Player Discussion Patrice Bergeron II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espresso Martini

Apr 12, 2016
I can understand the missed games argument. He's far and away the best defensive player in the league when playing, but if you're not playing you're not playing. Couturier got robbed this year as well.

His 2 losses to Toews and Kopitar before this were brutal though.

I will give you the missed games, but there is no way Kopitar should have received double the first place votes as Bergeron.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Bergy pics? You must find another way to post. It's the law. :laugh:
Small compilation of gifs (9 goals) of something I like to call the Bergy Shuffle. It seems like it's impossible to post though. Even if I try to link it as a website it automatically corrects it to "media" and it's an invalid link.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Small compilation of gifs (9 goals) of something I like to call the Bergy Shuffle. It seems like it's impossible to post though. Even if I try to link it as a website it automatically corrects it to "media" and it's an invalid link.

Now I have a disturbing image in my head of Bergy doing the Ickey Shuffle :laugh::help::popcorn:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
In the grand scheme of sports kinda makes u mad how little hockey players make in comparison to Baseball or Basketball. But hockey is the least liked sport in the US compared to the other "majors"
Yeah, it's insane.

I would gladly take a meager hockey player's salary though :laugh:

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
In the grand scheme of sports kinda makes u mad how little hockey players make in comparison to Baseball or Basketball. But hockey is the least liked sport in the US compared to the other "majors"
And hockey stadiums are half the size of the smallest baseball stadiums,and they play half the games.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
And hockey stadiums are half the size of the smallest baseball stadiums,and they play half the games.

Not even half. Never mind Yankee or Dodger stadium that seat 50,000+, Fenway is one of the smallest parks and they seat 37,755 for a day game, whereas TD Garden seats 17,565 for hockey.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Video from Bergeron's tournament. Largely in French, except for Malcolm Subban telling a kid reporter "sorry, I don't know how to answer in French" :laugh:

Other stuff:
It's weird to see players in Bruins and Sharks jerseys who have never played for those teams. Shark-Andre Fleury o_O and Gudas a Bruin.... Yes, THAT Gudas :eek:. At least Subban got to be a Bruin again...

Bergy had his son there. He looks good in a Bruins jersey already :D

Bergeron and Marchand both got on the ice with a mite team and were celebrating goals. Marchand fit right in, size wise ;)

There were some good shootout goals. I particularly liked Marchand falling down and still getting the goal

They had quite an impressive turnout. The crowd was very loud.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

Video from Bergeron's tournament. Largely in French, except for Malcolm Subban telling a kid reporter "sorry, I don't know how to answer in French" :laugh:

Other stuff:
It's weird to see players in Bruins and Sharks jerseys who have never played for those teams. Shark-Andre Fleury o_O and Gudas a Bruin.... Yes, THAT Gudas :eek:. At least Subban got to be a Bruin again...

Bergy had his son there. He looks good in a Bruins jersey already :D

Bergeron and Marchand both got on the ice with a mite team and were celebrating goals. Marchand fit right in, size wise ;)

There were some good shootout goals. I particularly liked Marchand falling down and still getting the goal

They had quite an impressive turnout. The crowd was very loud.

That was great! Thanks for posting @Bruinaura!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->