Speculation: Panthers trade deadline rumours/general trade talk (Bobrovsky, Panarin, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Do not see either Pulock or Dobson moving for 1 guaranteed season of Hoffman . Heck,even if he agreed to an extension, I still would not move either.

Maybe something around Wilde, who prospect watchers say has improved defensively while still racking up pts?

Could be an option for sure, helps in expansion draft since Wilde won't need to be protected. I like Dobson better obviously but Wilde is progressing nicely, really wanted him or Woo in the 2nd round. Something else would have to be added to Wilde though if done at the deadline this year. That's 2 playoff runs for a 2nd round pick that has probably increased his value to a late 1st.

Pulock looking like a stud for you guys, I'd bet most NYI fans wish you got him locked into a 6 yr deal at $4-5 million instead of his bridge deal. I could see him asking for $7+ million by the time his new deal is signed.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Do not see either Pulock or Dobson moving for 1 guaranteed season of Hoffman . Heck,even if he agreed to an extension, I still would not move either.

Maybe something around Wilde, who prospect watchers say has improved defensively while still racking up pts?
We don't need a point producing D. That's a cherry.

We need a top 4 shutdown man

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Could be an option for sure, helps in expansion draft since Wilde won't need to be protected. I like Dobson better obviously but Wilde is progressing nicely, really wanted him or Woo in the 2nd round. Something else would have to be added to Wilde though if done at the deadline this year. That's 2 playoff runs for a 2nd round pick that has probably increased his value to a late 1st.

Pulock looking like a stud for you guys, I'd bet most NYI fans wish you got him locked into a 6 yr deal at $4-5 million instead of his bridge deal. I could see him asking for $7+ million by the time his new deal is signed.

Yeah,I expect Pulock is getting a big raise on his next deal.
Just guessing ,but based on the cheap ,4-5 year extensions that Mayfield and Pelech signed ,I think the isles tried locking Pulock into a similar cheap deal and were told no thanks.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Oh, I didn't realize Barzal was signed to a reasonable contract.
Isles with a lot of capspace will be very willing to tie the 21 yr old,6 yrs from unrestricted free agency, up in a longterm deal.

6+ yrs before Barzal is a ufa vs 1+ year before Hoffman is a ufa .

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Isles with a lot of capspace will be very willing to tie the 21 yr old,6 yrs from unrestricted free agency, up in a longterm deal.

6+ yrs before Barzal is a ufa vs 1+ year before Hoffman is a ufa .
Yeah I don’t think he was serious about Barzal. He’s looking like a lifer there.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Pretty sure Canadian courts cleared his fiancee of wrongdoing, and it was her, not him, that actually was alleged to have done something. The bad blood in the locker room was more on Karlsson (and his wife) for insisting she was the anonymous online troll - Hoffman just stuck up for her. Shouldn't impact the value of a player who is producing consistently at a nearly PPG pace given nothing was proven and he hasn't had the same negative impact in Florida.
There was a lot of crap saying he was hated in the locker room. Patrick O’Sullivan was on Sirius saying he talked to a lot of the guys on the Sens and they all disliked Hoffman.
I don't think that is true, I think he is a player or a sniper/scorer I always think players that don't play a whole lot of defense or are not missing teeth get that locker room rap.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Latest rumor Duchene to Columbus, therefore that means AP is heading somewhere. Wheels are rolling on the Duchene trade.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
CBJ, STL, WPG, CAR, MON, NSH, VGK and DAL will definitely be interested if they can't land the bigger fish like Duchene, Staal or Hayes for a 1st+.

He'll be in the mix with Henrique and Coyle for conditional 2nd + prospect type trades.
Brassard to Dallas for a 3rd pick?

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
bobby mac says the hoffman rumors have been picking up before the deadline? well if its a deadline deal that means a contender will trade for him, therefore we'll get picks and prospects. unless its a well known higher end prospect thats ready to jump into the lineup next year then maybe, but still, IF we have to trade him, then please address another area of need, not just the endless stream of picks and prospects. cant wait in 4 years when barkov's contract is up for this eventual prospect to get his feet wet in the league. enough with draft picks, we need help now

Reactions: I am not exposed

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
bobby mac says the hoffman rumors have been picking up before the deadline? well if its a deadline deal that means a contender will trade for him, therefore we'll get picks and prospects. unless its a well known higher end prospect thats ready to jump into the lineup next year then maybe, but still, IF we have to trade him, then please address another area of need, not just the endless stream of picks and prospects. cant wait in 4 years when barkov's contract is up for this eventual prospect to get his feet wet in the league. enough with draft picks, we need help now
If it’s true and he is forced out for
Money reasons then owners are clearly not willing to spend. And the team won’t ever be threat to challenge
For the cup

Reactions: PSLguy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad