Rumor: Panthers interested in Bobrovsky + 8-year extension, per Brooksie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Sarcasm? I recall having to defend him for the last 3 years
I know, posters covered over his warts constantly, having to prop up his lack of performance and explain away his fall down the depth chart and complete reliance on our best players.

Lack of opportunity, coaches playing favorites, unlucky injury history.

He will always be a tantalizing package that never put it together. I will not be surprised if he is flipped by PIT, by this very offseason. Rutherford doesnt wait on cold streaks.

I am really surprised most can understand why he needed to be dealt away.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Just gonna on the record again and say that it wont matter if we get whoever if Matheson is turning over the puck every f***ing game

Reactions: CHGoalie27

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Just gonna on the record again and say that it wont matter if we get whoever if Matheson is turning over the puck every ****ing game

That MFer needs to sit a few games. We mismanage and are looking to trade a decent Dman, yet we let Matheson turnover the puck at will, just because he has a big contract. Unbelievable.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I know, posters covered over his warts constantly, having to prop up his lack of performance and explain away his fall down the depth chart and complete reliance on our best players.

Lack of opportunity, coaches playing favorites, unlucky injury history.

He will always be a tantalizing package that never put it together. I will not be surprised if he is flipped by PIT, by this very offseason. Rutherford doesnt wait on cold streaks.

I am really surprised most can understand why he needed to be dealt away.
People kept defending him, because people kept randomly bringing him up, and hijacking every thread. I'm still waiting for this jump in the level of play from this team, by getting Bjugstad out of the lineup. Where is all this better play from these better players, without Bjugstad getting in the way? And I'm not even talking about the top six, I'm talking about the bottom 6, where everybody is supposedly better than him.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I think that Bobrovsk trade could only happen if Columbus is also able to get Quick form LA to the TDL otherwise we wil and have to wait till OffSeason.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I would love if we could ship off Matheson to Columbus for Bob.

Improves the Panthers and hurts the Blue Jackets lol. Maybe we could get some golden Torts sound clips on Matheson and his timely turnovers.

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
So they're going to find property to develop, design a new arena, get funding; determine/approve public incentives, and finally build a new arena in three years? In Downtown Fort Lauderdale?

Rogers Place took two years alone to build and years to develop. Same deal with Caesars Arena and T-Mobile Arena.

it could be done, you might shave off several years of the engineer and architects lives though. small price for an investor to pay..

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Posters have flipped flopped so many times on so many subjects they cant keep track anymore.

I liked Bjugstad but always thought he should have been exposed instead of Smith. And I always believed if we could get a decent return, then I was all for trading him. Ideally, that would have been in a package for a top 4 Dman! But I believe the move made trading him was overall good for us. Know this probably wasn't directed at me, but just wanted to say where I came from in regards to Bjugstad!

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
That MFer needs to sit a few games. We mismanage and are looking to trade a decent Dman, yet we let Matheson turnover the puck at will, just because he has a big contract. Unbelievable.

His trademark no-look, backhanded flip of the puck from behind our net to the middle of the zone.... I cringe every time he skates back behind the net because I know what is about to happen...

Anakinsky

Dec 21, 2018
His trademark no-look, backhanded flip of the puck from behind our net to the middle of the zone.... I cringe every time he skates back behind the net because I know what is about to happen...

Glad I am not the only one that notices this LMFAO.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Same observation here.

Matheson has good individual skill, but is somehow unable to see other players on the ice. Thus he doesn’t see the forecheck coming in very well, doesn’t see the potential intercept in the middle of our own zone, doesn’t see and time his outlet passes very well.

If he played offense, he’d have no chemistry with his linemates.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Glad I am not the only one that notices this LMFAO.

Goldie even mentioned it during one of the games about a month or so ago. He said the whole team needs to get away from that no look dump pass. He sounded as frustrated as we do, and to be honest, I’ve never heard him criticize the team like that. It was refreshing.

Anakinsky

Dec 21, 2018
Goldie even mentioned it during one of the games about a month or so ago. He said the whole team needs to get away from that no look dump pass. He sounded as frustrated as we do, and to be honest, I’ve never heard him criticize the team like that. It was refreshing.

He does not often speak up its true. It seems like they are working to build this magic chemistry with all these no look plays, and we have seen it work amazing in a few games, but with lines changing so often not sure how you can have this.

Would we get eaten alive if we stuck to particular lines ?

I know adjustments need be made but wondering if we stuck with set lines would this benefit us at all

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Another interesting thing is (if Lu doesn't pack it in) the buyout window is June 15-30. How can they buyout James without knowing Bob's a done deal? I could see them flipping a mid round pick to Cbus for negotiating rights after the season.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
I’d argue if they can’t move Reimer they can still confidently buy him out, given that equal to or greater than 50% of his play has been at a sub-NHL level.

Buying out Reimer and taking a mediocre/subpar goalie on the market is a lateral move at worst.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I’d argue if they can’t move Reimer they can still confidently buy him out, given that equal to or greater than 50% of his play has been at a sub-NHL level.

Buying out Reimer and taking a mediocre/subpar goalie on the market is a lateral move at worst.

Reimer is still decent goalie because it's the shit show in front of him. As soon as Hutchinson got out of Dodge to TML he's been on par with .915 save%. Just have to ride it till the end of the season and some team will trade their AHLer + 7th for Reimer.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
People kept defending him, because people kept randomly bringing him up, and hijacking every thread. I'm still waiting for this jump in the level of play from this team, by getting Bjugstad out of the lineup. Where is all this better play from these better players, without Bjugstad getting in the way? And I'm not even talking about the top six, I'm talking about the bottom 6, where everybody is supposedly better than him.
Good enough to beat his new team last night. Both Brassard and Sheahan are both much better fits in the bottom/middle 6. The only place Nick was EVER productive in our lineup was beside Huby or Barky. He was an overpaid passenger.

Also he starts at center for a few games in PIT is now switched to RW for the game last night and by the third period was benched. Yup, classic Nick.

Would love to see these posts from actual posters claiming a huge bump in team energy IF/WHEN Nick was dealt. Oh right, you cant provide proof on that either... Having huge rose coloured glasses for a player that was handed every opportunity and could never take the next step doesnt make everyone else MEAN.

Posters got so bad they were calling for Trocheck to be traded, lol, as Nick was a MUCH better 5 on 5 player. At least thats what the stats said last year right? Even though its disregarded when the stats dont agree with your "eye tests", and player evaluations.

Just like the hate on Ekblad, but that wasnt over the top or thread derailing was it? Sounds like posters giving their favorite players passes, instead of making logical thought out arguements about actual real issues.

Classic.

Last edited:

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I would love Wayne Simmonds if at all possible. That's one guy I think would help his line mates play their game.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
Reimer is still decent goalie because it's the **** show in front of him. As soon as Hutchinson got out of Dodge to TML he's been on par with .915 save%. Just have to ride it till the end of the season and some team will trade their AHLer + 7th for Reimer.
2-3 with 900 and a goals against of almost 4 on one of the better teams in the league. You are so wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad