Speculation: Panthers trade deadline rumours/general trade talk (Bobrovsky, Panarin, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Bob will be a Panther by the tdl. A long term deal will be worked out for all intents and purposes. If we bring in a d-man, Hoffman will be the bait. It's believed in some circles that Bob and Panarin will be a package deal because Panarin is comfortable with Bob's family, and they have been in the USA longer. And being that florida is one of Panarin's preferred destinations, Panthers' brass will be banking on Panarin being a Panther July 1st.

Right or wrong, that's the move.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Bob will be a Panther by the tdl. A long term deal will be worked out for all intents and purposes. If we bring in a d-man, Hoffman will be the bait. It's believed in some circles that Bob and Panarin will be a package deal because Panarin is comfortable with Bob's family, and they have been in the USA longer. And being that florida is one of Panarin's preferred destinations, Panthers' brass will be banking on Panarin being a Panther July 1st.

Right or wrong, that's the move.
why by the deadline? based on what?

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
To make things clear, if we trade for Bob he can sign for 8 years. If we wait for FA, he can only sign for 7.

If I were a FA, I'd want more term.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
To make things clear, if we trade for Bob he can sign for 8 years. If we wait for FA, he can only sign for 7.

If I were a FA, I'd want more term.
But Bob doesn't get to decide when he gets moved. The market for a very expensive starting goalie is going to be very small.

Reactions: Multigrain

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Is it? Giving up assets for a pending UFA is common sense? And CBJ is 3rd in the division. They're going to trade their starting goalie?

In a bubble yes. If Dale has truly been given a mandate by owners to win now as was reported then bringing in Bob with exclusive negotiating rights makes sense. They haven’t given up on the season yet. He can help this year.

They have to stop thinking about 5 or ten years down the line and start making moves for the now.

In a bubble that’s common sense.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
In a bubble yes. If Dale has truly been given a mandate by owners to win now as was reported then bringing in Bob with exclusive negotiating rights makes sense. They haven’t given up on the season yet. He can help this year.

They have to stop thinking about 5 or ten years down the line and start making moves for the now.

In a bubble that’s common sense.
The time to acquire a goalie was a couple months ago and your point still doesn't address CBJ's situation of being in a playoff spot

Reactions: I am not exposed

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
This team needs a top flight goaltender to compete for a Cup. They have identified the one they want. I fully expect them to get him by any means necessary.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
But why would the Blue Jackets trade Bob now? That makes no sense unless the trade for a starter from another team.

I couldn’t tell you what Columbus is thinking. Personally I could care less. If they moved Bob at the TDL I’m pretty sure they’d have a backup plan. JQuick maybe. That’s just off the top of my head and if I can think it so can they.

I guess Dale could always send them some trash for Bob’s negotiating rights after the season after the season.

Reactions: Multigrain

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
I just read more Hoffman rumors. If they need to clear more cao for budget reasons for Bread and Bob I get it but how can they move him before panarin is signed?

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
This is my prediction of what will happen.

But imo, we trade for him now to ensure that he's ours on july 1st, and also so we can sign him for 8 years instead of 7.

Is that 8th year really going to make the difference you think? If it helps keep the cap hit down, I guess it’s not the worst case. He should still be able to be at the top of his game for at least 2/3 of that time.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
This is my prediction of what will happen.

But imo, we trade for him now to ensure that he's ours on july 1st, and also so we can sign him for 8 years instead of 7.
We can trade for him after the playoffs because nobody else is going to go after him before the playoffs to sign him.

Yandle situation 2.0

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I'm not so sure of that. Besides the Panthers aren't going to take the chance.

Bobrovsky's market is small and none of the teams are playoff bound. Like I'm confident they'll get him but even if you're worried about -say Detroit- the Wings aren't trading for him this season either so...

I just read more Hoffman rumors. If they need to clear more cao for budget reasons for Bread and Bob I get it but how can they move him before panarin is signed?

The only way it makes sense is if Panarin has already committed to Florida. Which he hasn't. So it would be nuts lol.

Reactions: I am not exposed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad