Player Discussion Patrice Bergeron II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Thanks Ali. Was going to come back and update with the tweet.

I wonder if there are any other NHL awards currently where a guy has been a finalist six years in a row?

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
He was FLEECED last season. I know it doesn't really matter... but it does to me.

I couldn't believe it when he didn't win. I still kinda don't.

Voter stupidity. :madfire:

It's too boooooooorrrrring to always give it to the same guy. Let's make it a participation trophy instead. Why should you have to be the best to win?

I may still be bitter about last year myself. Huh. :laugh:

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
PB should not get a pass for his inability to produce on the offensive end. Cant be paid big bucks to win faceoffs (not great btw vs sens) and pk

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I don't think I've seen a win at the dot in the series. Crazy considering his dominance during the season.

barstool

Nov 22, 2014
Forget which game but Bergeron was cross checked from behind, near the benches. probably has sore ribs making it hard to win faceoffs

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
Don't discount the fact that Sens are cheating on the faceoff. They're positioning themselves as soon as the puck is dropped so that they get in the way of Bergeron's stick. It's almost like a deliberate jamming of the dot with a skate, leg, etc.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
899 regular season games + 100 playoff games means that Sunday's game will be #1,000 in a Bruins jersey for #37. I know they don't count playoffs in career games, but if it wasn't for concussions and lockouts he'd already be there.

I hope he has a monster game.

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
Bergy the warrior. So essentially, he will be an even better version of his current self next season once he's all healed up. Nice.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Wonder if that's what hampered him the first quarter season. Did it happen at the WC?

Yes.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...roin-injury/JXgX6uBXFIBODiS2vUZUUN/story.html

His two-way game as reliable as ever in 2016-’17, Bruins alternate captain Patrice Bergeron revealed Tuesday that he was hindered all season with a groin injury and might have to undergo surgery to repair it this offseason.

“With the schedule, it was definitely something that was nagging,†explained the 31-year-old Bergeron, who remained one of the league’s top faceoff men again this past season. “It was there for most of the year, but having the breaks in the second half [schedule] definitely helped a lot to make it feel a little better.â€

“It’s something we have to talk about,†said Bergeron, talking about the potential for surgery as he and his teammates met with the media for the final time this season at Warrior Ice Arena in Brighton. “Do the pros and cons, I guess. You definitely don’t want to go through that again next year, so . . . it might be the option.â€

Bergeron said he was uncertain when the injury, which he referred to as a “sports hernia,†occurred, noting that it could have happened during his offseason training last summer. He felt the tug during his play for Team Canada during World Cup in September, then felt it more as the NHL season progressed.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Should be going for the Selke record next week. Will be pretty disappointing if he gets robbed again. That being said, I think Koivu this year has a better case than Kopitar did last year.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Should be going for the Selke record next week. Will be pretty disappointing if he gets robbed again. That being said, I think Koivu this year has a better case than Kopitar did last year.

He should already be going for 6. He got absolutely ROBBED in 2013. Toews had absolutely no business winning that year... I think 3-4 writers left him out of their top-5, he only lost by 10 points. Absolute joke.

He deserved to win it last year, too, but it was at least close between him and Kopitar.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
He should already be going for 6. He got absolutely ROBBED in 2013. Toews had absolutely no business winning that year... I think 3-4 writers left him out of their top-5, he only lost by 10 points. Absolute joke.

He deserved to win it last year, too, but it was at least close between him and Kopitar.

This. I console myself with the fact that 2013 was only a half season anyway, so therefore Toews' Selke has an asterisk next to it, in my mind. Congrats on being good (although still not best) for half a year. :laugh:

Meanwhile Bergeron plays a whole year with a hernia and is a finalist for the sixth year in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad