Speculation: Patrick Kane and Seth Jones future with Hawks

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You bolded the part that said I hear your argument and then proceeded to use a paragraph explaining why he's a slow starter.

No, for one, "fair enough" is used to admit that something is reasonable or acceptable, not just "I hear your argument." It was basically me saying "you've pretty much proven me wrong." I just pointed out that he has as many slower starts with lower points as fast starts with higher point totals. Even if you want to include the 15 in the higher side, you're talking about an 8-7 grouping of faster starts than slower starts. Not exactly wrong to call him either slow or fast starting then. Fair to say that he's always going to get his, until he proves us otherwise, and his production is the least of the concerns on this team in this moment.

fair enough

phrase of fair

1. INFORMAL
    used to admit that something is reasonable or acceptable.
    "“I can't come because I'm working late.” “Fair enough.”"

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
No, for one, "fair enough" is used to admit that something is reasonable or acceptable, not just "I hear your argument." I just pointed out that he has as many slower starts with lower points as fast starts with higher point totals. Even if you want to include the 15 in the higher side, you're talking about an 8-7 grouping of faster starts than slower starts. Not exactly wrong to call him either slow or fast starting then. Fair to say that he's always going to get his, until he proves us otherwise, and he's the least concern on this team in this moment.

fair enough

phrase of fair

1. INFORMAL
    used to admit that something is reasonable or acceptable.
    "“I can't come because I'm working late.” “Fair enough.”"
Do you still maintain that you believe Patrick Kane is a notoriously slow starter?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Do you still maintain that you believe Patrick Kane is a notoriously slow starter?

He has started slow in the past. Just as he has started fast. Almost equal amounts of the time, actually.

That he's a notoriously slow starter? No. I will maintain that he HAS started slow in the past quite a bit, though. And when I say slow, I mean slow for him. Not for the average joe(an important distinction).

Just based that off memory, and people commenting on here in the past, though. Never bothered to look up the stats to back it up or disprove it.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Lol. A discussion on a discussion board. Unless that's not what we're supposed to do here anymore?
Interesting discussions. Fair enough and I hear you are God damn synonymous. I won't copy paste the definition I can look up on the internet at you.

This is just words for the sake of words. Feel like I'm running for office.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Interesting discussions. Fair enough and I hear you are God damn synonymous. I won't copy paste the definition I can look up on the internet at you.

This is just words for the sake of words. Feel like I'm running for office.

To me, the way you used it, which is obviously hard to discern via text on a messageboard, seemed as if me saying "fair enough" was dismissive of his post, when that wasn't the case. I started to have a discussion after the fact, bringing up the numbers and such, because I thought it was interesting that I had that memory of him being a slow starter, but the data said otherwise. Then I thought it was interesting that he seemed to start slower almost an equal amount of times as he started on fire. I'll just move on. :thumbu:

Last edited:

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
Kane looked like dog shit the majority of season last year, but still put up points. I'm honestly shocked some here don't remember and are surprised by his play this season thus far.

I recall questioning whether he still had it. Then he decided to start caring the last few months of the season. IIRC, I think it was right around when King put Strome back in the middle of him and Debrincat. And no, I am not crediting Strome.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
He has started slow in the past. Just as he has started fast. Almost equal amounts of the time, actually.

That he's a notoriously slow starter? No. I will maintain that he HAS started slow in the past quite a bit, though. And when I say slow, I mean slow for him. Not for the average joe(an important distinction).

Just based that off memory, and people commenting on here in the past, though. Never bothered to look up the stats to back it up or disprove it.
You were wrong. Its fine to just admit it and move on.

Using anything below a 100 point pace as a barometer for a slow start is just you trying to grasp at not being wrong.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You were wrong. Its fine to just admit it and move on.

Using anything below a 100 point pace as a barometer for a slow start is just you trying to grasp at not being wrong.

Yeah. I said I was wrong. I said "No, I don't maintain that he's a notoriously slow starter." Don't think that sentence is very difficult to read. And I even said in the next post that I would move on. Was that one hard to read too?

What I did start discussing was that he does have as many starts at a slower pace as he does a faster pace.(Again, FOR HIM). And it was simply for the sake of discussing something I found interesting.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Kane looked like dog shit the majority of season last year, but still put up points. I'm honestly shocked some here don't remember and are surprised by his play this season thus far.

I recall questioning whether he still had it. Then he decided to start caring the last few months of the season. IIRC, I think it was right around when King put Strome back in the middle of him and Debrincat. And no, I am not crediting Strome.
He was openly known hurt though. With some hip or something he's hinted at that he's opted to not get surgery on. But then he seemed improving later on.

This year 5on5 he's also playing with 2 other guys who seem equally like him to want the puck on their sticks

Reactions: Muffinalt

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Toews is 100% the slow starter out of the two. I think I can only recall one season where Toews started decently fast by his standards and it still wasn't even that great.

Kane on the other hand is far from it.

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
He was openly known hurt though. With some hip or something he's hinted at that he's opted to not get surgery on. But then he seemed improving later on.

This year 5on5 he's also playing with 2 other guys who seem equally like him to want the puck on their sticks
It's possible, but I find it hard to believe that a long-term, nagging injury suddenly gets better 3/4 the way through an 82 game season at age 33. I saw two very different players last year and I personally don't think his injury had much to do with it.

I just think that's a bigger factor than finding his perfect linemates.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Yeah. I said I was wrong. I said "No, I don't maintain that he's a notoriously slow starter." Don't think that sentence is very difficult to read. And I even said in the next post that I would move on. Was that one hard to read too?

What I did start discussing was that he does have as many starts at a slower pace as he does a faster pace.(Again, FOR HIM). And it was simply for the sake of discussing something I found interesting.
ok you were wrong.

the goalpost argument you are using 15 points but thats the median number in a set of numbers that is above his career average. Theres no reason to use the median.

His average ppg throughout his career is 1.0653ppg. So in 12 games he should average 12.784ppg. Hes above that pace in his first dozen games of every season on average.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Who Kane?

First dozen games of each season

2021 - 17 points
2020- 15 points
2019- 10 points
2018- 18 points
2017- 12 points
2016- 15 points
2015- 16 points
2014- 8 points
2013- 11 points
2012-18 points
2011- 12 points
2010- 11 points
2009- 10 points
2008- 15 points
2007- 16 points

1.13ppg first 12
1.06ppg career

Toews on the other hand is for sure a slow starter.
I literally said to myself, before reading the whole post, “Toews is traditionally the slow starter”

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
You obviously subscribe to the Stan Bowman trade philosophy. Trade for other teams failing prospects because you're certain you can somehow turn them around.
Yeah, that is fair. I do think upside is there. Not sure of a much better prospect or young player you’ll get along with a first for Kaner.

I also am frequently incorrect and also a slow starter.

Last edited:

spunk buster

Apr 29, 2022
Sorry, late here but is Seth Jones even movable? I could see a team like Detroit being all over him with how Stevie Y sees the game, but like could Florida be a possibility? They're pretty exposed on the back end now with Ekblad going down and Weegar being force removed, possibly something cap retained?

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Sorry, late here but is Seth Jones even movable? I could see a team like Detroit being all over him with how Stevie Y sees the game, but like could Florida be a possibility? They're pretty exposed on the back end now with Ekblad going down and Weegar being force removed, possibly something cap retained?
Cap for Florida would a tough fit. Bob at $10 Barkov at $10 tkachuk at $9.5.

Detroit I don’t think so. While not in trouble cap wise at all, Larkin needs a new deal and seider is gonna be a big contract.

Naster Okan

Jan 8, 2019
Honestly, I think you just got Toews and Kane mixed up. Toews is the notoriously slow starter.
I was thinking the same thing but get too entranced in how dedicated and even fierce our communities’ arguments can dig out even by the most marginal aspect. I am the ultimate evil, This is my albatross.

I get too stoned before logging on these forums.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad