Speculation: Panthers trade deadline rumours/general trade talk (Bobrovsky, Panarin, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
If we risk a younger goalie the chance that it works is very small. It's a crap shoot.

And by the time that experiment is over great deals with Barky etc. are finished and there won't be a chance to get a proven, two time Vezina winner because we won't have the cap. Even if one would be available and willing to come here.

I'll take the suffering from the last two-three years of Bob's contract so that I can see this team go somewhere for once.

Anakinsky

Dec 21, 2018
If we risk a younger goalie the chance that it works is very small. It's a crap shoot.

And by the time that experiment is over great deals with Barky etc. are finished and there won't be a chance to get a proven, two time Vezina winner because we won't have the cap. Even if one would be available and willing to come here.

I'll take the suffering from the last two-three years of Bob's contract so that I can see this team go somewhere for once.

Valid points. I did not really think about barky and the others in play. I do suppose if we do not do something to assist them, they will be looking elsewhere too.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
And lose cuz Bobby Lu sucks?

Makes sense...
Guess you havent seen Bob in the playoffs :laugh:

giphy.gif

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
I think Tallon does whatever is necessary to get Panarin. He is an elite player who has an interest in coming here and still only 27 years old. That doesn't ever come on the market. We are rightfully putting ourselves in position to get that. Would be a game changer and the fact that it appears we actually have a good shot at it should make everyone excited, even if the contract is a ridiculous number.

How do we know that Panarin wants to come to Fl? Everything I read before the season advised he wanted to go to a big market team.

Still concerned about signing a goalie to a long term deal. Bob did not adjust well to the smaller equipment this season, although he has turned it around recently.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
How do we know that Panarin wants to come to Fl? Everything I read before the season advised he wanted to go to a big market team.

Still concerned about signing a goalie to a long term deal. Bob did not adjust well to the smaller equipment this season, although he has turned it around recently.

It's not the equipment. He doesnt want to be there.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Just do it. Who cares how it turns out, take a chance for once, a gamble that’s worth it. Or what? We jeopardize “the future”? There is no future, there never is. We’re in year 9 of this rebuild, Barkov is down to 3yrs remaining before his pay day, and we still suck. We’ve always sucked. Gambling now won’t change anything except we might actually turn out decent for once

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I will say what I've said before. I follow the Panthers lease situation closely. I have no idea if 2023 will be the last year this franchise exists. But it's fair to think there's a decent chance of this. Bobrovsky from ages 31-35 should be fine. Worry about the 2nd half of that deal when (if) the time comes to worry.

So many people are going to be disappointed when Bob lays an egg here, and we reminisce about the days with Reimer and his manageable contract!
Bobrovsky has been the definition of a cancerous teammate in CBJ this year and completely disgruntled and he's still playing better than Reimer this year lol

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I will say what I've said before. I follow the Panthers lease situation closely. I have no idea if 2023 will be the last year this franchise exists. But it's fair to think there's a decent chance of this. Bobrovsky from ages 31-35 should be fine. Worry about the 2nd half of that deal when (if) the time comes to worry.

Bobrovsky has been the definition of a cancerous teammate in CBJ this year and completely disgruntled and he's still playing better than Reimer this year lol

Yeah, but that wasn't my point. People really misinterpreting me lol. Paying Bob $10m+ for being shit is going to be worse than paying Reimer $3.5m for being shit. Because moving Reimer/buying out that contract is a lot easier! Hey, I hope I'm wrong and Bob plays great here. I have my doubts. He'll come here and post mediocre numbers, and we still miss the playoffs. But because of his giant contract, we're limited in improving the team in other areas.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

What I remember is that Panarin wants to be in a big city with exciting night life. i.e. Miami

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Bobrovsky is not getting 10M in Florida. I dont want to gaurantee it, but it isnt happening.

8 yes...maybe. Not 10. He doesnt want to be in Columbus. Obviously he will say all the scary shit to make sure they get rid of him.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Yeah, but that wasn't my point. People really misinterpreting me lol. Paying Bob $10m+ for being **** is going to be worse than paying Reimer $3.5m for being ****. Because moving Reimer/buying out that contract is a lot easier! Hey, I hope I'm wrong and Bob plays great here. I have my doubts. He'll come here and post mediocre numbers, and we still miss the playoffs. But because of his giant contract, we're limited in improving the team in other areas.

Bob is having a bad year by his standards but if you can't take a risk on a two time Vezina winner then you'll never take one.

If that's the hill this team dies on then so be it.

Reactions: jvr32

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010

it's all but confirmed that the Panthers are on his list. The only thing holding it back is the words coming out of his mouth saying he'd play for the Panthers. The question is whether the Panthers can win a recruiting battle for his services.

goCatsgo4

Jul 5, 2015
Florida
Just do it. Who cares how it turns out, take a chance for once, a gamble that’s worth it. Or what? We jeopardize “the future”? There is no future, there never is. We’re in year 9 of this rebuild, Barkov is down to 3yrs remaining before his pay day, and we still suck. We’ve always sucked. Gambling now won’t change anything except we might actually turn out decent for once
This.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
I know Panarin is elite et Bob can be. But Am I the only one to be a little bit concerned about the fact that one wants to be the best paid goalie in the league and the other wants to play in a big citie with nice nightlife...?

I know we're the Florida Panthers and we don't have much to offer other than money and the beach lol . But we're talking about changing the culture of this organization. Are they the kind of players, or persons I should say, that we really need?

Reactions: I am not exposed

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
One thing to remember with the goalie situation.
While Luongo cap hit is higher he will only be making 1-1,3M$ per season the last 3 years of his contract.
That is great for a backup.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I know Panarin is elite et Bob can be. But Am I the only one to be a little bit concerned about the fact that one wants to be the best paid goalie in the league and the other wants to play in a big citie with nice nightlife...?

I know we're the Florida Panthers and we don't have much to offer other than money and the beach lol . But we're talking about changing the culture of this organization. Are they the kind of players, or persons I should say, that we really need?

Yes. Go big or go home. If we don't, we will continue to be mediocre. The East is gonna be better next season too. Look at how Philly is playing, they'll be in the mix next year. Hart will have more experience. The Sabres should improve. The Canes will be right there again.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
One thing to remember with the goalie situation.
While Luongo cap hit is higher he will only be making 1-1,3M$ per season the last 3 years of his contract.
That is great for a backup.
Sure, but having 12 to 14M in cap space allocated to goaltenders is how you have big holes in your lineup. That would be more than any team in the league, by far.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Sure, but having 12 to 14M in cap space allocated to goaltenders is how you have big holes in your lineup. That would be more than any team in the league, by far.
Barkov, Trocheck, and Huberdeau are all signed to deals well-below market value. The money evens-out.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I don't know if Panarin wants to play for the Panthers. We're a crap franchise, and if you want to win, you probably don't want to come here. But South Florida has been a pretty appealing destination for Russian investors and emigrants for a while now. Also the lack of state income tax makes Florida really appealing for pro athletes looking to get more value out of their contracts.

So I would just assume -- if he thinks the roster around him will be good enough to compete -- that we'd be on his list of desired destinations. For that reason I think they will also swing hard for Bobrovsky. If you can sell him on being a key cog in a very good forwards group and show him a much improved goaltending situation, he could buy into that.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
If you look throughout Bobrovsky’s career, he’s had a couple of similar slump years just like this one and then was able to bounce back to his elite self for a few years. I don’t think he’s fallen off all of a sudden.

Long expensive contract going into his late 30’s is what scares me. If we could get him for 4-5 even 6 to seal the deal that’d be amazing.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
I don't know if Panarin wants to play for the Panthers. We're a crap franchise, and if you want to win, you probably don't want to come here. But South Florida has been a pretty appealing destination for Russian investors and emigrants for a while now. Also the lack of state income tax makes Florida really appealing for pro athletes looking to get more value out of their contracts.

So I would just assume -- if he thinks the roster around him will be good enough to compete -- that we'd be on his list of desired destinations. For that reason I think they will also swing hard for Bobrovsky. If you can sell him on being a key cog in a very good forwards group and show him a much improved goaltending situation, he could buy into that.

Or he goes like:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad