Rumor: Parayko to the Leafs

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
I am not falling for anything, I am saying your statement he is no better than Eklund simply isn't true.w

I have a better track record than Eklund everybody does, he hasn't gotten anything in nearly a decade

I feel you're hung up on the wrong thing here. It's not about who is more unreliable: neither one of them are reliable sources.

This is the same guy who had a "Mr. X" who told him Stamkos was signing with the Leafs.

His website steals from NHLtraderumours.me, another unreliable source.

His entire thing is to attract people to his website and radio show. It's monetized attention seeking.

Stop legitimizing him.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
no leafs prospect aren't permitted to have an injury.

has to be something else.

blues should have dumped parayko when wasn't in the nhl at 21.
Leafs are allowed to have an injury but might want to keep it under wraps to facilitate an already planned trade for a defenseman named parayko:naughty:

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
If there’s any truth to this rumour, I’m not sure why so many folks think it’s not a pretty fair offer. Yes Parayko>>>>>>>>AJ, but add Lily, a 15th pick in a deep draft + 2 mil in cap savings for Stl, for only 2 years of Parayko and I really don’t think the offer needs to be much better.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
If there’s any truth to this rumour, I’m not sure why so many folks think it’s not a pretty fair offer. Yes Parayko>>>>>>>>AJ, but add Lily, a 15th pick in a deep draft + 2 mil in cap savings for Stl, for only 2 years of Parayko and I really don’t think the offer needs to be much better.

Yep, I think it's a decent package for him, not like we're getting Bobby Orr in his prime. Whether St. Louis keeps Parayko or we get him, he's going to get a big raise in 2 years...he's going to be expensive to keep down the road.

Reactions: glue

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
Yep, I think it's a decent package for him, not like we're getting Bobby Orr in his prime. Whether St. Louis keeps Parayko or we get him, he's going to get a big raise in 2 years...he's going to be expensive to keep down the road.
Unless he comes to Toronto and tanks his value.
Think there’s any worry of that around the league after watching Barrie?

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Especially when they're moving him to keep AP. So the deal also allows them to re-sign their best player.

Reactions: glue

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Unless he comes to Toronto and tanks his value.
Think there’s any worry of that around the league after watching Barrie?

Barrie and Parayko are quite different. The former is better offensively and the latter defensively. Barrie still led the defence...with 39 points. Rough year for him; especially so for the blueline in general. Injuries definitely played their part in that.

Reactions: TML Dynasty

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Honestly, reading all of this, as much as I think Parayko is awesome, with 2 years until UFA and the cost (rightfully so) to acquire, really wondering if we aren't better off chasing Pietro as a UFA if he is available...........

Or going after someone like Manson who is a level below but should be more easily attainable. Parayko is shooting for the stars, no doubt!

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Honestly, reading all of this, as much as I think Parayko is awesome, with 2 years until UFA and the cost (rightfully so) to acquire, really wondering if we aren't better off chasing Pietro as a UFA if he is available...........

Or going after someone like Manson who is a level below but should be more easily attainable. Parayko is shooting for the stars, no doubt!
I agree with this. In 2 years time, we would be looking to re-up Morgan Rielly too. I would much rather just go for Manson at a much lesser cost and give Lilly a shot full time. We've groomed the kid to be an NHL player and I think it's time we see what we've got.

Rielly - Manson
Muzzin - Lehtonen
Sandin - Lilly

Out with Dermott and Holl. Holl can fetch us probably a 3rd or 4th rounder. Dermott I'd expect hopefully a 2nd and a decent prospect.

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
I agree with this. In 2 years time, we would be looking to re-up Morgan Rielly too. I would much rather just go for Manson at a much lesser cost and give Lilly a shot full time. We've groomed the kid to be an NHL player and I think it's time we see what we've got.

Rielly - Manson
Muzzin - Lehtonen
Sandin - Lilly

Out with Dermott and Holl. Holl can fetch us probably a 3rd or 4th rounder. Dermott I'd expect hopefully a 2nd and a decent prospect.
While it would be nice to see what we've got in Lilly, those D pairs are a recipe for disaster. No way 3 rookies get you a sniff at the playoffs.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
While it would be nice to see what we've got in Lilly, those D pairs are a recipe for disaster. No way 3 rookies get you a sniff at the playoffs.
We are cap strapped next year and I think all of Lehtonen, Lilly and Sandin are better options than Holl. Dermott is a good option too but I think he's a cap casualty. I don't think we have many options here.

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
We are cap strapped next year and I think all of Lehtonen, Lilly and Sandin are better options than Holl. Dermott is a good option too but I think he's a cap casualty. I don't think we have many options here.
While I think that Holl/Dermott may be traded, Dubas needs to bring someone in to play the right side. I don't think he's nearly done wheeling and dealing. It wouldn't surprise me if he packages Lilly as part of a bigger deal.

Reactions: TML Dynasty

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

I think Dermott or Holl are gone in the expansion draft.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
The Blues may get more from another team for Parayko, but too many who think it's a ridiculous underpayment by the Leafs are making the common mistake of measuring the value based solely on the players without considering the contracts.

- The Blues get 3+ years of Johnsson who scored 20 in his rookie year but missed a big chunk of this season due to injury. He's no "plug" but realistically his ceiling maybe ~25 goals/~50 points.
- Liljegren for 3+ years (on his ELC, so they'll keep his rights when it expires), who is a question mark in regards to his ceiling but he's only 21 and he's on a trajectory of being at least a top-6 NHL defencemen.
- The 15th pick which the Blues can keep or flip to get help elsewhere.

For two years of a big, top-4 RHD.

From the Leafs' perspective Andreas may be expendable due to his cap hit and the fact Robertson is likely ready to make the jump from junior. But what they'd be giving up in terms of the players and their term is significant; That is a decent package.

However, I do agree that the Blues may balk at Andreas due to his cap hit, so I don't see this deal likely happening as is. I'd have to believe there are other teams that can send similar value back but at a lesser cap hit.
you missed a caveat,,the 15th pick in a known deep draft

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
you are dead wrong,,,dead cap world,,watch and see

There are some teams that have been known to drop their pants and over pay when it comes to UFA's, NYR and Shattenkirk come immediately to mind. Bergevin is rumored to be on his last of his 9 lives in Montreal, he might make a desperate move to save his job. Never underestimate the tunnel vision of a GM who has his job on the line.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
you are dead wrong,,,dead cap world,,watch and see
STL at 7M for 8 years for quite some time and Petro has not signed yet ... STL needs some time to download either Bozie or Schwartz to make it work out ... but everyone wants it to happen so it will get done I'm sure ... Petro is team leader and cap ... his wife had triplets and she lives close to her mom and home is all setup for da kids ... I like every Leaf fan wants it to happen with us but like Stammer it is not gonna occur ... da wives have too big an influence over these decisions ... family much more important than hockey

Reactions: Duckrider

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad