Rumor: Parayko to the Leafs

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
There are some teams that have been known to drop their pants and over pay when it comes to UFA's, NYR and Shattenkirk come immediately to mind. Bergevin is rumored to be on his last of his 9 lives in Montreal, he might make a desperate move to save his job. Never underestimate the tunnel vision of a GM who has his job on the line.
time will tell but i know i am right

dead cap now and some say for a few more years 2/3y?

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
STL at 7M for 8 years for quite some time and Petro has not signed yet ... STL needs some time to download either Bozie or Schwartz to make it work out ... but everyone wants it to happen so it will get done I'm sure ... Petro is team leader and cap ... his wife had triplets and she lives close to her mom and home is all setup for da kids ... I like every Leaf fan wants it to happen with us but like Stammer it is not gonna occur ... da wives have too big an influence over these decisions ... family much more important than hockey
Lets see if all those Stloo riots/murders and arson change anything , plus their Covid issues.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Yeah, I think he is gone too, I don't get the hate when it comes to Dermott, he's a young 5/6 dman, learning the game, for a low cap hit.
It is history of Leaf fans for 60 years ... kid defenders make mistakes and fans jump all over it ... it is not just an issue of SKILL ... people see Dermy and they go wow that kid can fly and has decent hands why doe she F8ck up so often ... and then they get down on a kid before he learns how to pee ... a winger makes a mistake and no one even sees it ... it is why it is much easier to come up and play wing right away as a kid

Reactions: Bluelines

Duckrider

Oct 6, 2015
Yeah, I think he is gone too, I don't get the hate when it comes to Dermott, he's a young 5/6 dman, learning the game, for a low cap hit.

I'm with you on this. Dermott in no way is over paid considering he is still very young. But.... this organization is so stuck on this rt hand player playing rt side stuff is wrong concerning him. He played his best in the OHL playing the RT side! This forcing round peg into square hole thing could very well be the reason we only see flashes.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
nothing to do with hate,,we can Only protect 3 D next summer to Seattle

so decisions need to be made now regarding that

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I'm with you on this. Dermott in no way is over paid considering he is still very young. But.... this organization is so stuck on this rt hand player playing rt side stuff is wrong concerning him. He played his best in the OHL playing the RT side! This forcing round peg into square hole thing could very well be the reason we only see flashes.
He skated with Rielly during cOVID camp on right side and apparently looked good ... but reality is another mistake for Leafs to move him up there to line 1 ... he needs a couple years on 2nd line with Muzzy
Get someone to play with Rielly and get someone to play 3rd pair with sandin and keep Holl as your 7th man where he belongs

Papi 4 Hart

Nov 9, 2018
No way we get parayko without moving Nylander. They could use an offensive player like Willy and it would be a good trade for both teams with both guys under contract. Good 1 for 1 swap and allows them and then they can commit to Petriangelo.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
No way we get parayko without moving Nylander. They could use an offensive player like Willy and it would be a good trade for both teams with both guys under contract. Good 1 for 1 swap and allows them and then they can commit to Petriangelo.
lets see how desperate they are to open cap room for AP before , we think they would take Nylanders cap hit

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017

They have less than $2M in cap space as it is. A 1 for 1 would be an overpayment for us, and would almost guarantee that they couldn't sign Pietro.

They would he looking for futures to free up cap space in any deal.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

With only a couple years of term on his contract I don't think the Blues would get a young core player in return, unless they too were only signed for a year or two.

If they decide to trade him it'll probably be for a futures package otherwise they'd just keep him

Reactions: Bluelines

Falon

May 21, 2004
Kitchener, Ontario
They have less than $2M in cap space as it is. A 1 for 1 would be an overpayment for us, and would almost guarantee that they couldn't sign Pietro.

They would he looking for futures to free up cap space in any deal.

No they wouldn't. They'd be looking for someone to take Steen or Bozak as well as Parayko. Cap dump would have to be involved. They also need to sign Dunn.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
No they wouldn't. They'd be looking for someone to take Steen or Bozak as well as Parayko. Cap dump would have to be involved. They also need to sign Dunn.

If they want to dispose of Bozak and Steen, they'll need to find a fat cat to foot the bill who has the cap space to accommodate. And they should be prepared to send out some firsts also.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
you are dead wrong,,,dead cap world,,watch and see

It'll be interesting to see...I'm looking forward to see how much these UFAs are going to get...I know Barrie is not getting $8 million per though...:laugh:

Papi 4 Hart

Nov 9, 2018
With only a couple years of term on his contract I don't think the Blues would get a young core player in return, unless they too were only signed for a year or two.

If they decide to trade him it'll probably be for a futures package otherwise they'd just keep him

They would move Steen, Faulk and Allen to make space. They have options. Let's get a little more creative here boys.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
They would move Steen, Faulk and Allen to make space. They have options. Let's get a little more creative here boys.

They can move those guys to make space (at a cost to them) , but that doesn't mean another team is going to trade a core young player for just 2 years of him.

He'd get moved for a guy in a similar contract situation or a package.

Reactions: Superstar

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008

Not every team is the Toronto Maples who will put players on Robidas Isle or eat up their money by putting them on LTIR...but hey, if they want the Leafs to do them that favour, they could throw Parayko our way and in addition to Johnsson, we'll give them the GOAT...a big guy for big guy swap...I don't think Faulk is going anywhere though, as they recently locked him up to 7 year deal.

Reactions: ToneDog

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If it was my day job, it would actually be interesting to map out all the cap commitments per team next year and figure out what the cap space is for the entire league vs free agents yet to sign, and overlay that to teams that need to shed salary. I would guess there’s probably not a lot of teams that can accommodate ineffective contracts like Bozak and Steen.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

But you also have to consider:

Good rich teams are spending to the cap in most cases and probably have salary to shed themselves.

Bad rich teams are going to be in rebuilding mode and don’t need to pay for Allen, Steen and Bozak without an incentive.

Good poor teams with cap space are not going to be onboarding massive salaries for mediocre players.

Poor bad teams are not going to be taking on salaries and will likely be offloading salaries if not standing pat.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Not every team is the Toronto Maples who will put players on Robidas Isle or eat up their money by putting them on LTIR...but hey, if they want the Leafs to do them that favour, they could throw Parayko our way and in addition to Johnsson, we'll give them the GOAT...a big guy for big guy swap...I don't think Faulk is going anywhere though, as they recently locked him up to 7 year deal.
They could buy out Allen and Bozzo. Not sure how the cap works for buyouts.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Faulk has a full NTC. Wonder what Armstrong was thinking when he signed hombto that deal. YIKES.

Maybe Armstrong had ideas to trade Parayko to the Leafs awhile ago when he traded for Faulk then locked him up long term...:naughty:

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019

Parayko is 27 and only under 2 years of control.

Moving Willy for him is hugely risky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad