Confirmed with Link: Pascal Vincent Named Head Coach

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I was dead set against Pascal during the last interview process and remain unimpressed. I don’t see him as having the gravitas to hold the team together. And it now appears that some players have an open door to lodge complaints against their coach

BerthMania

Jun 3, 2022
Montréal
To the Jackets fans, what do you think of Pascal Vincent as head coach?

Personally I'm glad for him, I'm also québécois and I remember when he did some tv, he was among the most well articulate hockey experts I've heard on french tv!

I was dead set against Pascal during the last interview process and remain unimpressed. I don’t see him as having the gravitas to hold the team together. And it now appears that some players have an open door to lodge complaints against their coach
What do you man by gravitas? haha I don't know what that is

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana

Personally I'm glad for him, I'm also québécois and I remember when he did some tv, he was among the most well articulate hockey experts I've heard on french tv!

To reply to what that other poster said, I actually disagree. I think from watching the team in game, it always seemed like they respected what Vincent had to say in regards to strategy. I think the players like and respect him.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
One thing I worry about is I think the Jackets benefit from an outside voice. I generally don't love assistants being promoted as it feels like real change isn't possible.

On the other hand, sometimes someone who has been in the room and knows what they can do to fix issues can immediately give more results vs someone who has to learn it themselves.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Not the way I wanted it to happen but congrats to Vincent. Bit of a sideshow to work through here at the start but as soon as the hockey starts it just becomes hockey again.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
One thing I worry about is I think the Jackets benefit from an outside voice. I generally don't love assistants being promoted as it feels like real change isn't possible.

On the other hand, sometimes someone who has been in the room and knows what they can do to fix issues can immediately give more results vs someone who has to learn it themselves.
I think pressure to Find An Outside Guy after Larsen failed is what got us Babcock.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

Not really the same when the guy fired hasnt even really coached the team

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

He seems like a good guy who has the potential to be a good head coach. But for him his first job is taking the keys to be head coach of a team:

- that had one of the worst records in the league last year;
- stepping into a locker room that is potentially has a veteran/younger player fraction based on how events unfolded;
- basically zero time to prep for this before training camp opens;
- short an assistant coach; and
- has as his upper management team so confident in you they passed you over twice prevously

I wish him well and want him to succeed but he couldn’t take a tougher first gig than this.

Last edited:

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
The old coach is gone all hail the new coach.

Should had been the HC from day 1 but there was alot of resistance to an internal hire again which is why they wanted to find a "Torts" style coach as Larson was too friendly. We played very well under Vincent when he was coaching and he was the one who pushed the Laine 1C experiment...and he probably costed us that #1 draft slot anyway due to him (doesn't matter in the end in my headcannon we chose second and picked Fantilli and anyone who tells me otherwise I'll just say fake news...I reject reality and that's how it happened for me).

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'm actually super excited for Vincent and I think he'll do well. He seems to be really likable and easy to get along with, I think the players are going to like playing for him, and he's a tactician and has surely absorbed some new tricks from working with Babs.

He had a long tenure at different levels in Winnipeg and I don't just see him as an internal fill in.

Edit: forgot to mention earlier but the Laine at center experiment was really telling. Vincent had a very brief opportunity to fill in as head coach, two games where Lars was sick, and he went completely in a new direction. That's really rare, I don't see him as following Lars at all, completely different mind.

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Happy for Vincent. He's getting a much better team in a much better position than what Larsen was left with. Hopefully Vincent can thread the need of not being a hard ass twat like Torts could be, but not a complete pushover like Larsen while also understanding how to respect peoples privacy unlike Babs.

puckgoalnet

Feb 23, 2003
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Completely agree. 1st I was surprised he was still on the staff, now I'm surprised he's the coach.

Ran one of the worst PP's in the league, gets rewarded by being promoted to head coach.

Reactions: Youngguns80

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
No offense to Vincent, but management let Larsen get walked all over by these players, and Vincent was apart of the staff that got walked over. I know things change when you’re the head guy, but clearly management thought a stricter message was needed.

I’m happy for Vincent. he seems like a good man. I just don’t see this being much better than Larsen even if he’s a “tactician”.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Completely agree. 1st I was surprised he was still on the staff, now I'm surprised he's the coach.

Ran one of the worst PP's in the league, gets rewarded by being promoted to head coach.
You forgot to look at lines and also the fact that our PP was one of the best after the all star game.

No offense to Vincent, but management let Larsen get walked all over by these players, and Vincent was apart of the staff that got walked over. I know things change when you’re the head guy, but clearly management thought a stricter message was needed.

I’m happy for Vincent. he seems like a good man. I just don’t see this being much better than Larsen even if he’s a “tactician”.
We don't know how Vincent may have influenced Larsen's decisions.

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
You forgot to look at lines and also the fact that our PP was one of the best after the all star game.

We don't know how Vincent may have influenced Larsen's decisions.
That is a bunch of crap. As a leader, coach, manager, etc. If you don’t agree it is your job to convince of another way. Just following isn’t a leader. Vincent will get walked on by players and much more of the same will happen. Larsen 2.0

BTW - when he goes down in flames. I don’t want to hear he didn’t have the right players these were set up for Babcock’s systems.

I would have been more impressed if they promoted Trent V from Cleveland than Pascal Vincent as our coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00