OT: Parabola Memorial B.C. Lions Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Surely that had to be the most pathetic offensive performance of a Lion team playing at home in decades. I mean 69 yards in total net offense. A team in the B.C. Junior Football League could have generated more yards than that.

This team could be playing in front of family and friends by September 1st.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I was gonna come here and say "man, they haven't looked entirely bad tonight, and for once seem like they might put together a full game without embarrassing themselves."

Welp.......

It's not over, but damn if they didn't blow like a 13-14 point lead in the 4th quarter and now have to engineer a mini-miracle drive to get into FG range.

EDIT: :laugh::cry::facepalm:

3rd Sedin

Dec 15, 2010
Vancouver
Lions just find new ways to make us suffer. This team has no killer instinct. Special Teams really hurt us tonight as well.

August isn’t even halfway done and both the Lions and Caps are all but eliminated :help:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
An epitaph on the season. Lions cough up a 15 point fourth quarter team against a team playing a rookie, backup QB. This is just one god-awful football team. It's on to Winnipeg for a short-week game with the first-place Bombers....1-8 virtually automatic.

Still half a season to meaningless football ahead. I feel sorry for CFL fans in VanCity, at least the few who are still left. But I guess there's always been more interest in Seattle Seahawks anyway.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
An epitaph on the season. Lions cough up a 15 point fourth quarter team against a team playing a rookie, backup QB. This is just one god-awful football team. It's on to Winnipeg for a short-week game with the first-place Bombers....1-8 virtually automatic.

Still half a season to meaningless football ahead. I feel sorry for CFL fans in VanCity, at least the few who are still left. But I guess there's always been more interest in Seattle Seahawks anyway.

Wrong.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
That was pretty fun game to watch but the end result was a major bummer. The season is a loss at this point.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Weren't the Lions supposed to be like...good?

What a farce.
That's probably the scariest thing....the front office was preaching before the season that this edition of the Lions would be a contender. One has to assume they actually believed it. Doesn't give you much confidence about the future, does it.

TomP24684

Je m’appelle Tom
May 18, 2019

Not always more interest in the Seahawks. Just when they’re good.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
That's probably the scariest thing....the front office was preaching before the season that this edition of the Lions would be a contender. One has to assume they actually believed it. Doesn't give you much confidence about the future, does it.

Not much worse in sports than being unintentionally bad.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
So Andrew Harris set the record for Canadian with most combined yards from scrimmage. Should have been done in a Lions uniform, but Buono's stubborn ego had to get in the way.

Reactions: lindgren

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Leos now 1-8 and on track to shatter the CFL record for 'sacks allowed' in a single season. God Bless the Lions marketing guys who have to sell tickets for the remaining games at B.C. Place. They're going to have to keep the TSN cameras away from panning the stands.

Claybrooks seems like a decent man, but looks to be out of his depth as a CFL coach. Unless there's some miraculous turnaround in the last nine games, I just don't see how they can bring him back.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Lions have jumped out to an early lead vs Ottawa (I'm not watching yet because the Jays game is in extras). Let's see how they can **** this up! :laugh: (I laugh so I don't cry)

3rd Sedin

Dec 15, 2010
Vancouver
Fun game to be at last night!

Empty stadium but I thought the people that were there actually created one of the better atmospheres of the season.

Reilly looked a lot more comfortable after having both an early lead and extra time in the pocket for the majority of the game.

Sad to see how far Jennings has fallen as a QB.

Would be really nice to see BC build on this. They don’t need to scorch the earth but if they could win three or four more games to end the season it’ll help build something for nest season.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad