Confirmed with Link: Pascal Vincent Named Head Coach

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
But at what point do you reward the young players for doing well? Thats also part of development, you cant protect them from everything as they need to play those minutes also and feel the pressure of a team really pushing
The answer is quite simple. Give them more time by putting them on the power play (PP1).

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Vincent talking about creating a new culture is all good. That said, continual losing and playing under performing veterans on the power play is not the way to do it.

I hope PV pivots on his player usage-especially on the PP. He's essentially betting on his career as an NHL head coach this season. If the CBJ end up with a record similar to the one they had last season, then Vincent is probably one and done as an NHL coach. He's worked too hard to get an NHL HC position to not play the players who give him his best chance of winning. I'm sure he's aware of that and it will be interesting to see what player usage looks like going forward.

CalBuckeyeRob

Feb 25, 2012
Jarmo needs fired first. Get a new GM and let them make the call on the coach. Probably doesn't happen until end of season when they finish with nearly the worst record and drop a couple spots in the lottery per tradition.

Reactions: ThisIsMyAlibi

Cheddarcheese

Oct 24, 2023
16 out of 17 games have been a 1 goal game! this is honestly the worst case scenario
PV needs to find a way to get JG, Laine and the PP going... we could easily have a positive record

funny to think Patrick Roy was the running up to Babcock

Last edited:

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
16 out of 17 games have been a 1 goal game! this is honestly the worst case scenario
PV needs to find a way to get JG, Laine and the PP going... we could easily have a positive record

funny to think Patrick Roy was the running up to Babcock
That's the problem. This team could easily have a winning record if the Vets show up like JG. Somethings wrong in the locker room is the only thing I can guess because if it was contractitis Johnny would had sandbagged more last year.

Reactions: squashmaple

Cheddarcheese

Oct 24, 2023
That's the problem. This team could easily have a winning record if the Vets show up like JG. Somethings wrong in the locker room is the only thing I can guess because if it was contractitis Johnny would had sandbagged more last year.
they aren't quitting so im not sure if there is something in the locker room or not ! everyone seems engaged. patty showing emotion breaking his stick he cares and he knows he isn't playing well.

i would be more concerned if they were getting blown out.

comes down to being better on the PP
if we had a middle of the pack pp we have 4-5 more wins imo

last night post presser was the first time i kind of saw some frustrations from PV

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
they aren't quitting so im not sure if there is something in the locker room or not ! everyone seems engaged. patty showing emotion breaking his stick he cares and he knows he isn't playing well.

i would be more concerned if they were getting blown out.

comes down to being better on the PP
if we had a middle of the pack pp we have 4-5 more wins imo

last night post presser was the first time i kind of saw some frustrations from PV
That's what I just don't understand about this team. On paper they are around a .500 team, Laine is desperate, tried to sacrifice a stick last night for good luck (I still think he probably should be on IR for another week but knowing Laine he probably wanted to get back because he saw his team suffering) and Johnny is one of the best in the league right now setting up high danger shots but his line isn't finishing. I am just throwing my hands up at this point. I need someone to have this make sense because I am at a loss.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
That's what I just don't understand about this team. On paper they are around a .500 team, Laine is desperate, tried to sacrifice a stick last night for good luck (I still think he probably should be on IR for another week but knowing Laine he probably wanted to get back because he saw his team suffering) and Johnny is one of the best in the league right now setting up high danger shots but his line isn't finishing. I am just throwing my hands up at this point. I need someone to have this make sense because I am at a loss.
It's the Jackets.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008

Was just texting with a buddy at the game last night - pretty much the exact same sentiments exchanged.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Cheddarcheese

Oct 24, 2023
100% nailed it. never seen so much bad puck luck before. wont last to much longer they are doing a lot of good thing! this team could easily go on a win streak... only thing that worries me is the tough December schedule. just seems like were snowballing lol!

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Add to that a coach trying to find his way and alot of youngsters who have talent but
not the experiences of a full NHL season. To that throw in vets who are not performing ( for whatever reasons) and are of absolute zero help to nuture those youngsters. Too many vets experiencing slumps or performance issues to be coincidence? Its the CBJ so who knows?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00