Prospect Info: Part 2: Oskar Lindblom -- round 5 #138 overall 2014 NHL Draft [recalled on 2/19]

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Simmonds isn't as good as Lucic was at ES, and he has some injury concerns.
The problem is while he's an elite PP scorer, that only has value to teams that need a front of the net guy, otherwise, most teams will focus more on his ES limitations than his PP prowness.

We had to take Lehtera's contract hit (probably valued at a 3rd rd pick) to get 2 1st rd picks for Schenn.
Schenn was much younger, on an affordable long-term deal and scored as much as Simmonds. His deal probably values out as a 1st and 2nd.
If we get a 1st and 3rd for Simmonds, that would be a very good return.

Reactions: JXC

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
The problem is while he's an elite PP scorer, that only has value to teams that need a front of the net guy, otherwise, most teams will focus more on his ES limitations than his PP prowness.

We had to take Lehtera's contract hit (probably valued at a 3rd rd pick) to get 2 1st rd picks for Schenn.
Schenn was much younger, on an affordable long-term deal and scored as much as Simmonds. His deal probably values out as a 1st and 2nd.
You're senile.

litflyersfan

Jan 1, 2008
What a beauty of a debut for young oskar. Not a good news for leier though.
Don’t mean to come off as cold here, but given the job Hextall has down restocking the shelves with prospects it was just a matter of time before Leier was pushed out. Leier showed us a flash early on but just can’t maintain it through the year. Maybe I’m being too critical and he turns it around but eventually the more prized prospects and, unfortunately, the overpriced vets on multiple year deals were going to take over the few spots left in the bottom six and reserve spots. Leier is just losing the numbers games.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Don’t mean to come off as cold here, but given the job Hextall has down restocking the shelves with prospects it was just a matter of time before Leier was pushed out. Leier showed us a flash early on but just can’t maintain it through the year. Maybe I’m being too critical and he turns it around but eventually the more prized prospects and, unfortunately, the overpriced vets on multiple year deals were going to take over the few spots left in the bottom six and reserve spots. Leier is just losing the numbers games.
At least we have a 13th forward who is pretty skilled and fast instead of what it used to be before. Last year it was boyd gordon and lyubimov lol.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Makes you ponder their pro evaluating when they believed he wasn't ready for the NHL and only could be called up when a top 9 forward suddenly got injured and may have kept him on the farm all season otherwise.

Was anything stopping him from doing this 2 months ago? He's looked consistent in the AHL since at worst December, and more like November.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Makes you ponder their pro evaluating when they believed he wasn't ready for the NHL and only could be called up when a top 9 forward suddenly got injured and may have kept him on the farm all season otherwise.

Was anything stopping him from doing this 2 months ago? He's looked consistent in the AHL since at worst December, and more like November.
I read reports of him looking bad a few days ago, which convinced the source that he wasn't ready.

I have a hard time believing it'd be an inaccurate evaluation.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Well everyone knows when you go 2 or more games without a point in the AHL you couldn't possibly hang in the NHL.

And if you get 13 points in 12 games, clearly you're not playing an "NHL game" and need to play more defense.

Really the best thing a player can do to get an NHL call-up is......nothing.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Lindblom was getting steady time in the AHL, if Simmonds is healthy, who gets benched (8-10 minutes on the 4th line)?
So this is an opportunity to play Lindblom in a top 9 role.

Scoring in the AHL is pretty meaningless by itself, McDonald had 42 goals one year and failed in his NHL trial.
If scoring mattered, Brennan would have been in the NHL a long time ago.

With Lindblom, they knew he had NHL talent, it was just a question of how fast do you push him and in what role?
Since he can't play center, it was do they move Raffl to the 4th line or bench Weal?

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario

Simmonds had played 230 straight games before tonight.

To say he has injury concerns is flat out ignorant.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
McDonald scored 42 goals as a 26 year old & never came close to doing it again. He wasn’t even considered a prospect at that point & was on a minor league contract. He signed with another organization after that year. :laugh:

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
I love his game and always knew he was going to be a huge fan favorite in Philadelphia. He is tough. He is smart. He is determined. He is willing to go to the dirty areas and he can finish. Hes going to be a great player for us.

Reactions: Rebels57

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Well everyone knows when you go 2 or more games without a point in the AHL you couldn't possibly hang in the NHL.

I'm getting the same BS vibes about Bunny's cooling-off period recently, but what these imbeciles don't understand is that Bunny has a heart - if he opened up and gave the OHL both barrels, dozens of people would start jumping off bridges due to clear unworthiness. We should all thank our ****ing stars that he's ours. Every time I hear someone call that chunky drunk "The Greatest" I'm like "Just you wait."

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I'm getting the same BS vibes about Bunny's cooling-off period recently, but what these imbeciles don't understand is that Bunny has a heart - if he opened up and gave the OHL both barrels, dozens of people would start jumping off bridges due to clear unworthiness. We should all thank our ****ing stars that he's ours. Every time I hear someone call that chunky drunk "The Greatest" I'm like "Just you wait."
Bust.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Not really possible to tell what a newcomer will become based upon the first handful of adrenalin-stoked performances.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Simmonds had played 230 straight games before tonight.

To say he has injury concerns is flat out ignorant.

Simmonds is consistently dinged, he's tough, he plays through it, but as a player ages it's a concern.
Because his production tends to fall off when he's nursing dings.
On a one year deal, not so much, but if you're thinking of trading and extending him it's an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia