Rumor: Panthers interested in Bobrovsky + 8-year extension, per Brooksie

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Yup. Just someone else making up bs to push a false narrative this is pathetic.

What on Earth are you taking about? Hutch has a .915 sv% and 2.64 gaa with the leafs. Who's making up stuff to push their narrative now? At least get the facts straight.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Panarin will probably get 11 million. Is that right? Bob about 8-9?

How will that work when we also need a top 4 D?

This is my worry too. Would love panarin on this team but I just don't see how that is responsible. Doesn't address an area of need and really screws with our cap/expansion.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
If they are serious about Panarin, you have to think Hoffman is definitely gone along with likely one of Vatrano or Malgin. Brassard either traded in next few weeks or walks as UFA as well. Pysyk traded as well.

Roll with this:

Panarin - Barkov - Dadonov
Huberdeau - Trocheck - Tippett
Vatrano - Borgstrom - Sceviour
Hawryluk - Sheahan - Hunt
Lammikko/Greco

Yandle - Ekblad
Matheson - Stralman/UFA
Brown - McCoshen
Weegar

Bob
Luongo

Last edited:

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
there is absolutely no reason for the deadline to pass with Brassard still on the roster

Brass should return something like a 1st or two 2nd round picks. The funny thing is that e.g. Lumbus needs a 2nd line center but in fact they need to those picks more since Kekalainen keeps effin up at the helm by letting Bread, Bob and Jack Johnson to walk for nothing in return. There's only Dubois, Atkinson, Werenski and Jones and that's it as far as elite talent goes. They are still in rebuild mode after Kek took over the ship.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Hoffman would have to go.

If you take out Hoffman, Pysyk and Reimer and account for cap increase to 83 mill, we'll have roughly $35 million to work with in order to sign Panarin, Bobrovsky, UFA D, Weegar, McCoshen, Vatrano and Malgin. Also, potentially keep Sheahan depending on what he's looking for.

Not sure if it's do-able or not and this obviously doesn't account for potentially taking back salary in any trades involving Hoffman, Pysyk or Reimer. Who knows. Either way, I think we're going to see some changes as we have the space to do it.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
If they are serious about Panarin, you have to think Hoffman is definitely gone along with likely one of Vatrano or Malgin. Brassard either traded in next few weeks or walks as UFA as well. Pysyk traded as well.

Roll with this:

Lammikko/Greco

Yandle - Ekblad
Matheson - Stralman/UFA
Brown - McCoshen
Weegar

Bob
Luongo

Sheahan costs too much and his fancy stats are god awful. There's absolutely no chance that he's with the team in the next season.

I think it's a wrong move to tie up so much dough on goat lending. Bob with a price tag of $10-11mil per plus Lu's number is just too much for a tandem that earns their living by moving around the goal crease. Rather have that cap space allocated to forwards and defensemen but that's just me who needs to #learnhockey. Hoffman is a lock for the next season, Tippett is an absolute no-go for the next season as a regular roster player from the start.

Last edited:
Reactions: drktmplr12

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018

Roll with this:

Lammikko/Greco

Yandle - Ekblad
Matheson - Stralman/UFA
Brown - McCoshen
Weegar

Bob
Luongo
Defense looks suspect to be honest is the risk worth the reward? Greco, Brown, McCoshen are all cheap but this still looks like a rebuild. Brassard is as good as gone at the deadline and the Hoffman trade watch could be interesting.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Brass should return something like a 1st or two 2nd round picks. The funny thing is that e.g. Lumbus needs a 2nd line center but in fact they need to those picks more since Kekalainen keeps effin up at the helm by letting Bread, Bob and Jack Johnson to walk for nothing in return. There's only Dubois, Atkinson, Werenski and Jones and that's it as far as elite talent goes. They are still in rebuild mode after Kek took over the ship.
I think maybe second round, wonder if he could be sent back to Ottawa for something?

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
What on Earth are you taking about? Hutch has a .915 sv% and 2.64 gaa with the leafs. Who's making up stuff to push their narrative now? At least get the facts straight.
He was terrible. Let in soft goals and leafs Twitter was not happy with him. Went under.500. Stats propped up by one good game. So no he was t better

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Meh, he's going to be asking for a hefty contract. Prefer to avoid considering his style of play. It will be similar to the Ladd/Lucic signings a few years ago. Overpaid physical UFA winger.

Simmonds will soon add himself to Lucic/Backes 2016 UFA group.

Just another anchor in the making, do not buy.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Yeah, I like him too but he needs regular top 6 ice time to be productive but he won't get that here.

-ghoste
This.
It sucks because the return for him will likely be meh and I can see him becoming a good second line guy elsewhere... but it's not working here.
He could be part of a package but I wonder if we could swap him for a young guy who's similarly not a fit on someone else's roster?

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
He was terrible. Let in soft goals and leafs Twitter was not happy with him. Went under.500. Stats propped up by one good game. So no he was t better

That's just not true at all. He was actually praised by the media, teammates, and coaches. But I already know you're going to say that doesn't matter because they have to say that (even though no they don't have to).

Anyways, to actually make this post relevant to the thread, I think it would be a mistake to throw a big contract at bob and/or panarin if we don't add to our defense.

We obviously need to upgrade in net, but I'm not sold on spending so much on a single goalie unless he is a sure fire superstar for most of his contract.

Even panarin, I am a bit hesitant as the trend is to pay more for the productive years from young guys and not as much for guys getting older. I'd still be very happy with him on our team but he is just about exiting his prime. Do we want to pay him 10x8?

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Do we want to pay him 10x8?

Currently Hoffman is on a pace to score 35-40 goals which Bread has never done in the NHL. In other words, as far as the "trade Hoff!"-folks are concerned, do we want to pay $2-3mil extra per year for the privilege of adding no extra goals on the "goals for"-category? I don't think so and the Cats issues haven't been in scoring goals and with Tippett knocking in the front isn't changing that situation to worse. Thus, Stone would the best bet on the Panthers jersey with the rumored price tag of $9mil per. But then again, anything could happen on 1st of July.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad