Flaming Wings announce a trade with Lethargic Sloths

Mats Zucarello
1st Round PP (11th)

for

1st Round PP (10th)
2nd Round PP

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I know its not right to take advantage of someone in distress.

On the other hand....

Me not winning this thing will cause me distress. So by winning, I'm practically a hero!

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I know its not right to take advantage of someone in distress.

On the other hand....

Me not winning this thing will cause me distress. So by winning, I'm practically a hero!

In all your greatness I feel it's important that you refer to yourself in the 3rd person. Great people do great things.

Aug 3, 2010
In all your greatness I feel it's important that you refer to yourself in the 3rd person. Great people do great things.
I think it would be even better if he replaced a third-person pronoun with a first person objective pronoun, therefore:

MarkGio said:
Me know its not right to take advantage of someone in distress.

On the other hand....

Me not winning this thing will cause me distress. So by winning, me is practically a hero!

;)

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
The reason why we made this rule was because some people were getting upset that many prospects were being taken in the regular draft, even if they aren't going to play in the NHL that year. This rule addresses that, as the prospects who don't play in the NHL will be put into the prospect draft (NOT the regular draft). This strengthens the prospect pick value every season.

If you use a keeper on that "prospect", then this rule is completely voided.

Now, as I said, we can always re-do, deny, or completely ignore this rule if people like. If it is too complicated, we can just dump the whole rule all together.

With all due respect, what was this supposed to address? If the prospect picked in the main draft doesn't play 40 games, the GM has already been punished with a season of uselessness out of one of his players. And on the second rule, if a GM thought that a prospect was worth taking in the main draft, then it is virtually certain that someone we'll think he's worth taking in the main draft a year later, too. Unless you're saying he would be ineligible for the following main draft.

This is what I am trying to say. He would be ineligible to be taken in the main draft the following year. Hence why the prospect pick(s) would become even more valuable.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All in all, I'm just trying to find a medium for both sides of the argument.

Anyways, this thread is coming up to 1,000 posts, so I'll be making a new thread shortly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad