Confirmed with Link: Pascal Vincent Named Head Coach

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
I didn't expect a Cup. You're stupid if you did. But I expected something better than last year because its more of the same.
I'm not looking at Laine to be the savior of this team. Too injured. Too inconsistent.
I'll put my money on Marchenko and Voronokov.

I did not, should have been obvious.
Laine can add that point per game, which in 1 goal games means more points for the team than without him. I also like Marchenko and Voronkov potential, they've been great so far and both are young guys still developing. Would be great to have them all doing well at the same time

Michigan Magic

Nov 3, 2023
Hattiesburg
It was either this week or last week but Friedman said on 32 thoughts that McConnell is one of the most desirable owners in the league to work for because he doesn't interfere with management at all
If he doesn't interfere or have anything to say about it, I doubt he really cares. He will when the fans have had enough and they turn on him.
I did not, should have been obvious.
Laine can add that point per game, which in 1 goal games means more points for the team than without him. I also like Marchenko and Voronkov potential, they've been great so far and both are young guys still developing. Would be great to have them all doing well at the same time
Somebody has to step or its all downhill from here.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
The team's offense is incredibly young, with 7 players under the age of 25, Centers are 19 (Fantilli) and Silllinger (20). The 30 year olds are maximum 4th line player Kuraly, and if playing center, 3rd line player Jenner. Again, if Boone plays center. He could play TOP 6 with a similar role to, say, Barbashev in Vegas.

Now compare the centers of our opponents. It's nice to talk about tactics, but even to be aggressive you need more experienced players who will know where to stand, improvise. Plus other goalies.

Let's also not forget about experience. Even TOP coaches were not them right away, they had to go through a stage of development.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
It was either this week or last week but Friedman said on 32 thoughts that McConnell is one of the most desirable owners in the league to work for because he doesn't interfere with management at all
That could be because it’s just his way or could be because he’s absentee. There’s a difference. The owner should cast a broad vision for an organization, then put people who have bought into that vision to execute it. If your style is to then step back, that’s fine. But I don’t know that Mr. McConnell isn’t just mostly disinterested.

I don’t know for sure which style of hands-off owner McConnell is, but not interfering isn’t necessarily always a good thing.

Michigan Magic

Nov 3, 2023
Hattiesburg
This is why I think Coach is making a mistake not taking the leash off of the young gun line.
They are outperforming ever other line.

Attachments

• rsz_xrecorder_13112023_093040.jpg
    rsz_xrecorder_13112023_093040.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 5

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
This is why I think Coach is making a mistake not taking the leash off of the young gun line.
They are outperforming ever other line.

There's something to be said for the fact that the youth is thriving with what Vincent is doing now... is his primary objective to win games or develop the youth?

I'm honestly less worried about the young guys' minutes and increasingly worried about some of the vets sucking ass. They're the reason the team is where it is imo.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
There's something to be said for the fact that the youth is thriving with what Vincent is doing now... is his primary objective to win games or develop the youth?

I'm honestly less worried about the young guys' minutes and increasingly worried about some of the vets sucking ass. They're the reason the team is where it is imo.
But at what point do you reward the young players for doing well? Thats also part of development, you cant protect them from everything as they need to play those minutes also and feel the pressure of a team really pushing

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Why couldn’t both be happening at the same time?

The kids give you a better chance of winning and them playing legit minutes is better for their development.

We must have seen the last of this 3rd period protect the league garbage, they aren’t build for NYI hockey

But at what point do you reward the young players for doing well? Thats also part of development, you cant protect them from everything as they need to play those minutes also and feel the pressure of a team really pushing

Also Voronkov& Marchenko aren’t normal young players jumping from junior leagues.
They have lot of pro experience under their belt.

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
Also Voronkov& Marchenko aren’t normal young players jumping from junior leagues.
They have lot of pro experience under their belt.
Voronkov specifically makes so many smart "small plays" that you would hypothetically get from a veteran anyways. His only issue now is penalties from getting his feet stuck for a split second but I think he makes up for it.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008

Great question, dunno. It's still relatively early in the season, but I get the impatience for sure.

Going into the season, consensus seemed to be no expectation of playoffs this year and that the goal was strong growth from the young core. We see that happening, I think.

Conversely, there was also consensus that the team should be somewhat 'in the mix' for the playoffs, even if they ultimately miss. It seems like the reason the team is performing worse than we'd hoped is the veterans, not the rookies.

I guess my point is I think if the veteran top line guys were performing up to snuff, we'd be generally content with the young guys playing time - though I'd still expect their playing time to steadily increase. So your question probably hits at the heart of it. Is rewarding them with more ice time now 'fixing what ain't broke' or is it good for their development? I dunno. But I think our perception is heavily influenced by how sh!t some of our big $$$ guys are playing right now.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Great question, dunno. It's still relatively early in the season, but I get the impatience for sure.

Going into the season, consensus seemed to be no expectation of playoffs this year and that the goal was strong growth from the young core. We see that happening, I think.

Conversely, there was also consensus that the team should be somewhat 'in the mix' for the playoffs, even if they ultimately miss. It seems like the reason the team is performing worse than we'd hoped is the veterans, not the rookies.

I guess my point is I think if the veteran top line guys were performing up to snuff, we'd be generally content with the young guys playing time - though I'd still expect their playing time to steadily increase. So your question probably hits at the heart of it. Is rewarding them with more ice time now 'fixing what ain't broke' or is it good for their development? I dunno. But I think our perception is heavily influenced by how sh!t some of our big $$$ guys are playing right now.
I think if the big money guys were performing how they should we would have at least 2-3 more wins on the season. Which would put us at 7-7-1, right where most of us thought we would be. I want to believe that they'll get it together but at this point, as others have said, I'd rather rely more on the young guns until proven otherwise.

Reactions: Monk

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I think if the big money guys were performing how they should we would have at least 2-3 more wins on the season. Which would put us at 7-7-1, right where most of us thought we would be. I want to believe that they'll get it together but at this point, as others have said, I'd rather rely more on the young guns until proven otherwise.

What does until proven otherwise mean - until they start to struggle? Are a couple more wins worth the young guys starting to struggle?

I'm starting to lean more toward the "let 'em play" side of things, but my expectation going into the year was that we'd bring the young guys along purposefully, methodically -- slowly. So the win/loss situation doesn't change that for me, but their performance is starting to!

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
What does until proven otherwise mean - until they start to struggle? Are a couple more wins worth the young guys starting to struggle?

I'm starting to lean more toward the "let 'em play" side of things, but my expectation going into the year was that we'd bring the young guys along purposefully, methodically -- slowly. So the win/loss situation doesn't change that for me, but their performance is starting to!
Mainly until others start playing better, it's unlikely that 10-11-86 will stay hot all season, it's only a matter of time before they cool down. Hopefully by that point a some others have started to heat up.

Either way, we're gonna be in trouble if Kuraly and Jenner continue to be our leading goal scorers..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad