OT: Parabola Memorial B.C. Lions Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Yeah these guys aren't getting another dime out of me this year. The attendance is going to continue to tank.
if this shitty product continues much longer I expect attendance to fall to argo levels.

Lions are well on their way to losing another generation of fans.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The whole offence has been inept, but Duron Carter seems exceptionally disappointing. He hasn't been the same since he was with the Riders.

how long before he or his dad request a trade?

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
This team is really bad ......

Yikes
really poorly coached as well. Played like ass all 1st half and make no adjustments at half time. allowed the other team to come out and score two easy touchdowns and put the game out of reach.

Team needs to make drastic changes between coaching/roster changes. What was displayed tonight (and all year for that matter) isn't anywhere close to good enough. Eskimos are an average team but the lions look like pop warner in comparison.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Wow!....the stadium looked completely empty with a quarter and a half left....I really worry about CFL football in Vancouver. Not a great team; disenchanted fans; and a marketplace that appears to have totally lost interest.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Depressing. Entire team completely outclassed on both sides of the ball. Riley is the latest QB they can't protect...what was that, 6 sacks? 7? Lost interest around the opening of the 4th quarter so I might have missed a few. Who the hell was on the O line tonight? 5 Markus Granlund clones? WTF, man. Secondary was swiss cheese, receivers can't catch a ball, team constantly shoots itself in the foot with penalties...

The Claybrooks era is not off to an auspicious start.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Wow!....the stadium looked completely empty with a quarter and a half left....I really worry about CFL football in Vancouver. Not a great team; disenchanted fans; and a marketplace that appears to have totally lost interest.

Apathy has firmly set in. And apathy is way worse than anger.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
As much as people were growing tired with Wally, he kept his teams to a high standard and would have corrected these issues by now imo. Big loss for the organization.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
If you told me the O-line was going to be worse after bringing in Boyko and Chungh, I'd have thought you were high.

Was thinking of picking up a couple of 3-packs but now I'd rather just drop $200 USD each on tickets for the Apple Cup in Seattle. (Washington vs Washington State)

forget

Jul 6, 2019
The team is shit but my friend live streamed me him eating the outrageous burger so I got some entertainment out of BC Place tonight.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Offence looks pretty good against, they are pushing it down the Riders field a couple times already in the 1st half but can't get a TD.

Looks like they are using some different formations. They had a fullback, Mackie, and Cottoy motion around the offensive line to protect Reilly.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Lions need to improve their run defence, 4 man rush gets 0 pressure and the linebackers are not even close to the level of Elimimian or Bighill. The Riders RB always get into the secondary because the front can't hold their ground. The secondary has a tough enough job covering/tackling WRs, they don't need to be tackling RBs every possession as well.

This roster has some good players, they need more than Odell upfront though. Edmonton, Hamilton, Saskatchewan have at least 4-5 players with as many sacks as our first two. Claybrooks is a former DL, I expected a better pass rush than this, but then again other teams can run against us all day.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Can say the same about the Whitecaps.

Not a great moment to be a Vancouver sports fan. Even the Vancouver Canadians are struggling right now.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
At this rate Mike Reilly won't last half the season....with the punishment he's taking, it's only a matter of time. And I couldn't even tell you who the backup quarterback for the B.C. Lions. Not that it'll matter, because behind that offensive line, a Hall of Fame QB would be running for his life.

We're already into 'next year' territory for this inept Lions team. Bring on the hockey season.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
It's not looking good. They better turn things around soon or the season will be a loss.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Weren’t the Lions suppose to be much better than last year?? Serious question as I thought all the pundits said so.

They actually look worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad