Rumor: Panthers interested in Bobrovsky + 8-year extension, per Brooksie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I said it on the last page, makes no sense to give up the farm if they think he's gonna sign here on July 1st. Cbus is better off keeping him and trying to squeak into the playoffs.

Kekalainen is making desperate demands because he's in a desperate situation. After Jack Johnson wasn't traded on the TDL, Kekalainen screwed up and didn't manage to retain value on him. And now Kekalainen is doing the exact same screwjob with Bread and Bob in a much bigger scale. If one day in the near future Kekalainen is going to be held accountable for his moves then this is one reason why he'd get the boot.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Oh enough of this 2016 we were set, now we will be mediocre act. Like we are worse off with Dadonov and Hoffman, over Marchy and Smith. So it happened, and? We are going to keep dwelling on that? We are a better offensive team now than we were then, and we are in a positional, financially, to improve the team unlike ever before. The only mistake was with Gallant, but that has nothing do to with Tallon.

It’s ridiculous to think that this team will be mediocre from here on out, with the talent we have now, the cap space we have available, and the prospects in the pipeline, just because we got rid of Smith and Marchy.
You have the wrong poster. I'm one of the ones not saying the sky was falling when the expansion draft happened. Much less, talking about it after. This is the 2016 offseason I'm talking about. Not the expansion draft. This is about ownership, not Tallon. And I have consistently been saying this was going off the rails when 2016 offseason happened. And, it's gone off the rails. Didn't care about the expansion draft, that was irrelevant. We were bad with those two in the lineup, and then after the expansion draft the perception is they were the keys being contenders all of a sudden. They were good players but, it was way too much "the sky is falling", and for too long over that. Obviously I didn't care about the expansion draft, this thing was already off the rails by then.

Now, everyone is doing it again, putting way too much stock on just the roster, and what it looks like on paper, and that's it. Cap space and rosters on paper are not what wins championships. This team doesn't play anywhere near contender level NHL hockey. Getting some big names is not all of a sudden going to click this team into contender status. That's disrespecting the league, the other teams, and the game of hockey. It doesn't work like that. The mediocre teams operate that way or similar.

And it's ridiculous to think that talent alone guarantees you anything. Yes, we definitely could be mediocre with this talent from now on. I mean, they're at the bottom of the league now with the talent they have now, for example.

Last edited:

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="#FlaPanthers hashtag on Twitter">#FlaPanthers</a> have been talking often with <a href="#cbj hashtag on Twitter">#cbj</a> but have not even been told whether they are a team Sergei Bobrovsky would waive his NTC to come to; they assume they are.</p>&mdash; George Richards (@GeorgeRichards) <a href="">February 6, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Lol 2 days ago GR wrote in an article that his inside source told him Panthers and CBJ weren't talking.

The status of this situation changes more often than Matheson gives away the puck!

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I can't see the Panthers moving Luongo. I doubt he wants to relocate for any run.
He wanted to be here and I can see Tallon respecting that.

INB4 he is traded in 5 minutes.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
I can't see the Panthers moving Luongo. I doubt he wants to relocate for any run.
He wanted to be here and I can see Tallon respecting that.

INB4 he is traded in 5 minutes.

If Tallon respects Lu, he'll give him a shot at the playoffs if Florida is completely out of wildcard contention by the TDL. I'm sure Roberto's wife and kids will be OK without him for 2 months.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Could see Lu joining Carolina at the TDL and then retiring in the offseason.
If Luongo retires, they'd be on the hook for the cap recapture penalty, which is nearly 1.3 mill for three years. Why exactly would Carolina do us a favor and take it on?

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
Kekalainen is making desperate demands because he's in a desperate situation. After Jack Johnson wasn't traded on the TDL, Kekalainen screwed up and didn't manage to retain value on him. And now Kekalainen is doing the exact same screwjob with Bread and Bob in a much bigger scale. If one day in the near future Kekalainen is going to be held accountable for his moves then this is one reason why he'd get the boot.
They need to move Panarin. No one wants Bob because all playoff teams have good goalies.

Canucks get the penalty

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
If Luongo retires, they'd be on the hook for the cap recapture penalty, which is nearly 1.3 mill for three years. Why exactly would Carolina do us a favor and take it on?

Because they're rolling with a dreadful trio of Mrazek/McElhinney/Darling, close to the wildcard and would like to improve at that position for a playoff run without giving up much in assets?

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
I don’t think that they will get Bob or the Breadman until the season is over because they realize that they are not getting into the playoffs so why absorb any more money in those two for absolutely no reason.

They probably will move Brassard, Pysyk, Brouwer, Heahan and Malgin for picks. That will be around $10,000,000 off the books.

Reactions: Ghoste

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Because they're rolling with a dreadful trio of Mrazek/McElhinney/Darling, close to the wildcard and would like to improve at that position for a playoff run without giving up much in assets?
Darling is in the AHL and to stay there. Mrazek/McElhinney are certainly no stars but is this season's Luongo better than them? Even if he is, is the marginal improvement really worth the 1.3 mill cap space for three years?
If I'm looking at improving the goaltending for a playoff run, our goalies are amongst the last guys in the league that I'd consider.

Reactions: I am not exposed

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle

I think there's about 0% chance Lou would waive to go to Carolina. That team has no chance of winning the cup.

Maybe he would go to an absolute favorite like Tampa but that's about it.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I don’t think that they will get Bob or the Breadman until the season is over because they realize that they are not getting into the playoffs so why absorb any more money in those two for absolutely no reason.

They probably will move Brassard, Pysyk, Brouwer, Heahan and Malgin for picks. That will be around $10,000,000 off the books.
yea but keep in mind we still need an additional 3 players outside of our top-12, top-6, and 2 goaltedners to fill out a 23 man roster. those extra players will be entry level-esk deals which match brouwer and malgin's sub-1mil contracts so itll be a wash.

mac and mcginn off the books, no more jussi buyout, move pysyk, let brassard and sheahan walk if not traded, and get rid of at least one goaltender without retaining or taking salary back. theyll have a lot of cap to work with. IF we got panarin thatd mean one of hoff or dads is going, with only 1yr left on both deals we wouldnt have the space to retain both. dadonov will proabbyl stay since they played together even tho i like hoff more. huberdeau will most liekly stay since he has another 4yrs left on his deal and wont need a raise for some time, and hes under 6per. if we move hoff i hope its for a D, like one of the anaheim defenders.

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
To be fair he did just flip two guys with term for two UFAs, and most here applauded that move.

I would hope Dale understands the season is lost and no rash deal will save it, but we have seen stranger things around here, havent we.
Most applauded that move because its removing pieces of a losing culture, that weren't pivotal in becoming a winning franchise.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Anybody and everyone is tradable. It only depends on return. For example, I’d trade Trocheck for Patrnak or Benn.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
To be fair he did just flip two guys with term for two UFAs, and most here applauded that move.

I would hope Dale understands the season is lost and no rash deal will save it, but we have seen stranger things around here, havent we.
Honestly besides sentimental they didn't have any actual value though. They were pieces we'd look to shed anyway, again as much as I liked them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad