Rumor: Panthers interested in Bobrovsky + 8-year extension, per Brooksie

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012

More years means lower annual value. He may want 8+per on a 5 or 6 year deal. An 8 year deal for a goalie who’s coming off a so-so season and will be 31 by the start of next season, I say 7.5per at the absolute most, preferably 7.25per or less. But we know how dale is with signings so we’ll see

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Those big name dmen like Pietrangelo, Trouba, Pesce (yeah, him too) probably won't be available to the Panthers albeit a serious overpayment is always a viable option to some degree. The most likely help on defense will a guy like Braun if the Sharks get EK65 signed or Martinez. Or Stralman from the FA. I'd reckon that the improvements for the next season will be Panarin (even though Stone would be the better option for the Panthers but he hasn't limited his teams to two or three, etc other details), Martinez/Stralman and Bob/Lu-tandem.

Another report out saying Dale is set on luring Bob with the 8th year option. Really hope they front end load the hell out of that deal.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Any news outside of those tweets? I remember you guys having an insider on here. The Grimaldi/Berra trade rings a bell as one he warned us of.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Another report out saying Dale is set on luring Bob with the 8th year option. Really hope they front end load the hell out of that deal.

It's an iffy thing. If Bob wants some superstar, Price-type of a deal then he can go look for one from somewhere else. I'd reckon that Dale and the mgmt want to see this season through before doing anything because that's the correct move from risk mgmt point of view. Even if Bob would accept a $8x6-deal then that would still be a contract that could force the Cats to step into a world of hurt. On some night even Reimer looks on par with Bob so he's not making the case crystal-clear for buyers. I'm not sure what's going to happen but whatever they'll do, they will leave some form an escape route open even if it would cost them a pick or two. Eight years of Bob leaves no room for error and readjustment.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
It's an iffy thing. If Bob wants some superstar, Price-type of a deal then he can go look for one from somewhere else. I'd reckon that Dale and the mgmt want to see this season through before doing anything because that's the correct move from risk mgmt point of view. Even if Bob would accept a $8x6-deal then that would still be a contract that could force the Cats to step into a world of hurt. On some night even Reimer looks on par with Bob so he's not making the case crystal-clear for buyers. I'm not sure what's going to happen but whatever they'll do, they will leave some form an escape route open even if it would cost them a pick or two. Eight years of Bob leaves no room for error and readjustment.

Dont know if Viola will be up for big signing bonuses for the front loaded part. Hopefully they can show Bob the tax savings and offer him his own commercial on FSF :sarcasm:

I'm honestly a little worried right now. 8 years is too much but I can see why Tallon is puffing out his chest, basically telling Bob we got the biggest love for him currently.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Goalies hit their prime later. 30 is young for a goalie. He's having a down year in a place he's unhappy and doesn't want to be, I'm not worried about his play. You give him 8 years and if it works out, great, if not, it'll be Quebec dealing with the back half of that deal. This team potentially has 4 years left in this market, it's time to go for it.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Dont know if Viola will be up for big signing bonuses for the front loaded part. Hopefully they can show Bob the tax savings and offer him his own commercial on FSF :sarcasm:

I'm honestly a little worried right now. 8 years is too much but I can see why Tallon is puffing out his chest, basically telling Bob we got the biggest love for him currently.

I'm calling bs on that 8 year speculation. Someone from the mgmt group has to wrestle Tallon down, away from his cell phone if he's nodding on that eight year-bid with Bob's agent.

Reactions: I am not exposed

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I'm calling bs on that 8 year speculation. Someone from the mgmt group has to wrestle Tallon down, away from his cell phone if he's nodding on that eight year-bid with Bob's agent.

Unless the AAV is sub 8.5 and 50-60% of the deal is paid in first 3-4 years I agree. Where the hell are Pronger and McCabe to ducktape/shut his mouth?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Goalies hit their prime later. 30 is young for a goalie. He's having a down year in a place he's unhappy and doesn't want to be, I'm not worried about his play. You give him 8 years and if it works out, great, if not, it'll be Quebec dealing with the back half of that deal. This team potentially has 4 years left in this market, it's time to go for it.

We ain't going to Quebec or anywhere else. I messaged you on trade board with some insider stuff.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Bob is going to be so bad for us, we're going to miss Reimer!

I don't know why, but I just see the worse case scenario playing out here. Maybe it is because I am a Panthers fan haha

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
why does it matter if it is front loaded or not?

Because the actual salary you pay up front would be more vs the end of the life of the contract. It's important in terms for salary expenditure.

It will be easier to dump a contract when only the cap hit is high and the actual salary is low....think Datsyuk....or a player like Duncan Keith now. His cap hit is 5.5 but his salary is about to take a nose dive below 3.

Meaning you Bob a lot of money while he is young...if it flops, you pay less towards the end and are able to dump the contract someone who needs to hit the cap floor.

On the reverse, you take someone like Bjugstad who was on an escalator deal, meaning his actual salary rises and exceeds his actual cap hit. Which is why I mentioned two summers ago that this was the year he would get traded. He was about to exceed 5 at a cap hit of 4.1

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
line.png

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I hope Bob is worth it. The term doesn't concern me as the last 2-3 years can usually be dealt with in some sort of a way, I just hope Bob is good enough to make a real difference for this team.

Reactions: Vilam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad