Rumor: Panthers interested in Bobrovsky + 8-year extension, per Brooksie

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I’d argue if they can’t move Reimer they can still confidently buy him out, given that equal to or greater than 50% of his play has been at a sub-NHL level.

Buying out Reimer and taking a mediocre/subpar goalie on the market is a lateral move at worst.
I mean they can buy out anyone, what I'm saying is they would have to buy him out before signing Bob, when it's not guaranteed he's coming here. But thinking more about it Reimer is so bad he should be bought out anyways.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I would love Wayne Simmonds if at all possible. That's one guy I think would help his line mates play their game.

Meh, he's going to be asking for a hefty contract. Prefer to avoid considering his style of play. It will be similar to the Ladd/Lucic signings a few years ago. Overpaid physical UFA winger.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
I mean they can buy out anyone, what I'm saying is they would have to buy him out before signing Bob, when it's not guaranteed he's coming here. But thinking more about it Reimer is so bad he should be bought out anyways.
Right, I understood what you’re saying. But your second point was my point. They can miss out on Bob, but Reimer still needs to be bought out.

And for anyone who thinks Reimer is decent with shit D in front of him, all I’m saying is a good goalie can go a long way. Lu back in the day... Vokoun... we used to have goalies absolutely stand on their heads in front of our perpetually poopie defense.

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Fenton probably going to launch the entire Mild team into orbit. I'd like one Dumba on sale, pls. Boudreau throwing player under the bus left 'n right in his interviews...

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Meh, he's going to be asking for a hefty contract. Prefer to avoid considering his style of play. It will be similar to the Ladd/Lucic signings a few years ago. Overpaid physical UFA winger.
Wait his style of play is exactly what we're missing, unless you're talkin long term hefty contravt for a physical guy in which I'd agree. But Wayne Simmonds for no more than 2 or 3 years is very cool to me, the sales dept., and my jersey collection!

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Good enough to beat his new team last night. Both Brassard and Sheahan are both much better fits in the bottom/middle 6. The only place Nick was EVER productive in our lineup was beside Huby or Barky. He was an overpaid passenger.

Also he starts at center for a few games in PIT is now switched to RW for the game last night and by the third period was benched. Yup, classic Nick.

Would love to see these posts from actual posters claiming a huge bump in team energy IF/WHEN Nick was dealt. Oh right, you cant provide proof on that either... Having huge rose coloured glasses for a player that was handed every opportunity and could never take the next step doesnt make everyone else MEAN.

Posters got so bad they were calling for Trocheck to be traded, lol, as Nick was a MUCH better 5 on 5 player. At least thats what the stats said last year right? Even though its disregarded when the stats dont agree with your "eye tests", and player evaluations.

Just like the hate on Ekblad, but that wasnt over the top or thread derailing was it? Sounds like posters giving their favorite players passes, instead of making logical thought out arguements about actual real issues.

Classic.
Now we’re gonna make shit up to bash bjugs? Pathetic post. He was never benched. The lines changed around a lot. He played 20 mins. And they were force feeding him. Yet another over reaction in a one gave sample with flat out lies and bs to push a narrative. Just pure bias bs like always

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
This would be nice, but would he be more expensive than hes worth ?
He likely would, seeing as how most of the league is overpaid in relation to those who should be top paid...

That said, heading into the next lockout, I feel he above any other even somewhat available player may be best to immediately fill a missing role on this team.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Wait his style of play is exactly what we're missing, unless you're talkin long term hefty contravt for a physical guy in which I'd agree. But Wayne Simmonds for no more than 2 or 3 years is very cool to me, the sales dept., and my jersey collection!

He would be looking for more than 3 years. This is his last 'big' contract. A couple of years would be fine with me as well. However, he's probably going to get 5 or 6 years.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
He would be looking for more than 3 years. This is his last 'big' contract. A couple of years would be fine with me as well. However, he's probably going to get 5 or 6 years.
We're on the same page, if not Simmonds, who could be a suitable alternative in style/age/contract/availablity?

We def. need one of him...

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
We're on the same page, if not Simmonds, who could be a suitable alternative in style/age/contract/availablity?

We def. need one of him...

Big Christmas projects to be our Simmonds type player. He's probably a year or two away from bottom 6 minutes.
Simmonds is one of my fave players but would prefer to stay away from his next contract.

Reactions: pantherbot

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I keep seeing Columbus fans ask for the moon for them both in regards to us. Why wouldn’t we jsut wait and get both for free?
Only reasons I can think of are; the team thinks they can sneak in the playoffs, they want to evaluate Bob behind this defense, they want the advantage of negotiating early and the 8th year.

I'm okay with getting Bob to test run him before committing long term, but he should be cheap. I see no reason to send a 1st+ to get Panarin for a playoff/Cup run that won't materialize.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Tranq

Dec 13, 2008
Panarin will probably get 11 million. Is that right? Bob about 8-9?

How will that work when we also need a top 4 D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad