Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 4 - BRUINS head home with a 3-1 series lead.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Screenshot_20240428-084803-092.png

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
These Toronto fans bring this on themselves. They expect to lose. The problem, imo, isn't the TO 4, it's the middle guys. Geekie, Heinen, Beecher, Lauko, Boquist are playing better than the Toronto middle guys. Montgomery is able to constantly switch line mates. For me they're the difference.
Plus the Bruins defense is pretty good.
B's build from the Net out.
Each goalie you can make an arguement for best in the league. Together, best tandem.
Carlo, McAvoy, Lindholm, all top 3 D on just about any team. Remainder D is decent.
2 High end forwards, Marchy and Pasta, but Marchy is beginning the slow decent.
They a bunch of very good all around players, Zacha, Debrusk, Coyle, Frederic, Geekie.
Then a bunch of responsible forwards.

Toronto is all offense. They've spend 2/3 of the cap on 5 players.
I'm surprised they are as good as they are.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Does Peeke bump Lohrei or Spoon when healthy?

Probably gonna be Lohrei vs those massive Panthers

Last night was one of the best overall defensive games I’ve seen them play all season. Last nights defensive group did an outstanding job of getting the puck out of the zone and transitioning to offense. Suffocated the leafs all night.

If they play well next game against Toronto then I’m telling Gryz and Peeke that they will have sit until someone messes up.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Last night was one of the best overall defensive games I’ve seen them play all season. Last nights defensive group did an outstanding job of getting the puck out of the zone and transitioning to offense. Suffocated the leafs all night.

If they play well next game against Toronto then I’m telling Gryz and Peeke that they will have sit until someone messes up.
i agree.
i love the 3R and 3L d pairings.
so if peeke is healthy only guy he should replace is shatty.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
My guess is he was looking to inflate his offensive numbers so that he could really cash in this year with his UFA status. With Toronto's offense first system, it appeared to be the smart move. If you want to really win the Stanley Cup, would anyone sign with Toronto ? I mean they get tot he playoffs and have a chance, but with that D and goaltending, that chance is minisule.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

Peeke is week to week so doubt he is back anytime soon probably break or cracked bone in hand,and personally I would rather keep Lohrei in over Gryz.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Shattenkirk a number of lazy turnovers in the defensive zone in the 3rd period. I would replace him with Peeke or Forbort going forward when available.

Gryz does not play another game.

$5 million. Did well for himself although these playoffs are not helping his next contract.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Shattenkirk a number of lazy turnovers in the defensive zone in the 3rd period. I would replace him with Peeke or Forbort going forward when available.

Gryz does not play another game.

$5 million. Did well for himself although these playoffs are not helping his next contract.

Peeke and forbort are far worse than shattenkirk at getting the puck out of the zone. It’s just a question of whether you’ll need peekes toughness.

Also the power play has been much better with shattenkirk back in the lineup. It struggled down the stretch of the regular season because Peeke was in for him. Now it’s clicking. Not taking shattenkirk out imo.

Reactions: lopey and khanomcat

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Someone mentioned that Raycroft looked tired on the broadcast. Listening to Morning Bru and he sounds sick or something.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Don't know if anyone in here's heard of udio but its an AI music generator that is ridiculous

put in a prompt about Marchand owning the leafs and a style for the song- tweaked it a bit and 3 minutes later. . . ta da

Last edited:

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Man I have to admit, I have Bruins game 5 trauma.

This is one we rarely win. We're gonna learn a lot Tuesday.
I'm worried. Need them to finish this quickly, no reason playing more of these games, it's been physical and high pace series.

It'd be amazing to get a fast start, put in one of two in the first and get the leafs stars to start bickering on the bench again.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
The best thing for the Bruins is to get this series over as quick as possible. As before attrition is a killer in the play offs. Getting breaks between series is so important. Gives a couple of scrapes and bruises a chance to heal up somewhat.
All things we know but not sure the Bruins do,hopefully they have learned from pass mistakes.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I'm worried. Need them to finish this quickly, no reason playing more of these games, it's been physical and high pace series.

It'd be amazing to get a fast start, put in one of two in the first and get the leafs stars to start bickering on the bench again.
we arent going to win. you know it.
when was the last time we closed out a team in 5 on home ice? the red wings in 2014?
off the top of my head i think we are 2-4 in this situation the past 20 years.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
The Leafs are just flat out terrible. They are so bad at defending and also at forecheck. If they don’t score on the rush, it’s over. They have no ability to dump and chase, get and KEEP possession along the wall and down low, and cycle etc. They seem to always try an immediate pass out front, and the Bs in their zone coverage have the “house” all protected, stick in lanes, and instantly the play goes the other way and out of the zone. The Leafs seem to get a two second forecheck and it’s over. This has been really easy on all the Bs D, including Gryz when he was in. I’ll give credit to our Fs being in good position also in our zone, including great C play down low and W out high and collapsing when needed. I don’t think the Leafs know what to do to beat a team as disciplined as the Bs in zone coverage. A lot of NHL teams still play man down low with 2 D and a C, but it’s not easy to play against a skill team. Vegas all of a sudden is a defensive juggernaut since Cassidy arrived and brought the zone. It’s funny, because I’m very old, and all you need to know is that ONLY zone coverage existed when I was young. Along with a few other things, like F stay in your lanes, etc. Hockey was only North South. It was be on the right side of the puck. Dump chase, hard into the corners. First guy blast the D, second get the puck. Protect the puck, keep possession down low, meet at the net, screen, no fly by, stop at the post. It was a simple game. It seems to me the simple game is making a comeback.
^ This

They’re just not good *hockey* players. Sure, they’re highly-skilled hockey players and good goal scorers, but outside of that they have no idea how to play hockey. They have no idea how to play without the puck, and worse than even that they have no idea that they actually have to play without the puck (nor do their fans). They just skate around waiting for someone, someone else, to give it back to them.

Watching Biz cut-up Marner during the intermission and I was all “and?” This is how he plays. This is how he always plays. You’re just noticing it now? And leaf fans think he’s great defensively, because he has a lot of takeaways. Yeah, because he spends all his time without the puck in the neutral zone waiting for the puck while his d-men are scrambling around and getting hemmed-in in their d-zone.

I just thank God we had Bergeron all those years to see how a real hockey player plays. Marchand too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad