OT: Parabola Memorial B.C. Lions Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Even Milt Stegall and the TSN Panel are saying the same thing.....Reilly can't keep taking the punishment he's taking. Typical of the Lions. They go out and break their budget under the salary cap for a QB, then can't draft, trade a sign a single O-lineman to protect him.

But it's more than the O-line. This is currently the worst tackling defense in the entire CFL. They're awful, particularly in fourth quarters. And unlike the old days, you can't launch the NFL airlift of cuts to plug the gaps. Those guys just don't exist any more. So it is what is, I guess.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Both the Whitecaps and the Lions have to be nervously looking at the bottom line...the hot weather has finally arrived, and there's lot of diversions in Metro Vancouver. Battling the traffic downtown to sit in a humidor stadium like B.C. Place to watch two mediocre pro sports teams isn't likely at the top of anyone's agenda.

And I understand the Whitecaps are just set to launch their season ticket drive for next season. Yikes!

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Why was Reilly still playing at the end of the game.

Claybrooks put your hat on straight bud.

Tackling was beyond horrendous, this team is in serious trouble.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
I'm not sure what's worse.... watching the whitecaps or the lions. Both need massive overhauls on and off the field.

can't block and can't tackle. I've seen better fundamentals in pop warner.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Where did the Lions find their rookie head coach? Is he a friend of the gm?
I think the better question is why did Jarious Jackson get extended? his play calling is trash yet lions gonna lion.

This team needs a quality president and better coaching. Oh and better talent evaluators. Pretty obvious there was a lack of import talent brought in.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I noticed there's some signboard adds on the far side of the field from the camera that are plugging an ambulance-chaser law injury law firm.

Think we could start a class-action suit for severe emotional trauma from watching this team? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
That uncomfortable cringe on Stegall's face at the question of whether the Lions' o-line would be any better by now is basically this season in a nutshell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia