Rumor: Parayko to the Leafs

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Parayko is 27 and only under 2 years of control.

Moving Willy for him is hugely risky.

If we are moving Nylander, it should be to make a play for Alex P. I think you have to find another path forward unless he somehow finds a taker for Nylander and his cap hit (without taking much back). Good luck, few teams are going to take on cap in the Covid-19 era.

Reactions: hullsy47

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
If these were the only options, would St.Louis rather sign Pietrangelo and deal Parayko OR let Pietrangelo go and keep Parayko and use the cap space elsewhere?

And if Parayko was on the trade block (which I don’t believe) would they prefer a deal involving Nylander or a deal revolving around youth and futures (Johnsson + SDA + Liljegren +15th overall) ?

Reactions: Rogue Leader

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If these were the only options, would St.Louis rather sign Pietrangelo and deal Parayko OR let Pietrangelo go and keep Parayko and use the cap space elsewhere?

And if Parayko was on the trade block (which I don’t believe) would they prefer a deal involving Nylander or a deal revolving around youth and futures (Johnsson + SDA + Liljegren +15th overall) ?

How would a "cap clearing" trade between Parayko and Nylander work if Nylander makes more money than Parayko?

HC7

May 2, 2018
This isn't a rumour. It's bullshit. Where the source? This should've been locked a minute after it was posted.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
This isn't a rumour. It's bullshit. Where the source? This should've been locked a minute after it was posted.

The only thing that is clear is that you don't understand the definition of the word rumor...
Definition of rumor

1: talk or opinion widely disseminated with no discernible source
2: a statement or report current without known authority for its truth

3archaic : talk or report of a notable person or event
4: a soft low indistinct sound : MURMUR

Definition of RUMOR

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
This will be Nylander involved.

What do we need Nylander for? We would absolutely need D help, having lost our entire shutdown D pairing over the course of a year. And if we moved Parayko, which is incredibly unlikely but I know you guys just can't help yourselves, it would have to create cap space to retain Petro otherwise our D is scorched earth. So we add salary and don't address D, in order to get a winger which would be a luxury. That would be a nightmare.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
If we are moving Nylander, it should be to make a play for Alex P. I think you have to find another path forward unless he somehow finds a taker for Nylander and his cap hit (without taking much back). Good luck, few teams are going to take on cap in the Covid-19 era.
Why exactly would we get rid of 30 goal scorers entering their prime in order to make room for a guy leaving his prime?

Reactions: Tak7 and Walshy7

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
How would a "cap clearing" trade between Parayko and Nylander work if Nylander makes more money than Parayko?
Well, from what I hear, Tarasenko is going to be out long term and St.Louis is in need of replacing his offence. So, I assume the cap clearing will be happening via other trades. Parayko for Nylander is close cap wise. Only off by approximately 1.4 mil.

Last edited:

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Well, from what I hear, Tarasenko is going to be out long term and St.Louis is in need of replacing his offence. So, I assume the cap clearing will be happening via other trades. Parayko for Nylander is close cap wise. Only off by approximately 1.4 mil.
O'Reilly and Parayko are the only guys making any real money that do not have NT/NMC's. They only have about $2M to spend to begin with.

It's going to be extremely tough for them to move salary. Honestly I would just let them struggle and lose Pietro unless they give us a huge bargain on Parayko.

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
What do we need Nylander for? We would absolutely need D help, having lost our entire shutdown D pairing over the course of a year. And if we moved Parayko, which is incredibly unlikely but I know you guys just can't help yourselves, it would have to create cap space to retain Petro otherwise our D is scorched earth. So we add salary and don't address D, in order to get a winger which would be a luxury. That would be a nightmare.

What I was trying to get at, which completely escaped you, was that it would require a quality piece in return to start the conversation.Nothing else.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
What I was trying to get at, which completely escaped you, was that it would require a quality piece in return to start the conversation.Nothing else.

It completely escaped me because that is not at all what you said. What you said here I agree with, but Nylander I don't at all.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
If Tarasenko is out long term, won’t that help the Blues cap?

Cotton

May 13, 2013

In the short term, but I think they would be in a pickle when he’s ready to come back because they would be a Tarasenko above the cap.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
In the short term, but I think they would be in a pickle when he’s ready to come back because they would be a Tarasenko above the cap.
Thanks. Thought I saw somewhere he could be out for the season.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

Temporarily, yeah.

But any relief they get by having him on LTIR until hypothetically, January, they lose when he's healthy and ready to return.

They could conceivably spend right through his $7.5M cap hit (similar to what the Leafs were doing with Horton, Clarkson, Lupul, Robidas, etc)., but once he returned they'd basically have to move player(s) out to free up that cap hit. We know how hard money is to move in this league.

Reactions: ACC1224

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Not even EA sports would make that deal

It would be Armstrongs last day as a GM

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
If only. A standard remains and a supplement seems to have been championed over the standard. Looking for consistency here, and not disagreeing that HFBoards may use a different definition, but the member's discrepancy isn't invalid.

Does HFBoards have language defining their use of the word rumor? I don't know and would be interested to read it.

• Links and Sources - All rumors, confirmed transactions, and articles require links to be posted on the Trades Board. If one of these is posted without a link, it will be closed until one is provided. Please be very careful about what your source is. There are hundreds of fake Twitter accounts that will post fake tweets as true - do not post these here. We have a list of vetted sources that can break news - be sure any kind of confirmation is from one of those sources

No source at all was provided, and as per first mod post in the thread none have been given.

likely mods kept it up because there is nothing else to talk about, but doesn’t mean those who visit the boards less frequently need to be tricked into clicking yet another garbage trade proposal disguising as a “rumor”

Reactions: TML Dynasty

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
STL owner wants to win ... he does not care about da $$$ he writes big cheques to win ... they will front load Petrol to make it work ... they will unload Bozie or Schartz to make CAP work ... only thing left is final negotiations

Reactions: ToneDog

Duckrider

Oct 6, 2015
No way we get parayko without moving Nylander. They could use an offensive player like Willy and it would be a good trade for both teams with both guys under contract. Good 1 for 1 swap and allows them and then they can commit to Petriangelo.

We would need more, Nylander is a first line winger, Parayko is not that first pairing defence.

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
STL owner wants to win ... he does not care about da $$$ he writes big cheques to win ... they will front load Petrol to make it work ... they will unload Bozie or Schartz to make CAP work ... only thing left is final negotiations
Yeah you’re probably right. To do so he may have to take 50 cents on the dollar though. I hope Dubas can show him he doesn’t need to and offer a good trade. As far fetched as it is Im sucked into this thread daily and would really like to see him on the leafs

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Duckrider

Oct 6, 2015
No source at all was provided, and as per first mod post in the thread none have been given.

likely mods kept it up because there is nothing else to talk about, but doesn’t mean those who visit the boards less frequently need to be tricked into clicking yet another garbage trade proposal disguising as a “rumor”

I'm reading through this thread and I see people talking hockey all getting along and then you? You sound as if you are going to take you ball home now?

Reactions: Drew311

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad