Post-Game Talk: Panthers gut out a 4-3 win with Bob shining late for Q's 900th win, 2nd all time

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
By the way, those calling Hubie the best player on the team ahead of Barkov really aren’t watching (or don’t know how to watch) what Barky does out there, he’s often the screen that critically contributes to the goal, or he’s the one who strips the puck from their D and keeps it in the zone, and he’s the one the other team is most worried about which leaves space for Hubie and Dads to do their thing.

Put Hubie with Tro and Hoff and let’s see if he can get even close to the level he’s at. Still, Hubie is playing fantastic and is the team’s second best forward.

The last time I can remember when Trocheck was good, it's because he had Huby on his wing... Vinnie is becoming garbage more and more it's crazy !

Reactions: Pepe Cahones

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
The last time I can remember when Trocheck was good, it's because he had Huby on his wing... Vinnie is becoming garbage more and more it's crazy !

Yeah looks like we are a two line team. 1st and 4th. Others don't seem to get much done. Personally i liked Tro more with Malgin and Vatrano not sure why they didn't get a better look.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
So we’re 6th in the conference and 10th in the league right now with 10-5-5, but some would say we’re playing .500 hockey.

Jeez two thirds of the teams must really suck right?

Funny we're tied for the 5th fewest regulation losses in the league, yet nobody ever talks about that. That dang loser point ruining the game!!! We're one of the best teams in the league. 3 on 3 and shootout is just a crapshoot.

Reactions: I am not exposed

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Yeah looks like we are a two line team. 1st and 4th. Others don't seem to get much done. Personally i liked Tro more with Malgin and Vatrano not sure why they didn't get a better look.

Exactly... Still think we have the éléments to have another line though !

Malgin is growing on me... Always liked Vatrano, Hoffman can play, love what Connolly brings... Boyle is a great player but a fourth-liner IMO... And Trocheck is Trocheck... But things aren't clicking !

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Funny we're tied for the 5th fewest regulation losses in the league, yet nobody ever talks about that. That dang loser point ruining the game!!! We're one of the best teams in the league. 3 on 3 and shootout is just a crapshoot.

So now playoffs are determined with only régulation wins ? Didn't get the memo on that... Guess we're really doomed, the year we are on pace for 100+ points with a good coach and good players...

So what's our point totals ? 12 ? Because of the 6 wins in regulation ? We must be at the bottom of the league right now with the Sens... What a crappy team the Panthers are !

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I thought i saw Yandle creeping up on the pairings while Matheson was with Pysyk.

Do you guys think Q is warming up to Yandle with more icetime and putting Matheson on 3rd pairing?

It wouldn't surprise me. Yandle's pulled himself out of that terrible funk he was in to begin the season.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
He and his wife both claim that he didn't do anything. If he was a white American or Canadian he would be still playing in the NHL, but he is one of those "people who come here". No, even worse he is Russian...

I'm all for second chances for people who have done their time, I just don't know if I want to spend my money on and root for that guy on my favorite hockey team.

Food for thought:
Varlamova told police that Voynov then kicked her five to six times while on the ground. She said she screamed for him to stop.

When she rose, the report said, Voynov pushed her into the corner of a flat-screen television mounted on the wall, opening a gash above Varlamova’s left eye. Varlamova said the couple’s bedroom was “covered in her blood.”

When he scores a goal or makes a good play, I don't know how that image won't play in my mind every time. Voynov will be just fine if he never plays in the NHL again.

Last edited:

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
This is a discussion that's going to make people upset on both sides, so all I can say is, I'm staying out of it unless the team does decide to pursue him.

Which I'm pretty sure they won't.

Reactions: pantherbot

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I'm all for second chances for people who have done their time, I just don't know if I want to spend my money on and root for that guy on my favorite hockey team.

Food for thought:

When he scores a goal or makes a good play, I don't know how that image won't play in my mind every time. Voynov will be just fine if he never plays in the NHL again.

Yeah, that doesn't sound like an account of a woman who just made it up. That's pretty specific and gory.

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Small potatoes compared to what goes on in the nfl so wouldn't be surprised if he gets another chance. And tbh not going to pretend I care one way or the other.

geisterpanthers

Feb 7, 2018
Germany

Food for thought:

Later she said he didn't do anything, you can choose what to believe. I'm not saying that he hasn't done it, but based on that we can't be sure. And no matter what happened, he and his wife seem to be on good terms.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Imagine him in today's game with today's sticks...triple digits in season goals...?

He isnt better than MacDavid or Mackinnon as a skater if anything they are on par. And his overall skill level isnt really better than them. SO you can expect goal production to be similar to Mackinnon not as good as Macdavid.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
He isnt better than MacDavid or Mackinnon as a skater if anything they are on par. And his overall skill level isnt really better than them. SO you can expect goal production to be similar to Mackinnon not as good as Macdavid.

Still, he put up those numbers in a time when it was a lot harder to score - clutch and grab, big goalie equipment, defensive tactics (still the two line pass?). Not faster than MacD and MacK but the much purer scorer IMO

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

Goal production not as good as McDavid? Bure would be battling for the Rocket Richard trophy every season if he played now.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Still, he put up those numbers in a time when it was a lot harder to score - clutch and grab, big goalie equipment, defensive tactics (still the two line pass?). Not faster than MacD and MacK but the much purer scorer IMO

Yeah but at the time his speed made him a threat he was faster than most players on the ice. In today's game his speed wouldn't be as much of an advantage I'l agree that perhaps he has more finishing ability than MacDavid or Mackinnon as a goal scorer but he lacks the vision and playmaking ability of MacDavid as well as his overall skill level. He also lacks the physical aspect of Mackinnon's game. Overall he would be a top 5 goal scorer maybe some years as the best scorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad