Player Discussion Patrice Bergeron II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
agreed

I know we are a ways from it yet but wonder what his aspirations will be post career? He`s an intelligent person who, I think, if he wanted to might be one of those solid candidates to learn the role of a GM if that`s what he aspires to or other admin jobs
I could see his career mirroring Yzermans when playing days are over.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Bruins are always hindered in the spring because Bergeron is so banged up with a half empty tank. When they are finally eliminated its like ok....can we have the Bergevin injury report please.

Last edited:

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Bruins are always hindered in the spring because Bergevin is so banged up with a half empty tank. When they are finally eliminated its like ok....can we have the Bergevin injury report please.

What does the GM of the Montreal Canadiens (being injured???) have to do with the Boston Bruins???

upload_2018-9-23_9-37-39.png

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Just saying its a drag that Bergeron is always so banged up by the end of the season. With a healthy Bergeron I think the Bruins beat the Caps in 012 play off series, the Hawks in 013, and the Lightening last year. Yet he is a warrior and better injured than most players are healthy.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
What does the GM of the Montreal Canadiens (being injured???) have to do with the Boston Bruins???

View attachment 141599
Because, as a fellow native of Quebec, Bergeron is overwhelmed with sympathy for his countryman. This heightened anxiety causes Patrices’ game to suffer. If only Bergevin could stay healthy we would have about 3 more cups by now.

Reactions: Chief Nine

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Just saying its a drag that Bergeron is always so banged up by the end of the season. With a healthy Bergeron I think the Bruins beat the Caps in 012 play off series, the Hawks in 013, and the Lightening last year. Yet he is a warrior and better injured than most players are healthy.
Ah, gotcha. Your typos caused Bergeron to say Bergevin. Was confused what he had to do with anything.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I just wanted to bump this thread to mention that Bergeron is awesome.

good job I was a bit disgusted seeing how we took marchand and Bergeron for granted with no love. we got the best 1-2 punch in hockey and we cant find a reason to post support for these guys for 2 weeks or in marchands case since july?

no wonder these guys get overlooked in hart trophy voting. if their own fans cant take time to shout out props then it cant be blamed on the rest of the league when they have no freaking idea how good our boys are

Reactions: hrdpuk

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
good job I was a bit disgusted seeing how we took marchand and Bergeron for granted with no love. we got the best 1-2 punch in hockey and we cant find a reason to post support for these guys for 2 weeks or in marchands case since july?

no wonder these guys get overlooked in hart trophy voting. if their own fans cant take time to shout out props then it cant be blamed on the rest of the league when they have no freaking idea how good our boys are
It's gotten to the point where there's not much else you can say about players like Bergeron and Marchand.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
It's gotten to the point where there's not much else you can say about players like Bergeron and Marchand.

and yet living here in the Edmonton area I still have to hear about how good gretzky and messier are 30 years after their retirement lol

if mcjesus goes onto the ice and accidently has toilet paper stuck to his leg... its like the greatest toilet paper stuck to a guys leg after his bathroom break ever... look how fast he is skating with that toilet paper they scream. if he had managed to score any points with that toilet paper on his leg it would have been because the opposition was terrified by his speed and what it possibly could have meant

in fact if McDavid were to only score 21 more goals this season he could end up with 50. and if he was a much better defensive player and helped his linemates look like real nhl players the oilers might actually get in contention for the playoffs as long as Christmas time.

that's how good McDavid is... just think if he actually was helping the oilers win enough games to be 500... just think about that

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
oops I forget to mention according to the discussion for the oilers media and their fans... if McDavid were to score an extra 71 goals this year he could become the first guy to score 100 goals

its definitely a hot topic and worth talking about. but us bruin fans cant find anything to mention about Bergeron and marchand in their threads when both guys are cruising along with 6+ points in their first 3 games

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Bs fans don't take Bergy and Marchy for granted. They just don't invade the main board like a hoard of locusts every time their star players do something remotely good, a la Toronto fans. Plenty of love is given to Bergy and Marchy in the GDTs.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Bs fans don't take Bergy and Marchy for granted. They just don't invade the main board like a hoard of locusts every time their star players do something remotely good, a la Toronto fans. Plenty of love is given to Bergy and Marchy in the GDTs.

That’s called an inferiority complex with fans like that :D

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
That’s called an inferiority complex with fans like that :D
I believe you are correct. Some folks need to act like "they've been there before," but then I realize they haven't been there before.....at least since 1967. I guess half a century of not doing jack squat has a way of bringing out the compensation game in people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad