CFHF Fantasy League Part IV - General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Probably something about not getting a chance at McDavid/MacKinnon/Eckblad...ever...

Well, that's no different to real life. I guess I liked adding the risk factor to the elite guys. But I agree. I think prospect draft before main draft covers all our bases. Now, I'm still left wondering about why the prospect draft needs to be restricted to just the current draft class...

@DarrenDreger: League made a proposal to the CFHFPA earlier today, and the PA is considering various counteroffers. The two sides will meet again this evening.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Well, that's no different to real life. I guess I liked adding the risk factor to the elite guys. But I agree. I think prospect draft before main draft covers all our bases. Now, I'm still left wondering about why the prospect draft needs to be restricted to just the current draft class...

@DarrenDreger: League made a proposal to the CFHFPA earlier today, and the PA is considering various counteroffers. The two sides will meet again this evening.

So we can't select guys like Eckblad and McDavid right now?

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
The prospect draft before the main draft would essentially eliminate any prospects being taken in the main draft. This could work, but it would make teams older. We could potentially see a "prospect" who played 49 games in the NHL taken as a prospect, but I doubt it since people would want to maximize the usage and rights of a prospect

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010

Maybe its because its more like the real draft? :dunno:

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
The prospect draft before the main draft would essentially eliminate any prospects being taken in the main draft. This could work, but it would be hard make teams older. We could potentially see a "prospect" who played 49 games in the NHL taken as a prospect, but I doubt it since people would want to maximize the usage and rights of a prospect

Just have prospects be applied to the current draft year to simulate the draft class of the current year. Could even due it before the real NHL draft to see how well we scout our own players lol.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Just have prospects be applied to the current draft year to simulate the draft class of the current year. Could even due it before the real NHL draft to see how well we scout our own players lol.

That leaves out a lot of players. Personally, I get excited when someone makes a pick way out to left field. It really separates those who did their homework and those who didn't. I like an increased pool more than anything. Even guys over seas who might come over could be a prospect. It could be the pick of the century!

If we draft before the real draft, one could accidently pick a player that goes undrafted. Then they're really screwed.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Ok so the solution I maintain is that we hold the prospect draft BEFORE the main draft. That way it gives more value to prospect picks AND people can protect the best prospects from each year. (Eckblad, MacKinnon, McDavid etc...)

Just remember that means whomever drafts McDavid essentially has a free keeper pick for 2 seasons (100 games).

So you keep 9 non-prospects plus X amount of prospects. That definitely makes the game more simulation like and long term.

I like this idea. I would also be in favor of holding a prospect for the max length of a 3 year window wherein you have to activate him to your main roster or make him a keeper. The 3 year window will ensure the main draft isn't getting watered down so to speak, also seen as an ELC.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
So we can't select guys like Eckblad and McDavid right now?

I guess I was implying players who had already passed draft-eligibility (ie if an NHL team could legally pick them in ANY previous draft, they are eligible for ours).

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
That leaves out a lot of players. Personally, I get excited when someone makes a pick way out to left field. It really separates those who did their homework and those who didn't. I like an increased pool more than anything. Even guys over seas who might come over could be a prospect. It could be the pick of the century!

If we draft before the real draft, one could accidently pick a player that goes undrafted. Then they're really screwed.

I don't think anyone's suggesting starting our drafting before the NHL draft. More just switch the order, and still start the day after.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com

Whos fault is that then? :P

But yes I'd say for simplicity, we do the prospect draft after the NHL one then do our main draft.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Yeah future drafts is pushing it. I don't want people drafting 10 year olds with hopes of winning this thing 8 years later. I mean, the Lethargic Sloths want people to do that, only because its a lazy, easy way to draft players

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Yeah future drafts is pushing it. I don't want people drafting 10 year olds with hopes of winning this thing 8 years later. I mean, the Lethargic Sloths want people to do that, only because its a lazy, easy way to draft players

Please give back your best Looking GM award.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I didn't accept it. They wanted me to walk ALL THE WAY to that podium to accept that thing. **** that noise! Its hard enough being such a great GM!

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

I pick Oskar Kiprusoff. Nice 40th Birthday present for myself.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I didn't accept it. They wanted me to walk ALL THE WAY to that podium to accept that thing. **** that noise! Its hard enough being such a great GM!

Speaking of things placed on your team page, were you wanting me to put your roster in there, or are you planning on getting to it at some point? I'm not sure who your players are.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Speaking of things placed on your team page, were you wanting me to put your roster in there, or are you planning on getting to it at some point? I'm not sure who your players are.

Nah, its ok. I'll give it a whirl. If I have any trouble I'll give you a shout. Thanks a lot though. I'll have to learn how to navigate these things somehow.

First I better turn my monitor on ;)

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
If you chose a prospect during the regular draft and plan on keeping him in the future, he acts like any other roster player taken in the draft, regardless of games played imo.

If Drouin only plays 9 games and gets sent down, I should have the option to use a roster spot (ie, keep a roster spot empty or leave him on my team for the entire year) and decide whether I use a keeper spot on him for the following season. If I drop him and don't keep a roster spot empty in place for him, then he should become UFA, and any team can grab him.

That's as fair as I think it can be. You take a risk selecting a prospect. You can minimize the effect by dropping him and picking another player up as a replacement thus ending your ownership with the prospect. Or you can be at a disadvantage and be down 1 roster spot.

You will still be able to use a keeper pick on Drouin if you choose :) , if not he will return to the prospect draft for the following year.

KiwiFlamesFan

Aug 11, 2006
New Zealand
I'm willing to trade my prospect picks for prospects and/or future considerations.

I have:

2nd rnd pick (#13)
3rd rnd pick (#4)
3rd rnd pick (#5)

Get in touch with me via PM if you're interested.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
MG, you are a very good GM, I'll give you that. But some advice, if you wanna be an elite GM, next time you see a PM in your inbox with the subject title "Trade", look to see if the sender is wearing a ski mask and has large Chiclets for teeth, if he does, call the cops so I don't rob you on yet another deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad