Jun 8, 2018
f***KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Also it was for the 11&12, not just 1 of them

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
So Buffalo was taking back #11 and two 2nds for O'Reilly here? I know there's been talk about him "not fitting with the core" or whatever, but I would've assumed they wanted some kind of immediate roster help.

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
So Buffalo was taking back #11 and two 2nds for O'Reilly here? I know there's been talk about him "not fitting with the core" or whatever, but I would've assumed they wanted some kind of immediate roster help.
I read online it was the 11 and 12 but I may be wrong

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
Hey, on the brightside, we at least now know that Bergevin was actively shopping Pacioretty, and was actively trying to get ROR.

I wouldn't be surprised if once JVR and the Tavares sweepstakes are settled that Patches will have real interest
Agreed - just a matter of time before patches is gone. ROR is just so dreamy

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Agreed - just a matter of time before patches is gone. ROR is just so dreamy

33232f3a0a2e8d653d55b3b3a439f925--hockey-baby-hockey-teams.jpg
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
****KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Also it was for the 11&12, not just 1 of them

It says "11 or 12". So one of them.

I think a lot of this presumes Buffalo could have been convinced. Seems to me that the story should be that Bergevin wanted his cake (pick #3) and to eat it too (Ryan O'Reilly). So, it didn't happen.

normaliswear

Oct 22, 2006
No way a deal was close to that. 11 could have been a piece of a trade, but obviously not the center. Maybe it was Mete, Scherbak, 11, and 2 2nds or something in that area. Teams could discuss the picks that almost happened after, but would keep a lid on the players almost dealt.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
No way a deal was close to that. 11 could have been a piece of a trade, but obviously not the center. Maybe it was Mete, Scherbak, 11, and 2 2nds or something in that area. Teams could discuss the picks that almost happened after, but would keep a lid on the players almost dealt.

If that was the case, that's what the article would have said.

Scherbak is probably movable, but there is a literal 0% chance that Bergevin would move Mete unless another LD was coming back. Kid is looking like the real deal after a rookie year, so no your trade makes no sense.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I’d assume that everything would have been worked out and agreed to in theory by all parties before anything actually happened.
I’d also assume that Buffalo would be getting some kind of player(s) as well from MTL, be it prospect, young NHL ready, or current roster player(s) or any combination there of.

normaliswear

Oct 22, 2006
If that was the case, that's what the article would have said.

Scherbak is probably movable, but there is a literal 0% chance that Bergevin would move Mete unless another LD was coming back. Kid is looking like the real deal after a rookie year, so no your trade makes no sense.
Could be, I have said for a while montreal doesn't have the pieces for a ROR trade. Mete is one of the only exceptions and even then, not alone. This article is either completely full of crap or only discussing part of what went down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad