Speculation: Panthers trade deadline rumours/general trade talk (Bobrovsky, Panarin, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I just can’t immediately agree and jump in jubilation with those who’re eager to
- trade Hoff
- trade Brass
- spend up the woo on Bob
- spend more on Pan

That just doesn’t sound like good money management when we really really also need a stellar D.

I’d let Panarin find a cozy home somewhere else. I’d keep Hoff and Brass, go after Bob with 6-yr contract, and get one D man who’s in a situation where exit and new start would be best. Ducks/Kings/Wild/Canes?

Tranq

Dec 13, 2008
I found this on the Columbus board.

"Panarin shot down the suggestion that Bobrovsky and Panarin — now working with the same agent — would be a package deal as free agents this coming summer.
“Interesting situation,” Panarin said. “I really like (Bobrovsky) and we’re big friends right now. But we have two different lives.”

Artemi Panarin, in first English interview, smiles, jokes...

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I found this on the Columbus board.

"Panarin shot down the suggestion that Bobrovsky and Panarin — now working with the same agent — would be a package deal as free agents this coming summer.
“Interesting situation,” Panarin said. “I really like (Bobrovsky) and we’re big friends right now. But we have two different lives.”

Artemi Panarin, in first English interview, smiles, jokes...
He didn’t really shoot it down. Just didn’t commit to it.

Reactions: Vilam

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Even if we get Breadman, do not trade Hoff or Dads. Dump some of the others like Reimer, get Luongo to retire or play him 3 more games and he will break in half and go LTIR, and trade Malgin and Scevior.

Bring back Sheahan or Brassard for 2.3 and bring up Tippet and Lammikko and keep Jayce in the lineup

Reactions: Vilam and Bure1096

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Even if we get Breadman, do not trade Hoff or Dads. Dump some of the others like Reimer, get Luongo to retire or play him 3 more games and he will break in half and go LTIR, and trade Malgin and Scevior.

Bring back Sheahan or Brassard for 2.3 and bring up Tippet and Lammikko and keep Jayce in the lineup

If Bread is demanding top of the line dolla's for his services, Dale should acquire Stone at the rumored $9mil per price tag. Besides I don't think that the team needs couple of extra goals at $11mil per so Stone would be my first choice anyhow. Hubs-Barkov-Dadonov;Hoffman-Troch-Stone. At $9mil per for Stone, Dale should have no trouble signing both Hoff and Dads for extension contracts if Lu retires before that and goat lending costs are like $6mil per. Bob can go to the Isles or Canes, Dale shouldn't spend like $16mil on goat lending.

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida

I think trading Sceviour would be a mistake. We need his grit & experience on that bottom 6 after losing McCann & McGinn and also love that Sceviour chips in goals from bottom 6 as well. His price tag is only 1.2mil per, rather have him on bottom 6 and not have all of them with only like 50-60 games or less under their belts.

Well, and keep Sheehan. Trade Brassard for picks

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I just can’t immediately agree and jump in jubilation with those who’re eager to
- trade Hoff
- trade Brass
- spend up the woo on Bob
- spend more on Pan

That just doesn’t sound like good money management when we really really also need a stellar D.

I’d let Panarin find a cozy home somewhere else. I’d keep Hoff and Brass, go after Bob with 6-yr contract, and get one D man who’s in a situation where exit and new start would be best. Ducks/Kings/Wild/Canes?
If you sign Panarin, who is much better than Hoffman, you can move Hoffman for D.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
It’s fine to say that Panarin > Hoffman, because it’s true.

But that is just not the right question. Or, it’s an incomplete comparison.

When you’re looking for who to fit under the salary cap, you have to look at performance per dollar. Hoff right now is at $5.6, for another year. What will he get afte that? $7.5?

What will Panarin cost? $11? Is Panarin almost 50% better/more important to have? If you get him, what’s the opportunity cost? Will you have to pass up on a preferred goalie or dman?

My gut says Hoff has found a new lease on his hockey career. As has Brass. I would really hesitate to trade those two. I’d part with picks or prospects before those two.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

When you’re looking for who to fit under the salary cap, you have to look at performance per dollar. Hoff right now is at $5.6, for another year. What will he get afte that? $7.5?

What will Panarin cost? $11? Is Panarin almost 50% better/more important to have? If you get him, what’s the opportunity cost? Will you have to pass up on a preferred goalie or dman?

My gut says Hoff has found a new lease on his hockey career. As has Brass. I would really hesitate to trade those two. I’d part with picks or prospects before those two.

I don't think we give Panarin 11. Not in Florida.

If that's what he wants elsewhere, getting 9.5 is just about the same as 11.

Hoffman isnt getting 7.5 from Florida either.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

Goal scoring hasn't been the issue at all with the Cats but somehow the narrative remains that the Cats need to bulk up on goal scoring ability. Basically by allocating circa $20mil per season on one-dimensional Bread and goat lending department, it really puts a lot of pressure on putting a team on the ice rather than like ten NHLers and a bunch of AHLers. The latest of example of this model is ofc the Maple Laughs when Dubas just gutted their cap structure and prospect pool i.e. cheap ELCs in order to compete now (typical corporation fiscal quarter-approach). If there's like five Panarins on the FA market and the brain dead slogan is that "you can't leave that kind of talent in to the market no matter what the cost is!!", it begs the question of is really worth it? Most of you "Bread > Hoff"s seem to forget that this is a cap world. Bread is a great player 'n all that good stuff but where's justification to spend like $4mil extra? Are those five extra goals worth almost one million a piece?

Reactions: I am not exposed

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I don't think we give Panarin 11. Not in Florida.

If that's what he wants elsewhere, getting 9.5 is just about the same as 11.

Hoffman isnt getting 7.5 from Florida either.

Bread is going to have to settle with Kuch-money (probably even less imo.) or otherwise he can head to Long Island.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
i expect bob at this point, but im not so sure we get both. theres no way we trade for panarin at the deadline if he wants to test ufa that badly. we can sign him there for free if needed, but we're not going to hand over the assets that they could get from a contender (1st + high end prospect + more). i still think a 2nd or 1st along with brassard, reimer, and another pick or prospect can get bob.

as much as id want panarin, he'll cost a fortune and would probably mean we're getting rid of hoffman, if not this season then next. above all else we need a top-4 D and a goaltender. if we get bob, great, get a D with the assets theyd be burning in a deadline deal for panarin. i also dont know how we'd be able to have enough cap space for it all, but get the goaltender, a D, and depending on how much we have left and how we're looking then you can explore panarin in the offseason. just not right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->