Sportsnet: Patches to NYI, ROR to MTL almost happened @ Draft

normaliswear

Oct 22, 2006
you clearly don't watch Hockey to say that Mete and Scherbak will become nothing
And you clearly can't read. Not what I said kiddo.... I said Mete and Scherbak would be the basis of a legit trade. I said picks alone, as being pushed by some, would not.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
And you clearly can't read. Not what I said kiddo.... I said Mete and Scherbak would be the basis of a legit trade. I said picks alone, as being pushed by some, would not.
By some, you mean insiders that were on the draft floor compare to you?

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
If that were going to happen, it would have. For a few minutes there the best thing about the Pacioretty to kings trade was that we'd never have to hear about habs fans thinking he would get them O'Reilly lol.
Thats why they are still discussing? I know you dont want it, but its gonna happen

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
Thats why they are still discussing? I know you dont want it, but its gonna happen

Patches wont resign in Buffalo, pretty sure that's the entire issue at hand.

Patches for 1 year is worth pennies on the dollar

Patches with an extension is worth a lot.

Patches is ultimately in the drivers seat, and that was why the LA deal fell through.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Lol.... not sure why some people don't get that they can stomp their feet all they want but you can't force a team to trade you their good players for whatever you don't want. To get a ror, is going to cost something that hurts a bit. Period. This article is MB trying to look good in the Canadien press.

It’s Lou who decided to keep the pick because of the off board picks from Arizona & Hawks. It had nothing to do with Boterill or MB. That deal was done.

normaliswear

Oct 22, 2006
Not for the price you think. Again, if patches would do it, ya wouldn't need a month of chatter. It'd cost something you don't want to give up... like Mete, Scherbak + 2019 1st.

normaliswear

Oct 22, 2006
Seems hab fans are looking at this wrong. As if ROR to Montreal will happen, it's just a matter of the price. See, Buffalo has no need to help you. Unless a real package is done, they are fine keeping him.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Dunno. The rumor in the article is one of #11 or #12 to Montreal for Pacioretty, then that 1st + "some picks" (and I'm speculating that it was a pair of Montreal's 2nds) to Buffalo for O'Reilly.

LOL.

So Patches value > ROR value.

Yeah... no.

Reactions: normaliswear

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
LOL Sabres hoping for 3rd overall but only getting a 1st out of the top 10 as the main piece. Everyone else knew ROR isn't worth that much, unfortunately the homers were out in full force after winning the lottery.

And yet I'd take the player taken at 11 or 12 over that reach at 3.

Imagine thinking Wahlstrom ++ isn't a ton of value.

Can I have what you're on?

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Discuss all you'd like. You didn't get ROR on draft day, St. Louis, Minnesota, and a couple other teams, all with the ability via their assets to offer better than Montreal.
ROR won't be a Hab, bank on it.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
LOL.

So Patches value > ROR value.

Yeah... no.
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. I certainly didn't imply that Pacioretty is more valuable than O'Reilly, nor did the article.

The article/rumor also seems to imply that the a 1st + "other picks" for O'Reilly was something Bergevin was trying to pull off rather than something Botterill was necessarily interested in taking him up on. On it's face that trade doesn't make much sense to me from Buffalo's side.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Discuss all you'd like. You didn't get ROR on draft day, St. Louis, Minnesota, and a couple other teams, all with the ability via their assets to offer better than Montreal.
ROR won't be a Hab, bank on it.
Lol... and yet, they didn’t get him either!!!
Hmmmmmmmm
Something seems amiss

normaliswear

Oct 22, 2006
On a side note. Habs fans... do you even want this trade? Buffalo doesn't want Pacioretty because he's either in decline or soon to decline and doesn't fit the Sabres timetable. But Montreal is at least as bad off. ROR is a very VERY good player at a position you desperately need. But he probably only lifts them from Embarrassing to below average. Why not sell of Pacioretty, Weber, Price etc and embrace the rebuild?

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
If I'm Botterill I am looking to move him to St. Louis in a deal where Schwartz is the main piece coming back. I think those two are very close in value.

Schwartz Eichel Reinhart

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011
How in the world do you get that out of Patches getting 11 and then RoR getting 11 + + ?

I mean...it's literaly one line to read and comprehend.

reading is hard for some people...

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. I certainly didn't imply that Pacioretty is more valuable than O'Reilly, nor did the article.

The article/rumor also seems to think the a 1st + "other picks" for O'Reilly was something Bergevin was trying to pull off rather than something Botterill was necessarily interested in taking him up on. On it's face that trade doesn't make much sense to me from Buffalo's side.
So, Bob McKenzie, who on round 1 draft night said, Jason Botterill wanted 5he 3rd overall pick, but Berg wouldn't do it, and continued to SAY Botterill wasn't moving O'Reilly for any further offers tonight, where Dregger said he's hearing the same basically was wrong?
LOL, McKenzie is not known for putting out falsehoods.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
Really don't understand why the Isles would be going after Patches.
The same. There is no logic in bringing Pacioretty to the Island. If they sign JT, then their top-6 is pretty much settled, Pacioretty does not fit there. If not, then they need a 2C, not a winger. The Isles have abundance of wingers. They need defense, a goalie, and a defensive center (and a 2C if JT walks).

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
So, Bob McKenzie, who on round 1 draft night said, Jason Botterill wanted 5he 3rd overall pick, but Berg wouldn't do it, and continued to SAY Botterill wasn't moving O'Reilly for any further offers tonight, where Dregger said he's hearing the same basically was wrong?
LOL, McKenzie is not known for putting out falsehoods.
Bob McKenzie is such a hack!
Should apprentice with Eklund and learn some things!!!
:sarcasm:

Reactions: Yatzhee

rodney dangerfield

Dec 8, 2015
man, some buffalo fans are refusing to accept the reality that O’Rielly was about to get traded for a 1st and two second rounders. How are you gonna say “nah, even tho the report said it was only that, there were definitely more pieces involved because I dont wanna accept that O’Rielly isnt worth that much” huh??? Plus the article said it was agreed to until NYI backed out because Wahlstrom and Dobson were there

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad