Player Discussion Patrice Bergeron II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Thanks man! I could watch that all day.
Considering threads on the main board for a goal or something - that should have it's own.
A couple years ago there was a clip of several Bruins each with a puck in a circle. They had to keep their puck while knocking everyone else's out of the circle. Bergeron won and it looked an awful lot like that. Wish I could find the clip again.

Reactions: b in vancouver

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
It's been a bizarre year for him for on-ice goals against stats, reminds me a lot of 2014/15. The team D in general is good, but there's a high percentage of shots going in when he's on the ice.

.905 save % when he's on the ice, 13th worst among forwards that have played 400 5-on-5 minutes in terms of relative sv % vs. other teammates. Next worst forward is Pasta at .915, and next worse non-linemate is Donato at .916, then Krejci at .926.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Quite a bounce back last night.

Not that he was bad before the break. He just seemed off.

And I think his comments about getting into the ASG can be chalked up as he was banged up/tired.

He looked great last night. Another Selke worthy performance!

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
It's been a bizarre year for him for on-ice goals against stats, reminds me a lot of 2014/15. The team D in general is good, but there's a high percentage of shots going in when he's on the ice.

.905 save % when he's on the ice, 13th worst among forwards that have played 400 5-on-5 minutes in terms of relative sv % vs. other teammates. Next worst forward is Pasta at .915, and next worse non-linemate is Donato at .916, then Krejci at .926.

I think that is what happens when they are the only line that can reliably score- they are going for it all the time, taking chances, trying to make plays.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
he's ok for a second round pick.:sarcasm::sarcasm:

A reminder to all those who continue to play armchair quarterback about the 2015 draft.

Reactions: Dr Hook

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
What reminder is that?
that the nhl draft can be a crap shoot. that every scout and GM was wrong about Bergeron. that sometimes we spend more time complaining about our misses then our wins such as bergy, Marchand, krejci, pasta etc that were steals for their draft position

Reactions: Chief Nine

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
that the nhl draft can be a crap shoot. that every scout and GM was wrong about Bergeron. that sometimes we spend more time complaining about our misses then our wins such as bergy, Marchand, krejci, pasta etc that were steals for their draft position

True, but it doesn't excuse the obvious misses that the Bruins have made in recent drafts.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I'm going to cry like a baby tomorrow when they honor him.

My dad took me to a game for my 21st birthday and Bergy had a great game. After the game, they told him he wasn't going back to juniors.

I wish my dad was here to see him celebrate 1,000 games but I know he'll be watching.

Bergy is my connection to my dad.

I am glad he's a Bruin and will be for life.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Through 999 games, Patrice Bergeron and Bruins have been a grand pairing - The Boston Globe

There was never a backup plan, the prudent something else, the alternative career path in case the hockey thing didn’t play out exactly the way most every Canadian schoolboy dreams.
Patrice Bergeron was all of 10 years old when the mere suggestion of putting anything ahead of the game he loved struck a discordant note.

“I remember my piano teacher was telling me I should do less practices in hockey,” Bergeron recalled last week after one more practice recital in his life’s unending concerto on ice. “She was asking, you know, could I balance hockey and piano lessons?”

Nearly a quarter-century later, a look of utter disbelief creased the chiseled face of the four-time Selke Trophy winner (best defensive forward in the NHL). Less hockey, more piano?

With Bergeron, 33, about to play in his 1,000th NHL game, every one of them with that Boston spoked “B” on his chest, there can be no arguing that he was on the puck, read the play, and read it early. No surprise, not for a guy whose career trademark has been positioning, spatial awareness, deciphering in the moment exactly where he fits on the ice, absorbing the cacophony of all the other parts whirring around him. Being in the right place. Virtually every time.

When he steps on the ice to face the Islanders Tuesday night at the Garden, Bergeron will become only the fourth player to play career games Nos. 1 through 1,000 with Boston, preceded by Wayne Cashman, Ray Bourque, and Don Sweeney. In all likelihood, he’ll join Cashman, a central character here in the Stanley Cup wins of ’70 and ’72, as the only ones never to play for another NHL franchise.

“To me, the biggest thing, the most special thing about it, is probably the fact that all those games are with the Bruins organization,” said Bergeron. “It just shows loyalty from my side, but also from the Bruins side, for me to be here for such a long period of time.”

The official celebration will be Sunday, with Brown and the Kings at the Garden. Bergeron’s mother, father, and brother (and family) will make the trip from Quebec City, along with his maternal grandparents. It will be grandma’s first trip to Boston, a trip important enough for her to get her first passport. Bergeron’s wife and three children (ages 2 months, 18 months, 3 years) will fill out the luxury box for the man of 1,000 games.

“Glad it’s a matinee,” said Bergeron, who lived with teammate Marty Lapointe’s family when he moved to town more than 15 years ago. “It’s a lot easier on the kids.”

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Through 999 games, Patrice Bergeron and Bruins have been a grand pairing - The Boston Globe

There was never a backup plan, the prudent something else, the alternative career path in case the hockey thing didn’t play out exactly the way most every Canadian schoolboy dreams.
Patrice Bergeron was all of 10 years old when the mere suggestion of putting anything ahead of the game he loved struck a discordant note.

“I remember my piano teacher was telling me I should do less practices in hockey,” Bergeron recalled last week after one more practice recital in his life’s unending concerto on ice. “She was asking, you know, could I balance hockey and piano lessons?”

Nearly a quarter-century later, a look of utter disbelief creased the chiseled face of the four-time Selke Trophy winner (best defensive forward in the NHL). Less hockey, more piano?

With Bergeron, 33, about to play in his 1,000th NHL game, every one of them with that Boston spoked “B” on his chest, there can be no arguing that he was on the puck, read the play, and read it early. No surprise, not for a guy whose career trademark has been positioning, spatial awareness, deciphering in the moment exactly where he fits on the ice, absorbing the cacophony of all the other parts whirring around him. Being in the right place. Virtually every time.

When he steps on the ice to face the Islanders Tuesday night at the Garden, Bergeron will become only the fourth player to play career games Nos. 1 through 1,000 with Boston, preceded by Wayne Cashman, Ray Bourque, and Don Sweeney. In all likelihood, he’ll join Cashman, a central character here in the Stanley Cup wins of ’70 and ’72, as the only ones never to play for another NHL franchise.

“To me, the biggest thing, the most special thing about it, is probably the fact that all those games are with the Bruins organization,” said Bergeron. “It just shows loyalty from my side, but also from the Bruins side, for me to be here for such a long period of time.”

The official celebration will be Sunday, with Brown and the Kings at the Garden. Bergeron’s mother, father, and brother (and family) will make the trip from Quebec City, along with his maternal grandparents. It will be grandma’s first trip to Boston, a trip important enough for her to get her first passport. Bergeron’s wife and three children (ages 2 months, 18 months, 3 years) will fill out the luxury box for the man of 1,000 games.

“Glad it’s a matinee,” said Bergeron, who lived with teammate Marty Lapointe’s family when he moved to town more than 15 years ago. “It’s a lot easier on the kids.”

It’s actually kind of a shame how underappreciated Wayne Cashman is around here and even league wide. He’s barely mentioned when the Big Bad Bruins are brought up and in my opinion even overshadowed by guys like Ken Hodge (nothing against the original #8, but Cashman did it all)

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

They play the Kings on Saturday, not Sunday...

Actually I'm kind of glad they are doing the ceremony on the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad