Speculation: Panthers trade deadline rumours/general trade talk (Bobrovsky, Panarin, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
The market is not that tiny. Flyers, Canes, Blues, Wings, Sabres, Hawks could all trade for him.
Flyers- Carter Hart? No chance.
Canes- Makes sense but since when do they spend
Wings- Why is Detroit trading for him when their season is done
Blues- Binnington
Sabres- Ullmark is their goalie of the future
Chicago- Crawford's back this week

Reactions: I am not exposed

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
What I could see happening is Florida buying out Reimer on June 15th and Florida flipping a 4th or 5th round pick for Bob's rights that same day.

Reactions: Rahooji

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Flyers- Carter Hart? No chance.
Canes- Makes sense but since when do they spend
Wings- Why is Detroit trading for him when their season is done
Blues- Binnington
Sabres- Ullmark is their goalie of the future
Chicago- Crawford's back this week

I forgot about Hart. But the rest of those teams could definitely trade for him. The Sabres own players have complained about their goaltending and Crawford is just coming back, he's not going to be in top shape.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
8 years for a goalie that will be 30 next season is too much, imo.

It blocks the development of Monty and Bednard.

Looking at capfriendly there are UFA goalies that could fit for agree years - Browse - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Heck, give McElhinney a three year deal. I just despise giving 8, or even 7, to an aging goalie. I can imagine that in about 4 years everyone complaining about his injuries, etc.

Now if they sign Bob for 5 or 6 years, imo that would be better.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
They can sign Bob for 50 years. It doesn’t mean that the Panthers have to keep him for 50. They might just have to pay another team to unload him later down the line.

I really don’t think that Dale has the luxury to think about the future anymore so why would he care about mortgaging it? This team isn’t going to win a cup on a budget. Maybe a cup is just a pipe dream for this team. If that’s the case then Bring McBackup on down and continue to spin the wheels and talk about the future.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I forgot about Hart. But the rest of those teams could definitely trade for him. The Sabres own players have complained about their goaltending and Crawford is just coming back, he's not going to be in top shape.
Buffalo was in a playoff spot for most of the year because of their goaltending. They helped the team overachieve.

Bobrovsky isn’t going to leave Columbus to play in Buffalo. Buffalo will also not spend assets to get him early because they’re rebuilding. It’s not like he’s the McDavid of goalies either. There’s certainly a ton of risk with the type of contract he wants.

The market is tiny for his services at the price it will cost

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
8 years for a goalie that will be 30 next season is too much, imo.

It blocks the development of Monty and Bednard.

Looking at capfriendly there are UFA goalies that could fit for agree years - Browse - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Heck, give McElhinney a three year deal. I just despise giving 8, or even 7, to an aging goalie. I can imagine that in about 4 years everyone complaining about his injuries, etc.

Now if they sign Bob for 5 or 6 years, imo that would be better.
I agree but I also think we can’t be the best team at managing the cap because it doesn’t get us anywhere.

having a young elc goaltender plus an overpriced vet will be similar to what the cap hit for goaltending is now and that’s fine.

I am not against trading one of our better prospects for a good young goalie either. Bobrovsky shouldn’t be the only option

Reactions: Rahooji and PSLguy

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I agree but I also think we can’t be the best team at managing the cap because it doesn’t get us anywhere.

having a young elc goaltender plus an overpriced vet will be similar to what the cap hit for goaltending is now and that’s fine.

I am not against trading one of our better prospects for a good young goalie either. Bobrovsky shouldn’t be the only option

Overpaying a vet who might just started his downswing of his career and has been atrocious in the playoffs. If the Cats are going to spend $10mil on a goalie then get a one that's on his prime years. Stating that managing the cap doesn't get the Cats anywhere is just naive thinking as an option to cut the perpetual losing culture. The team mgmt is an optimization problem and not some "grab the highest grossing players from the FA and fill in the rest slots with AHLers" oversimplification. Dale probably would like to overpay as he's accustomed to but the next guy in the line, McCabe probably doesn't need some $10mil buyout target on his house cleaning project after Tallon is ushered out of the office. $8mil for 5-6 years should be the absolute best Bobby Rovsky can bank with the Cats.

goCatsgo4

Jul 5, 2015
Florida
They can sign Bob for 50 years. It doesn’t mean that the Panthers have to keep him for 50. They might just have to pay another team to unload him later down the line.

I really don’t think that Dale has the luxury to think about the future anymore so why would he care about mortgaging it? This team isn’t going to win a cup on a budget. Maybe a cup is just a pipe dream for this team. If that’s the case then Bring McBackup on down and continue to spin the wheels and talk about the future.
Truer words have never been said. It's starting to, sadly, feel like this franchise is running on empty right now. Our time to win is within the next 3-4 years (with a possible lockout in there) or relocation is imminent. Can't think about the future anymore or "team-freindly" contracts. It's time to do what the big market teams do and get the big time players here. Give out the big contracts, make this team the best they can be starting next year. The way the attendance has looked these last couple of days, I can't even imagine how bad it will be next year if they're not good. The time is now. Worry about the money, resigning and all that other BS 5 years down the road after we won the cup with a GREAT team.

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida

50 seems like a lot. I think he would sign a 45yr deal if it means we sign breadman too.

Reactions: Rahooji

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Buffalo was in a playoff spot for most of the year because of their goaltending. They helped the team overachieve.

Bobrovsky isn’t going to leave Columbus to play in Buffalo. Buffalo will also not spend assets to get him early because they’re rebuilding. It’s not like he’s the McDavid of goalies either. There’s certainly a ton of risk with the type of contract he wants.

The market is tiny for his services at the price it will cost

It doesnt matter. Buffalo's goaltending is terrible right now.

I cant speak to Buffalo's motivations or illusions. Botteril has proven to be unpredictable though and wants to put a winner on the ice, ahead of what their fans think their schedule is. The market for Bobrovsky is not tiny, and imo the Panthers will not take the chance.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Truer words have never been said. It's starting to, sadly, feel like this franchise is running on empty right now. Our time to win is within the next 3-4 years (with a possible lockout in there) or relocation is imminent. Can't think about the future anymore or "team-freindly" contracts. It's time to do what the big market teams do and get the big time players here. Give out the big contracts, make this team the best they can be starting next year. The way the attendance has looked these last couple of days, I can't even imagine how bad it will be next year if they're not good. The time is now. Worry about the money, resigning and all that other BS 5 years down the road after we won the cup with a GREAT team.

Yep, after Barkov, Huby, and Tros contracts are up, this team will look different. The time to win is now. Barkov is 24. The time to win the Cup is within the next 3-4 years. Once Barkov approaches 30 our window will close considerably.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Overpaying a vet who might just started his downswing of his career and has been atrocious in the playoffs. If the Cats are going to spend $10mil on a goalie then get a one that's on his prime years. Stating that managing the cap doesn't get the Cats anywhere is just naive thinking as an option to cut the perpetual losing culture. The team mgmt is an optimization problem and not some "grab the highest grossing players from the FA and fill in the rest slots with AHLers" oversimplification. Dale probably would like to overpay as he's accustomed to but the next guy in the line, McCabe probably doesn't need some $10mil buyout target on his house cleaning project after Tallon is ushered out of the office. $8mil for 5-6 years should be the absolute best Bobby Rovsky can bank with the Cats.

Signing one or two ufas doesnt make the Panthers a big spender that just grabs all the highest paid fa's. How often do the Panthers grab the top ufa's
? Finally, it appears two marquee fa's have landed in the Panthers' lap, and now so many Panthers fans want to complain. After years of complaining we don't go after marquee fa's. But that's Panthers fans for you. Free agency is just one of many tools to acquire players, and the Panthers will probably use it more this summer than they have in the past decade, with the exception of 2011.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
So many people are going to be disappointed when Bob lays an egg here, and we reminisce about the days with Reimer and his manageable contract!
Not even comparable. Bob is a vezina winner who has been stellar for years now. He’s having a bad year in a place he does t want to be.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
For some reasons, I trust Tallon for what's to come.

He's not going to overpay Bob. I mean...he might slightly overpay him, I think that's inevitable. But he's not going to offer him that 8 years Contract.

I wouldn't be surprise at all if we end up with none of Bob and Panarin.

But Tallon will find a way to improve this team during the summer.

And 9 months from now, we'll be like: "wow, this team is looking good and what a good season it's been so far. And this is without Bob and Panarin. So glad that we didn't spend 20M$ for them this summer"

I wish I'll have the chance to quote myself next year, showing that I was right. I would look smart, but better yet, that would mean that we have a good hockey team :)

Reactions: I am not exposed

CaptainScrewy

Apr 9, 2003
Hollywood , Florida
Visit site
For some reasons, I trust Tallon for what's to come.

He's not going to overpay Bob. I mean...he might slightly overpay him, I think that's inevitable. But he's not going to offer him that 8 years Contract.

I wouldn't be surprise at all if we end up with none of Bob and Panarin.

But Tallon will find a way to improve this team during the summer.

And 9 months from now, we'll be like: "wow, this team is looking good and what a good season it's been so far. And this is without Bob and Panarin. So glad that we didn't spend 20M$ for them this summer"

I wish I'll have the chance to quote myself next year, showing that I was right. I would look smart, but better yet, that would mean that we have a good hockey team :)

I think Tallon does whatever is necessary to get Panarin. He is an elite player who has an interest in coming here and still only 27 years old. That doesn't ever come on the market. We are rightfully putting ourselves in position to get that. Would be a game changer and the fact that it appears we actually have a good shot at it should make everyone excited, even if the contract is a ridiculous number.

Anakinsky

Dec 21, 2018

This is the only thing I can think about when hearing Bobs name

and can we confirm that Dale is under the gun to make moves ASAP ? I just dont like the idea of going after a 30 yr old goalie that may want to come to Fl, make $$ and basically have the retired life.

Rather pickup a Stud younger D man or 2 w/ size and Panarin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad