Player Discussion Patrice Bergeron II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Am I crazy to worry that moving away from Julien's system will lessen the impact Bergeron has on the game?

I think you are. Any coach would KILL to have him... Any coach would KILL to have a player who does half of what he does on defense alone. Any sane coach will capitalize on what he does.

I'm never worried about Bergy. If he's not producing, it's because of something out of his control. And he always comes back with a vengeance.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Just looking for general opinion from Bruins fans, do you think Patrice Bergeron has a chance to get into the Hall of Fame?

One Stanley Cup, 3 Selke, two Gold Medals. Could very well end his career with +900 points barring injuries. I think he should get in.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Just looking for general opinion from Bruins fans, do you think Patrice Bergeron has a chance to get into the Hall of Fame?

One Stanley Cup, 3 Selke, two Gold Medals. Could very well end his career with +900 points barring injuries. I think he should get in.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him get in, but it also wouldn't surprise me to see him miss.

The problem with players like Bergeron is that while their actual stats might be good, not great, their contributions to the team aren't able to be measured by a stat.

I do feel like hockey more so than the other sports understands this however.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010

He will get in at some point.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
I think using Gainey as a benchmark, Bergeron should get in.

Agree 100%...

Don't know who voted in the recent top 100 but Gainey was on there. I think. Edgy is better due to the offensive game. I'm old enough to have watched Gainey a bit..:laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
13 points last 9 games

No longer seen in walking boot

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

:handclap:

So glad he's back to being the real Bergeron. He had five takeaways tonight to go along with his two points. I realize it was just Arizona, but I'll take it.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
No doubt hall of famer. Not even a debate. Bergeron is one of the leagues best. He does every thing right.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Arguably the best player in that epic 2003 draft

He's as classy as Beliveau or Ratelle

Getting better incredibly

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
On pace to finish with 55 points, but that doesn't tell the whole story.

As we all know, PB37 started off slow because of a lower leg injury that severely hampered his skating and was spending his off days walking around in a foot cast.

In his first 34 games, he had 10 points.

In his last 32 games, he has 34 points.

What an incredible turnaround and it makes you wonder " what if " he had been healthy to start the season. With his current play, he has a good shot to finish with 60 points, which is a typical Bergeron season.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
On pace to finish with 55 points, but that doesn't tell the whole story.

As we all know, PB37 started off slow because of a lower leg injury that severely hampered his skating and was spending his off days walking around in a foot cast.

In his first 34 games, he had 10 points.

In his last 32 games, he has 34 points.

What an incredible turnaround and it makes you wonder " what if " he had been healthy to start the season. With his current play, he has a good shot to finish with 60 points, which is a typical Bergeron season.

If he hadn't been injured, I think this could have been his best offensive season yet. Between his production at the World Cup and what he has been doing the last couple months, I don't think saying that is a stretch at all.

I think if he plays every game the rest of the year, he will be at career game 899. If it weren't for lockouts and concussions he could easily be at 1,000 by now. And he's only 31!

And yes, I think he should win the Selke this year. What should be #6 if the voters had brains.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Great read with data looking at 5 candidates worthy of Selke consideration this season from SN.
One quote on PB below. Link for full article is also included.

"That centre is Bergeron, who ranks third in the NHL among forwards in loose puck recoveries and first in successful defensive plays. It’s kind of absurd how often Bergeron is gaining possession when you consider how often he already has the puck. No one in the NHL who has played 750 minutes or more this season as a better shot attempt differential than Bergeron’s 61.1 per cent."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/five-major-contenders-selke-trophy-season/

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Gimme that Selke. He should have won it last year as well, absolutely jobbed cos Kopitar had a good year. I think he wins it this time.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Gimme that Selke. He should have won it last year as well, absolutely jobbed cos Kopitar had a good year. I think he wins it this time.

I was ok with Kopitar winning... I was way less ok with Toews winning in 2013. Bergy lost by 10 votes I think because 2 people didn't even have him in their top-5...

Crazy that in another world he could be winning his 6th IN A ROW this year.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

It will be a shame if he doesn't win it this year. But I don't trust the voters.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Bergeron is the King of advanced stats. Sometimes I wonder if they started tracking them just as a way to explain just how dominate he is in all faucets of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad