on teams that have elite aging talent (Ovechkin & Backstrom) or Pittsburgh with Crosby/Malkin making a run at Kane to give them a big chance at another cup run while they still have all their guys

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Then nobody is getting EP lmfao

Pettersson is better than Kane was at the same age. And, again, the offer I made was a reply to an original post saying:

Kane @ 50% for EP

LMFAO

Kane at 21 was above PPG 88pts and had an adjusted pt total of 94

Petterson at 21 had under 70pts and had an adjusted pt total of 79.

So no Pettersson isnt and never was better than Kane so far.

Playoff Kane at 21 was better than Pettersson as well being well above PPG to Pettersson who wasnt. Try again clown

at 21 one was clutch the entire playoffs and scored a cup winning goal while the other put up a big fat 0 in production for 4 out of 7 games in a pathetic performance against Vegas.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
The Hawks would be crazy not to take this.

Yup, I see zero reason for LA to do this trade though. Even if Kane is on that Kings team, that's still a top 10 pick. Basically it's a:

- top 5 pick (Turcotte)
- top 10 pick (2021 1st)
- B prospect
- Cap dump

Hawks aren't finding a better deal than that.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Yup, I see zero reason for LA to do this trade though.
I don't either. LA should either take on another short-term cap dump or two for picks and/or sign a couple of free agents like Vatanen or Granlund at depressed salaries and wait for prospects to start hitting. The could be back in the playoffs as early as this season.

Jamie Winston

Jul 13, 2019
Then nobody is getting EP lmfao

Pettersson is better than Kane was at the same age. And, again, the offer I made was a reply to an original post saying:

Kane @ 50% for EP

LMFAO
Different time. Pretty sure you could be the leading scorer with 90 points back then. Scoring 75 points and comparing to Kane’s 75 points back then isn’t a just comparison.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
That's closer than Kane and Dach for EP.
ElXTTgQXIAImL0i

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad