Speculation: Panthers trade deadline rumours/general trade talk (Bobrovsky, Panarin, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Hmm, all I hear is that the location of the arena is horrible - on the "edge of a swamp" is how another poster here put it.

Practice is in Coral Springs at the Ice Den.

Both quite the drive from the exciting night life of Miami.

Not that far at all. After game times you can get to miami from the arena in less than an hour. There's lots to do in Fort Lauderdale also.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Hmm, all I hear is that the location of the arena is horrible - on the "edge of a swamp" is how another poster here put it.

I mean he lives off Miami, 40 minutes from BB&T, not close but a pretty routine commute

Reactions: Rahooji

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

With his new contract he can buy two places

Reactions: Rahooji

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Not that far at all. After game times you can get to miami from the arena in less than an hour. There's lots to do in Fort Lauderdale also.

I mean he lives off Miami, 40 minutes from BB&T, not close but a pretty routine commute

Ok then, let's here no more complaints about the arena location and not being able to make it to a 7:00 start time since it seems to be very convenient

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
KqozVv.jpg

He would be leaving much earlier than right now obviously.

35 miles isnt bad at all.

He could go by boat then drive from the coast :sarcasm:

I cant believe Tortorella said this :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

K1iVqz.jpg

Last edited:

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017

Well, it is on the edge of a swamp. It's quite literally on the edge of what I believe is the largest contiguous region of swamps -- err, wetlands -- in North America.

Anakinsky

Dec 21, 2018

That was me and yes it is located in a swamp... but hes still pretty close to Ft. laudy downtown and not too far from Miami. I mean he lives in OH currently... Great place to live if you enjoy the quite life and want to raise a family. No real nightlife aside from college kids bar hopping.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Haley was tough, but he wasnt functional.

Brown and McCoshen are pretty tough and functional. They arent going to fight all the time, but they make do.

Then you have Hawryluk who shouldnt fight but he is plenty tough. His physical play is welcomed and makes up for Haley's hitting

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Haley was tough, but he wasnt functional.

Brown and McCoshen are pretty tough and functional. They arent going to fight all the time, but they make do.

Then you have Hawryluk who shouldnt fight but he is plenty tough. His physical play is welcomed and makes up for Haley's hitting

Those guys play like 10min per night though. We need someone that can log in 20min so they can actually have an impact on the other teams' skilled players.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Those guys play like 10min per night though. We need someone that can log in 20min so they can actually have an impact on the other teams' skilled players.

Manson is your guy then. 22 mins a night, will not cheat in offensive zone and think he's better defensively than Risto or Larsson. Feel ANA needs a top 10-15 pick more than BUF or EDM as well.

We should be in business with WPG, ANA and CAR for a 20 min a night guy.

We should offer-sheet or try and trade for Erik Cernak (TB) next year, guy has 134 hits and 51 blocked shots in only 37 games. 2 goals and 9pts, +17 as well as his TOI trending up from 16mins to nearly 20mins a game now.
After they sign Point, Erne, Paquette this year, they need to sign Vasy, Serg and Cernak the next, the cap will strangle them.

Now guys like Callahan, Girardi and Stralman come of the books but Cernak looks to be a great shutdown guy in the making at just 21 years old. A guy you try to trade for/offer sheet and sign to a 5-6 yr deal at $4 million. (2021 2nd round pick in compensation)

goCatsgo4

Jul 5, 2015
Florida
And who's to say either of these guys can't do that? For whatever reason our coach won't give them a shot at more minutes. I don't see any reason why one of them can't start getting top 4 minutes. Maybe put Matheson down to the 3rd pairing. Limit his icetime and horrible defense and turnovers..

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
And who's to say either of these guys can't do that? For whatever reason our coach won't give them a shot at more minutes. I don't see any reason why one of them can't start getting top 4 minutes. Maybe put Matheson down to the 3rd pairing. Limit his icetime and horrible defense and turnovers..
Wouldn't the time to do this have been when the games mattered though? At this point we're all just hoping he plays his way out of this, right?

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
McCoshen is struggling against lower level of competition. If we want to gun for the top pick that'd be a good way to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad