Speculation: Panthers trade deadline rumours/general trade talk (Bobrovsky, Panarin, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Reading the main board

Coyle seems similar to Bjugstad in the sense that he's still living off past potential. In reality neither can be considered young anymore (both 27 soon).

40 point players with some upside depending who they play with and how much ice time they get.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Reading the main board

Coyle seems similar to Bjugstad in the sense that he's still living off past potential. In reality neither can be considered young anymore (both 27 soon).

40 point players with some upside depending who they play with and how much ice time they get.

Also, Boston fans saying Ryan Donato is better/has more of an upside than Vatrano. Also a Boston fan, he doesnt see Donato hitting 45 points in a season.

Vatrano probably hits that....so doesnt that mean Donato is a 50 point guy then :huh:

Reactions: Kellyr

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
From Edmonton's board: Lucic + 2nd for Hoffman.

Sometimes this place scares me.

tenor.gif

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Also, Boston fans saying Ryan Donato is better/has more of an upside than Vatrano. Also a Boston fan, he doesnt see Donato hitting 45 points in a season.

Vatrano probably hits that....so doesnt that mean Donato is a 50 point guy then :huh:

I think it's fair to cut Donato some slack for being a couple years younger and basically a rookie. With that said, you certainly can't say he's a better hockey player right now.

I think Vatrano is a little bit underrated. Good hockey player and I have no complaints about him being on the first line right now. Also been a good power play contributor.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun, an admittedly not very reliable source, reports that Hoffman is available and might be packaged with Brassard.
He probably talked to Karlson’s wife and found out Hoff is available.

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Hmmm, both these came out recently....

“Kings trade likely coming”
“Hoffman may be packaged with Brassard”

Coincidence?

Maybe a trade similar to this?

Quick+Martinez
For
Hoffman+Brassard+Kisevelich+Reimer(dump or we just buy out if it’s too much negative value here)

Would gain us 3.5mil cap space. We then flip Quick to Columbus for Panarin/Bob n sign them.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Hmmm, both these came out recently....

“Kings trade likely coming”
“Hoffman may be packaged with Brassard”

Coincidence?

Maybe a trade similar to this?

Quick+Martinez
For
Hoffman+Brassard+Kisevelich+Reimer(dump or we just buy out if it’s too much negative value here)

Would gain us 3.5mil cap space. We then flip Quick to Columbus for Panarin/Bob n sign them.
Or just keep Quick and only go after Panarin in July?

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Or just keep Quick and only go after Panarin in July?

Yeah, was thinking that too. Would only flip if we still think we have a shot at playoffs this season. Tonight will be a big telling if we still have a shot or not. Think if we are within 6-8pts out we would have a shot if we added Panarin/Bob by Monday.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Yeah, was thinking that too. Would only flip if we still think we have a shot at playoffs this season. Tonight will be a big telling if we still have a shot or not. Think if we are within 6-8pts out we would have a shot if we added Panarin/Bob by Monday.

We're not in for a shot. Our playoff quest ended before the turn of the year!

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
I'm dying for a juicy rumor over here. Come on Tallon.
Maybe Pierre Dorion will get him into trade mode. Rumor has it if Duchene, Stone and Dzingel are not on the ice for pregame skate against New Jersey they are all being traded.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Do people honestly believe that everyone is waiting for Ottawa and then they will start trading?
Florida should be selling at this point I would think?

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Maybe we trade Hoffman and sign Karlsson as a UFA. This way we get a #1D and don’t lose PP effectiveness.

We can still sign Bob and skip Panarin.

With return from Hoffman and whatever else, we could use that for a decent top 6 forward too.

Reactions: LastOfADyingBeard

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
So Ottawa is going to lose Duschene, Stone and Dzingel?

That team is going to be teeeeeerrrrible for years.
And they don't have their first round pick this year which looks like a top 4 pick.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
So Ottawa is going to lose Duschene, Stone and Dzingel?

That team is going to be teeeeeerrrrible for years.

With stone and duschene leaving, they probably need scoring. Maybe they would be interested in hoffman......

Reactions: Kellyr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad