Prospect Info: Part 2: Oskar Lindblom -- round 5 #138 overall 2014 NHL Draft [recalled on 2/19]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Could the “injury” be another trade they are working on? Possibly Simmonds on the way out
Barring some kind of absurd overpayment that they simply can't turn down, I would be pretty shocked if they dealt Simmer. They are clearly looking to make a playoff run this year and trading Simmer now does not help your chances unless you are bringing back a comparable player, which seems to defeat the purpose of trading him in the first place. I think he goes in the offseason, probably at the draft in a Schenn-esque type of deal.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Barring some kind of absurd overpayment that they simply can't turn down, I would be pretty shocked if they dealt Simmer. They are clearly looking to make a playoff run this year and trading Simmer now does not help your chances unless you are bringing back a comparable player, which seems to defeat the purpose of trading him in the first place. I think he goes in the offseason, probably at the draft in a Schenn-esque type of deal.
Yup....he will be traded June 23rd.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Yup....he will be traded June 23rd.

Not trading him at the deadline will hurt his value a touch. Schenn who was a 55 point 26 year old signed for multiple years only got two 1sts (and Jori). Simmonds will probably only fetch a 1st + 2nd (value-wise) at best. I still definitely want to trade him though.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Not trading him at the deadline will hurt his value a touch. Schenn who was a 55 point 26 year old signed for multiple years only got two 1sts (and Jori). Simmonds will probably only fetch a 1st + 2nd (value-wise) at best. I still definitely want to trade him though.
For sure if we had traded him say 2 months ago vs trading him this summer, we could have gotten more. But now, keep him and keep the room happy for the playoffs.

But yeah, I still 100% look to trade him before the draft. And who knows...Lucic did get #13+Jones(who was flipped for a 1st)+ Miller. So maybe Simmonds gets that too.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
For sure if we had traded him say 2 months ago vs trading him this summer, we could have gotten more. But now, keep him and keep the room happy for the playoffs.

But yeah, I still 100% look to trade him before the draft.

I agree. It doesn't make sense to trade him until the draft unless an absolutely ridiculous offer comes along.

Reactions: Tripod

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I agree. It doesn't make sense to trade him until the draft unless an absolutely ridiculous offer comes along.
The other side of this would be if he wants to stay here for cheap. I have no idea what Simmer has going on in his mind, but if he indicates a willingness to take a home-town type of discount, I wouldn't be opposed to keeping him here.

Reactions: MacDonald4MVP

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The other side of this would be if he wants to stay here for cheap. I have no idea what Simmer has going on in his mind, but if he indicates a willingness to take a home-town type of discount, I wouldn't be opposed to keeping him here.

I don't think he could take a cheap enough discount for me to be OK with re-signing him - whatever that lowest number is, it will be too high for my liking for what he brings to the team, especially with what we have in the pipeline. Nor should he take a big discount - he has been underpaid (according to league value) and deserves his last payday, but I hope it's elsewhere. I'll cheer for him every second he's here until then, and I'll cheer for him if he re-signs - I just hope he doesn't.

Reactions: Magua

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
It’s disappointing that we had to see Simmonds go down for Oskar to get his chance.

Having said that, this exactly what we saw when Ghost got the call. And when the team was healthy, Ghost’s play gave management no other choice but to keep him. Now it’s Oskar’s turn to do just the same.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Could you imagine going into the playoffs with this?

Giroux - Couturier - Konecny
Lindblom- Patrick - Voracek
Weal - Laughton - Simmonds
Raffl - Filppula - Aube-Kubel

Weise waived and sent to Phantoms
Leier, Lehtera healthy scratched

Provorov - Gostisbehere
Sanheim - Gudas
Hagg - MacDonald

Manning healthy scratched

Mrazek
Elliott

I'd be confident in that group playing a great series against any team in the East.

wuf

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Maybe it's unfair to expect but deep down I'm counting on Oskar to be our sleeper come playoff time. He's going to spend the rest of the season acclimating, hopefully chipping in enough to warrant him staying up with the big club, but then I'm really looking to him and maybe Patrick to step up and expose teams that leave them unattended in the O-zone. Oskar is a force to be reckoned with along the boards.

litflyersfan

Jan 1, 2008
Image if Hextall retains 50% on Simmonds contract. The return on Simmonds would blow away the return Boston got for Lucic. Remember Boston retained on Lucic and his AVV was about the same as Simmonds unretained cap hit at the time of that trade. Hopefully, Lindblom’s trial run down the stretch here convinces Hextall he should at least explore trade options for Simmonds this offseason. Could be the final boast the prospect pool (I believe at last year’s draft was called Murder’s Row) needs to truly separate itself from other pool’s in the league.

Reactions: hatcher

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Extremely.

Hopefully this is the same as Ghost's situation. Only got called up because Streit got hurt but then never left again.

Member Streit? I thought the pair of us were going to die of frustration watching him lumber around with his exploding pelvis.

giphy.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Lucic didn't get as much as advertised, 1st rd pick, backup goalie and 3rd pair defenseman.
The fact they flipped the goalie for great value was a plus, but that was serendipity.
At the time Jones was a 25 year old former UDFA who had started 29 games in two years in LA.
He played well in 3+ AHL seasons, but the fact he wasn't promoted until his 4th AHL season says he wasn't highly valued by LA.

Lucic was 3 years younger than Simmonds, a better ES player but not a major PP cog.
So I figure a late 1st and 3rd for Simmonds is about all we can expect on a one year rental.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Lucic didn't get as much as advertised, 1st rd pick, backup goalie and 3rd pair defenseman.
The fact they flipped the goalie for great value was a plus, but that was serendipity.
At the time Jones was a 25 year old former UDFA who had started 29 games in two years in LA.
He played well in 3+ AHL seasons, but the fact he wasn't promoted until his 4th AHL season says he wasn't highly valued by LA.

Lucic was 3 years younger than Simmonds, a better ES player but not a major PP cog.
So I figure a late 1st and 3rd for Simmonds is about all we can expect on a one year rental.
I think they can do better than that. Lucic was coming off his worst season by a good margin when he got traded, having scored only 18 goals the year before and only cracking 20 goals three times in his carrer at that point (and he was already on a contract making more than Simmer is making right now). By comparison, if Simmer is traded at the draft he could very well be coming off of his third straight 30 goal season having not scored below 28 goals since before the lockout.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Simmonds is elite on the PP as well. He should get more then Lucic. Back to topic though I am excited to watch how he and Laughton work out together!

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
I member

That ancient bag of bones couldn't keep a puck in at the blueline if his life depended on it.
he may very well have been the worst in league history at that particular skill....he was astoundingly bad. he couldnt get a piece...just a ****ing complete whiff every time. im getting pissed off just thinking about it. so glad hes gone.

Reactions: Striiker

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
he may very well have been the worst in league history at that particular skill....he was astoundingly bad. he couldnt get a piece...just a ****ing complete whiff every time. im getting pissed off just thinking about it. so glad hes gone.

Was Provorov traded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad