CFHF Fantasy League Part IV - General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
You can only draft 2013 eligible prospects in this years prospect draft.

And according to the new rule, Max Reinhart will count towards the 50 game rule since he has played an NHL game (for reference).

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Oh, so we can't draft Ekblad or upcoming prospects, just anyone drafted in July 2013 or earlier. Even drafts long ago who are still considered prospects?

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Oh, so we can't draft Ekblad or upcoming prospects, just anyone drafted in July 2013 or earlier. Even drafts long ago who are still considered prospects?

No, you could not draft Aaron Ekblad. You may only draft a player that was eligible for the 2013 draft. So you can't draft Coda Gordon who was eligible for the 2012 draft.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
No, you could not draft Aaron Ekblad. You may only draft a player that was eligible for the 2013 draft. So you can't draft Coda Gordon who was eligible for the 2012 draft.

Some guys are eating up all the 2013 picks before the prospect draft? Let's be honest, nobody is going to select the players who taken from the 4th -7th rounds on July 1st. People will only select those taken in the 1st-3 rounds, while the rest are long shots who may never make the NHL.

At least with guys drafted in later rounds of 2010, 2011 or 2012 we would know if they're close to the NHL, but these 2013 picks won't make the NHL for years. It kind of dilutes the prospect draft to being a long shot guess as to who might pan out.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Some guys are eating up all the 2013 picks before the prospect draft? Let's be honest, nobody is going to select the players who taken from the 4th -7th rounds on July 1st. People will only select those taken in the 1st-3 rounds, while the rest are long shots who may never make the NHL.

At least with guys drafted in later rounds of 2010, 2011 or 2012 we would know if they're close to the NHL, but these 2013 picks won't make the NHL for years. It kind of dilutes the prospect draft to being a long shot guess as to who might pan out.

Yeah I agree with this. It is somewhat unreasonable.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
InfinityIggy and I have made a new rule for the prospect draft, but we have yet to announce it. I think you guys will like it. I will announce it later today. The rule will start next year, not this.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
InfinityIggy and I have made a new rule for the prospect draft, but we have yet to announce it. I think you guys will like it. I will announce it later today. The rule will start next year, not this.

The only thing I think remotely close to logical and simple would be to have the prospect draft before the main draft.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The only thing I think remotely close to logical and simple would be to have the prospect draft before the main draft.

I disagree. I like that people have the option to take a new draftee with a risk factor. I don't want someone to be able to pick MacDavid and have him protected for his first 100 games.

Anyway, I'll save the rest of my argument for when that rule is announced.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
I disagree. I like that people have the option to take a new draftee with a risk factor. I don't want someone to be able to pick MacDavid and have him protected for his first 100 games.

Anyway, I'll save the rest of my argument for when that rule is announced.

Oh I agree with you as well. I I'm just thinking they are trying to protect prospects with their new rule. There should be a risk factor of picking up nhl draftees in their draft year, not insulation.

I don't suppose someone wants to do my wiki heh, not close to a computer today :P

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
My prospect list is the draft order as it happened in real life. So if McKinnon is taken, then I'll select Barkov, and if he's taken, I'll select Drouin.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
I thought the rule for the prospect draft was players from the last two drafts, not just the last one? At least that was how it was explained when I took over the team.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
final roster for me:

Elias - Tavares - Okposo
C. Wilson - Brassard - Little (RW/C)
Anisimov (LW/C) - Nielsen - Oshie
Laich (LW/C) - Hanzal - K. Palmieri (RW/LW?/C?)
McGinn - Briere (RW/C?)

Phaneuf - Vishnovsky
Beauchemin - Martin
R. Wilson - Ellis

Rinne
Miller
Elliot

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick
I thought the rule for the prospect draft was players from the last two drafts, not just the last one? At least that was how it was explained when I took over the team.

Last years draft was for multiple years as I know someone took Kuznetsov who was a 2010 draft pick.

I think as long as the player is drafted and not owned he should be fair game. (Just my opinion not the rule)

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Looks great wFlames.

I know nothing about wikia.

Do I have to sign up to do stuff? And what do I do?

Wanted to follow up on this. You don't have to have an account. Just go to the url and hit the edit button.

If you:

• Can't get on a computer to edit your wiki page
  • Don't want to edit your wiki
  • Have a pathological fear of the word wiki and wish I'd stop saying it right now
  • Need to abstain from editing your wiki page for religious reasons

I'd be happy to do your page for you. Just post your most updated roster, and prospects!

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Last years draft was for multiple years as I know someone took Kuznetsov who was a 2010 draft pick.

I think as long as the player is drafted and not owned he should be fair game. (Just my opinion not the rule)

Too many players would be '' protected'', you could gave like an entire team if keepers then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad