Speculation: Patrick Kane and Seth Jones future with Hawks

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
If you plopped Seth Jones right at #15 and bumped everyone from 15-20 down a spot, that would be correct for me.

Also, Seider and Hughes are way too damn high for me. That is supposed to be a "right now" list and neither are there yet. 3 years from now, sure. Hughes has a lot of cleaning up to do in his own end.
Jones isn't as good as Dahlin.

Hughes and Seider are more or less where they should be.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Miller resigning helps Kane's value. One major rental off the board.

At this point Kane is the only star player available at the TDL unless St.Louis (Tarasenko) or Boston (Pastrnak) are out of playoff contention - then who knows if try to get something for those players before they get to UFA.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
Back on topic - Kane finishes the year in Chicago.
blasphemy.jpg

Reactions: Pez68 and Mrfenn92

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Trade offer by a Canuck Fan
Nothing against the person, but I want Seth Jones gone. I'd like to be able to completely move on from the Bowman era. Enough reminders of his f***ery.

As I said before, Seth Jones has zero place on a tanking team. Zero. He is too good and makes too much money. He needs to go as well as Murphy and any other veteran that can get a return. I think our GM is a complete idiot but there's zero reason to keep Seth Jones on this roster with how crappy this team is going to be for years to come.

scorch earth. all three should go if they can.

We’re stuck with Seth Jones for eternity

Who wants a 9.5 mil cap hit for 8 years? Hawks would probably have to trade prospects or picks or retain a bunch

The point is Jones can handle the most minutes in the league. (his team sucks but that's not his fault) He has a ton of value. He makes 9.5 because ALL superstars do. If he said that he wanted out teams would line up to trade for him.

Taking salary back is a given. You would have to make the money work. The team doesn't have cap issues at the moment so that's not a problem.

Trading Jones with picks/prospects just to move him (like you said) would be a worse move then what we gave to acquire him. You act like he has negative value because of his cap hit.

I JUST HAD AN IDEA

What if we traded Seth Jones for JvR + Ristolainen?

Will Miller ever get even close to 100 points again?

The safe bet would be no but Miller's season wasn't because of a career outlier shooting percentage. Doubtful he gets 38 PPP in a season again. I've got him in a fantasy league and I will sell high if I can get someone to overpay.

Seth Jones 76 million

for

JT Miller (61.5 million) + Tucker Poolman (7.5 million) + Ferland (LTIR 3.5 Million)

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
JT Miller makes less sense than Seth Jones for Chicago.
I actually don't think so

first off, I think it is a basis of a trade to be worked on..............

Secondly, Miller can be moved anywhere, and it's team controlled this year.

also, Miller's total cost is 61.5...................Joes is 76 million

I think it is easier to move Miller............so depending on Chicago's needs, he actually brings in assets

IMO, and I could be wrong, I think moving Jones costs assets to move

• Haha
Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I actually don't think so

first off, I think it is a basis of a trade to be worked on..............

Secondly, Miller can be moved anywhere, and it's team controlled this year.

also, Miller's total cost is 61.5...................Joes is 76 million

I think it is easier to move Miller............so depending on Chicago's needs, he actually brings in assets

IMO, and I could be wrong, I think moving Jones costs assets to move
If that's true why would you want the Canucks to trade for him?

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
An analyst on Hockey Central (Sportsnet) just predicted that Kane ends up in LA. First time I heard that theory but it makes some sense.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
An analyst on Hockey Central (Sportsnet) just predicted that Kane ends up in LA. First time I heard that theory but it makes some sense.
I thought that was the second option after New York that was always mentioned this past summer. It's easy to mention them since they have a lot of good younger players. Hopefully, Kaliyev would be in that deal.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I thought that was the second option after New York that was always mentioned this past summer. It's easy to mention them since they have a lot of good younger players. Hopefully, Kaliyev would be in that deal.
Kaliyev is the exact opposite of what Davidson wants on the team. He wants great skating athletic freaks, and Kaliyev skates like he‘s molasses in winter.

A lot of their prospects honestly have fallen in terms of how regarded they are. Turcotte is hurt, Madden, Kupari and Bjornfot have all disappointed. I doubt they’d consider Vilardi after his start.

Maybe Jordan Spence or Sam Helenius, those are two guys I’d be interested in.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Meh start for Kane first 5 games
...better pick it up or no team willgive us mich for homatTDL ....If he decides to ask forcaxtrade.

Seth Jones staying put with that $9.5 overpaid cobtract for 8 years.

Who the $9.5?

Player A * 2g 1a 3points +8 in 5GP

The Great Seth Jones = 0g 3a ZERO +/- 5GP

*Player A is JAN RUTTA (are you shocked)?
Heisxwitb Pittsburgh now

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes